Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Give every one who posts on ADTRW a Karen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

I read a lot of manga

While you're here, I have to tell you something.

Your style of recommending things, where you put a million caveats of the flaws with a series, and tend to exaggerate those flaws, does a lot more to turn people off from reading those things than it has ever done to convince them to pick up those series. For the love of god, when you recommend something, show some restraint, and just mention a couple of the strong points that endear it to you. Most people can overlook small flaws, so please have faith that they will too.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

Question for the mods: do you avoid spoilers or do you read them
Yes; 99.99% of the time, it doesn't bother me and, much like Julias, sometimes it even makes me look forward to what's coming wrt a series.

That being said, I do have a couple of series that have gotten spoiled and I had to exercise thus far an incredible amount of restraint to not give the spoiling goon a little something I like to call the e-bear-claw. :mad:

DoubleDonut posted:

Are you kidding? Do you want this whole forum to be even more powerful than it already is? No. No way. :colbert:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mods I need to buy myself a new avatar but I don't know what to get, how can I decide on an avatar to waste my money on.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what's your favorite ADTRW thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mods I need to buy myself a new avatar but I don't know what to get, how can I decide on an avatar to waste my money on.

DoubleDonut posted:

Nah.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Strange Quark posted:

I didn't realize you were a mod, answering questions here in the mod feedback thread
I forgot what thread I was in, lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ninjewtsu posted:

It's going to sound a bit egotistical, but the seasonal threads. Not because of the thread OPs, but rather because I love seeing goons discuss the new crop of shows, what they are excited for, people convincing others to try new shows, people convincing others to not try new shows, and people giving their overall thoughts towards the end of the season. Not to mention the occasional news updates and discussion derails.

Though if we are talking about any sort of historical, individual threads, I was a big fan of the Lum avatar compilation thread.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

Not sure if "favorite" but the first two threads that made me want to and then buckle down to buy an account were:
  • Kimi ni Todoke and...
  • Psycho-Pass Season 1.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

Nah.

I got a sig roulette but that doesn't work for avatars.

Much thanks to my friend, the parsley.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I got a sig roulette but that doesn't work for avatars.

No it works, you just need to buy a new one every five minutes

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't have that kind of money Squark.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

What about that 500 Won? Did you get that back?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
KRW 500 IS USD 0.50, BLOSSOM! THAT'S 1/10TH OF AN AVATAR.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Just get a very tiny one!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Will Namtab ever be a mod

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

thetoughestbean posted:

:byodood: Two goons enter! One goon leaves!Two goons enter! One goon leaves! Two goons enter! One goon leaves! Two goons enter! One goon leaves!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

thetoughestbean posted:

A mod, no. A dom however...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im happy to go down to one or two fast Karens for a while if the mods want to spread some Karen love.

Alternatively please give me 5 fast karens

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

For the time being i will allow music mod and sidekick mod to survive

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Can we get a different background picture for dark mode?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

StandardVC10 posted:

Can we get a different background picture for dark mode?

I've asked a few people about it, and a couple of suggestions came up:

I know Wark Say favored the tractor, though I'm fine with either one or a better suggestion if one comes along. This has been mostly on the back burner because it's a Jeffrey thing, and he's been busy with higher priority things, though I can elevate it to his attention.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Tractor looks way comfier, imho.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah the tractor is nice. The other one is still fairly bright on one side.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The tractor is a better fit for the rest of the dark theme, I think.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Putting in a vote for Tractor.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

give me a comedy sixer for making GBS threads up the blue reflection thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Now that forum descriptions are a thing we need a better (funnier) forum description that reflects this forum.

I demand that the mods run a contest.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
@wark arf doesn't get it

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like that's entirely up to Arf. Doesn't seem that difficult to get, tbh. Sorry. :shobon:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 14, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

@wark arf doesn't get it

This.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry Arfy. It's not your fault. But I still cherish you and wish to see you succeed.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
gently caress yoy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Would it be possible to get harsher punishments for all the drive-by shitposting in threads? 6 Hour Probes are totally fine to let regulars cool off who've started arguing with each other or the classic 6 hour comedy probation but there's people jumping from god knows which community, who either have no posts at all in ADTRW or they're all "lol pedos" and they only get six hour probes despite having a page (Or sometimes longer!) rap sheets as if they didn't know that crashing into a thread to start poo poo was wrong. Some of them end up coming to the same thread over and over, and the ramp goes 6 hours, 6 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, one day, and that really isn't enough when they've done it multiple times already.

I mean, it's easily ignorable and for the most part is but people unhinged like that really don't need to be posting on the internet as often as they do imo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RealFoxy posted:

Would it be possible to get harsher punishments for all the drive-by shitposting in threads? 6 Hour Probes are totally fine to let regulars cool off who've started arguing with each other or the classic 6 hour comedy probation but there's people jumping from god knows which community, who either have no posts at all in ADTRW or they're all "lol pedos" and they only get six hour probes despite having a page (Or sometimes longer!) rap sheets as if they didn't know that crashing into a thread to start poo poo was wrong. Some of them end up coming to the same thread over and over, and the ramp goes 6 hours, 6 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, one day, and that really isn't enough when they've done it multiple times already.

I mean, it's easily ignorable and for the most part is but people unhinged like that really don't need to be posting on the internet as often as they do imo.

I'm not quite sure which posts in particular you are referring towards, but "lol pedo" stuff generally gets delt with harshly, and often times those posters are PM'd warnings not to shitstir or else they'll get thread/forum banned.

If you're talking about posts like Dongicus in the V-tuber thread, they used to make regular posts in there, but they've settled on a dumb lazy gimmick, so responding to their lazy gimmick with probations seemed appropriate. They're on the border of being told to stop posting in the thread and getting threadbanned if they can't stop it, but otherwise it's nothing too serious.

If there's something you think we've overlooked, feel free to PM us or ask about it in here.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Indeed. Also, in general, like it's nowhere near as huge as, say, Twitch Streamers/Youtubers/etc but, like, c'mon: This may read anecdotal AF but both of my wife's siblings/my brother and sister-in-law, the most "salt-of-the-earth" mexicans you can imagine, they're constantly watching stuff I didn't even know existed using my accounts and, like, asking me for stuff that's not on streaming services and how to get their hands on it.

It's fine, you can watch anime, nobody gives a drat. If someone goes "lol pedo" is like you can go "Hey, good! You woke up from your +10-15 year coma, buddy! Yeah, that poo poo don't fly anymore, don't be a fucknugget". And, y'know, report it, either here, via a regular report with that big red button and/or just PM Julias/yours truly. :)

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Can I call Miura Kentaro a pedophile now that he's dead or is he still a sacred cow?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, you do you; if you want to say whatever brouhaha comes out of your skull with regards to Miura, that's entirely on you.

That being said, whatever it is you want to say, don't smear anyone else on your spiel. And, of course: If you say something catastrophically idiotic, you pretty much know what's next.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think that shitposts are sometimes made by cool people and the mods should be cautious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
You can shitpost without being offensive