Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why would anybody want to mod this shithole? Like, serious, is Julias doing it for free?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

vote me mod, I will ban anyone who doesn't have an ahegao av ere the sun rises on the morrow

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

the only way to make sure no one is uncomfortable is to make everyone uncomfortable.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Violen posted:

i assume it was decided midway through writing up a pm that it would be funnier not to, and who i am to disagree

They were correct about it being funnier, but they shoulda done namtab a solid by adding another Karen to compensate

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

Athanatos edited it to a slower version after a user messaged them telling them that they identified it as a genuine seizure risk (their life partner has Epilepsy so they're hyper aware of that stuff)

Thats actually a load of rubbish, the sped up version os extremely unlikely to be a seizure risk.

E: To clarify, I assess epilepsy risk all the time in my work, part of my job role is knkwing about epilepsy risk and giving advice to highly vulnerable people, and my credentials stretch beyond "my wife has it" as in im a qualified nurse in a country where that means a great deal of expertise and training.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 27, 2021

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Also yes this is the first ive heard of that being the reason.

E: to be clear though Julias, I'm not mad at you.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 27, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sam Faust posted:

I remember there being a minor kerfuffle about people noticing that their animated avatars slowing down for some reason. It turned out that somebody was just buying a bunch of new avatars that were slowed down versions of the old ones.
that's real good

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Sam Faust posted:

I remember there being a minor kerfuffle about people noticing that their animated avatars slowing down for some reason. It turned out that somebody was just buying a bunch of new avatars that were slowed down versions of the old ones.

Reminds me of the "Avatars Not Moving In FYAD" thread, which is one of the rare times that someone messed with fyad in a funny way: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3959046

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

Thats actually a load of rubbish, the sped up version os extremely unlikely to be a seizure risk.

E: To clarify, I assess epilepsy risk all the time in my work, part of my job role is knkwing about epilepsy risk and giving advice to highly vulnerable people, and my credentials stretch beyond "my wife has it" as in im a qualified nurse in a country where that means a great deal of expertise and training.

To be clear said poster messaged me to tell you this since you brought it up, so I don't think it was malicious even if they were mistaken.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

UnfurledSails posted:

Reminds me of the "Avatars Not Moving In FYAD" thread, which is one of the rare times that someone messed with fyad in a funny way: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3959046

if u mess with avs or sigs it makes it sting

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

destroyed by .webp

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lucavi posted:

if u mess with avs or sigs it makes it sting

This

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Namtab posted:

I’m deferring to your expertise on this and am demanding that your regular speed avatar is returned

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i feel like if it's going to be the same gif stacked on top of itself each image should be at a different speed

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Give Karen her power back

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
between the closing of the lgbt thread and the gassing of the femboy appreciation thread i think it's clear the mod here hates both gays and guys who are completely 100% heterosexual but really really girly

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
and i wont stand for it any longer

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
didn't fluffdaddy gas the femboy thread?

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
bring back the femboys

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kirbysuperstar posted:

didn't fluffdaddy gas the femboy thread?

It was Fluffdaddy yeah.

Also Dis is just trolling.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also the thread was rebooted, here's the new LGBTQ thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3977589

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lucavi posted:

bring back the femboys

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lucavi posted:

bring back the femboys

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I mean, cute is cute, so I'm not gonna complain if we get more cute.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Femboy and tomboy thread

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Lucavi posted:

bring back the femboys

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
this femboy erasure wont stand

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
Bring back the femboy thread and hand out more than 6 hours next time someone posts about jacking off

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Julias posted:

It was Fluffdaddy yeah.

why?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

probably bc of this

batteries! posted:

someone posts about jacking off

however just do this

batteries! posted:

hand out more than 6 hours next time

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1431607673997324296

Femboys stay winning.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
let that be a lesson

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Raxivace posted:

Is my avatar too flashy? I'm pretty fond of it but if there's risk of it inducing a seizure in people then I'm willing to sacrifice it.

I'm not really an expert because my epilepsy isn't extremely photosensitive, but certain lights and such can bother me if other factors are already in play, and honestly, you should be fine because it's mostly framed so it's pretty easy to look away from as opposed to something you can't avoid looking at.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Change the name back or at least make it less obnoxious. If you couldn't come up with a good replacement was there any reason just 'Anime' wouldn't work. This whole saga of trying to change the name but keep the acronym or whatever has been incredibly cringe and embarsssing. Also I don't know why there hasn't just been a poll or something considering it's not like it's a big forum in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

new name is pretty crap. what is the joke? I would prefer anything else, even "Anime", even "VEGETA". even -- and I can hardly bear to say this -- Rambunctious Wholesomeness