Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

I said come in! posted:

What level do you go from Beginner to Student?

You hit Beginner 36, then you have to get 290,000xp to fill the bar. You’ll then unlock the means to hit Student 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Xun posted:

How many EU goons do we have? Not sure if there's enough to start a goon guild or if it's better for me and my gf to find a random pubbie guild

EU goon here.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

I like to role play my class. Now I have a drinking problem.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'm a Berserker and I'm not good at it. I finally feel like I've got a handle on my DPS rotations but I'm near the bottom even outgearing other folks by a few levels. Melee is rough for some of the fights for sure, but the other melees seem to have figured it out.

My tank spec isn't great either, especially trash pulls. Boss fights I'm figuring out but there have been some where my healers are doing way more than they should need to.

Played four of the Hard mode extra bosses this cycle, only one clear but the fights are pretty fun.

I should probably roll a new character but sunk cost and all that.

Game is good.

Any trash pull that isn’t a death is a success regardless of what the healers have to do. I’m only gear score 55 and as a Drunken master tank, I don’t really struggle at all on trash. Size of pull obviously matters, but I’ve also done some monstrous pulls on hard mode.

Maybe this will help.

e: you also wanna abuse the ever living poo poo out of the blocking stance. It both lowers the damage you’ll receive and amplifies your aggro immensely with its retaliation damage. Ontop of that, your rainbow phantom thing with give you a 14% shield when you recall it. It’s not super clear to begin with but any mob in the area of the phantom when you recall it will be pulled Ontop of you and the shield is then applied.

Rinzla fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 17, 2021

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

CubicalSucrose posted:

Thanks for this, the stat thing is really helpful for prioritizing Jades and parchment buys. I tanked some Normals the other day to get better at understanding layouts and stopping points, and then a few Hards trying to clear Hiddens and it went well enough.

Hidden boss fights are pretty fun. Seems like they only drop Parchments and not gear? 40 Astral progress each seems really good.

I’m pretty sure the cap is 140 parchments per week. If that’s the case and the gear boxes are only a chance then I probably wouldn’t even bother with hiddens. You can cap out at 140 without them.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

I said come in! posted:

Quests really need to give more experience points, and the level requirements need to be lowered. I am level 33 and I ran out of quests to do, but in order to continue with the story I need to be level 34. It's very frustrating.

Failing everything else that’s said you can just spam drill frost bitten path for 10k XP a time.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

CuddleCryptid posted:

Tanked my first 10 man instance last night, it was pretty cool actually. I do have the issue that most of my combat is done with action mode but taunting requires point and clicking so I have to keep switching, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Generally speaking, if it’s a mob that’s attacking some ranged guy in the distance, throw your phantom Ontop of it and then recall it. It will both taunt and then pull the mob toward you. Failing that if you tab target it’ll tab to the target you’re looking at. Not the closest thing to you. Once said mob is Ontop of you, you can just drop a light smash and then Use your guard and the subsequent damage will keep the aggro on you.

Boss tanking is honestly more about stoping the cleave damage from normal attacks than anything else. My favourite part is when a dps stands next to me and evaporates due to cleave. They only do it once.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

You don’t always have to report people for flaming. Sometimes it’s enjoyable to watch. The day I murder someone and they say “Jolly good show chap” is probably the day I uninstall everything and take up gardening.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

I said come in! posted:

Crowfall has been a good source of meltdowns in world chat over PvP.

I founded into that YEARS ago with a buddy. Got an email saying it was live the other day and just kinda shrugged and ignored it.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Has anyone unlocked the achievement for collecting (probably means executing) Jedi Backlashes? The achievement for doing one is called “Exciting, But not dangerous” and for doing 100 of them is called “You have three tricks!” And unlocks the title of “Shadow”.

I’ve tried to figure out what it might be from the achievement name and the title it gives. But I’m lost.

I’ve apparently done it once, but I can’t replicate it at all. Not sure if it’s Beserker specific.

In terms of 3 tricks, the only thing Zerker has 3 of is the teleport dodge while charging cloud ripper and the normal 3 jumps aswell as a 3 charge cloud ripper.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Estraysian posted:

I think it means killing a mob while on extremely low life, like 1% low.

Legend, thanks.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Corbeau posted:

Finally got a chance to get into a hard mode and try the extra boss. It was fun. We did not clear it.

Some of them are a pain. I think the easiest one is the big golem thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

I said come in! posted:

Do the devs have any plans to overhaul the UI? I still play SOLO everyday to at least do the PvE dailies, but this game does still need a lot of work. There are a lot of mechanics that could just be streamlined way more, or are not really necessary. The UI needs to be completely redone, and the optimization is non-existent. Since i'm primarily doing group content now, i've resorted to just having the game at the lowest possible settings, and turning player models off. Even though this is a 3+ year old, and I am playing on a RTX 2070, it's the only way I can actually get 60fps and even then it's not stable.

Turning the settings down actually does more harm than good oddly. Put your settings back up and play with teammate character models off. That’s how I play and don’t really have an issue. Running RTX2070 Gaming Z with a Ryzen 7 1700x.