Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

stev posted:

After the trailer leak a few months ago I really don't see why Elden Ring wouldn't show up at E3. If it doesn't then that'll be alarm bell time.

There's been an Elden Ring trailer!?! :stare:

Edit: And now I've seen it, oh God I should have stayed in ignorance now I want it.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
Yeah a bunch of footage leaked a few months ago in pretty bad quality. Looked like Dark Souls but with horse-riding but there wasn't much else to take away from it.

There's very credible rumours that the Elden Ring gameplay reveal is coming very soon, which would probably indicate a March release. If that pans out it'll just be 3 years between Sekiro and Elden Ring, just like there were 3 years between DS3 and Sekiro, it just feels a bit weirder because Elden Ring was announced so early.

Really, it was just pretty absurd that From were able to put out DS2, Bloodborne and DS3 all within three years. Development between all of them overlapped heavily and it doesn't seem like From were working on anything else at the time. My guess is as Elden Ring sounds like it's larger in scope than previous titles (being open world), it's required more development resources so they've focused on just making one Souls-esque game at a time, while their other teams branch out and make other games. They've been talking about a new Armored Core being in development for a while now (since 2016 I think?), but obviously nothing's come of that yet, as well as wanting to branch out further and work in new genres.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

There's been an Elden Ring trailer!?! :stare:

Edit: And now I've seen it, oh God I should have stayed in ignorance now I want it.

There've been a couple instances of stuff getting leaked from internal/press/whatever demos, badly shot footage of screens of trailers or like forty seconds of gameplay here and there. It looks like some Souls rear end Souls and that's totally fine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Orv posted:

It looks like some Souls rear end Souls and that's totally fine.

Sums things up nicely :hmmyes:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Sorry Horizon, but if my options are sequel to good game that's expected to also be good, and the absolute grab bag that is anything Sonic

Sonic everytime

This big time.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I’d rather eat sonic trash than ‘good’ games like Horizon or the Last of Us any day of the week.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think the most disappointing part of the new consoles being back compatible is that we don't get any of those next gen trailers for games that get quietly canceled and people inexplicably get attached to and are clearly coming any day now.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

I’d rather eat sonic trash than ‘good’ games like Horizon or the Last of Us any day of the week.

:hai:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

I think the most disappointing part of the new consoles being back compatible is that we don't get any of those next gen trailers for games that get quietly canceled and people inexplicably get attached to and are clearly coming any day now.

2021 has to be the year of Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Advent Rising 2 is coming, I'm tellin' ya

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Unironically agree. Haven’t played Horizon but after playing every Naughty Dog game up to Lost Legacy I can’t bear the thought of another game that’s just Gears of War again. I’m also sick of God of War and Ratchet and Clank.

Please get Team ICO or what’s left of Studio Japan give me something to look forward to on PS5.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm all for more Sonic and more wacky poo poo, but Horizon Zero Dawn and its DLC were both fantastic and one of my favorite games ever, so let's not get carried away, it's not a zero-sum kind of situation, lol.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Like Im glad we all let Frame City Killer go but children, please, Deep Down is never coming and if Agent were to suddenly become real 10 years later it would not be whatever game was shown in the trailer

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My favourite E3 moment was when NieR Automata was announced, because TheDarkId was about three updates away from finishing the Drakengard 3 LP and thought he was done with the franchise forever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

mutata posted:

I'm all for more Sonic and more wacky poo poo, but Horizon Zero Dawn and its DLC were both fantastic and one of my favorite games ever, so let's not get carried away, it's not a zero-sum kind of situation, lol.

I agree 100%, and I think the chance the Sonic whatever is bad or laughable is probably well above 50%. But that's hilarious and why I'll be watching Sonic.

Horizon will get a vote of confidence as I'll just trust whatever they show off will be sweet as hell and not as insane.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 minutes!
sleeping dogs 2

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i still haven't recovered from the excitement of a Phantom Dust reboot only to have it cancelled like half a year later :eng99:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

John Romero posted:

sleeping dogs 2

This is just mean.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

From have basically finished all their work on Elden Ring, they're just waiting for GRRM to send them the lore for the last 2 zones

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

No one lives forever part 3

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

Like Im glad we all let Frame City Killer go but children, please, Deep Down is never coming and if Agent were to suddenly become real 10 years later it would not be whatever game was shown in the trailer

Agent is even worse because it was just a logo at the PS3's launch E3, with a mention of it being by Rockstar, and that was loving IT.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dragon Quest anniversary stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfmOWgfYVjY

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Announce Builders 3 then trash bin the main line games thanks in advance Squeenix

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lolling at (there are no plans for a worldwide release)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ahaha they show DQX and then immediately "NO PLANS FOR A WORLDWIDE RELEASE"

worth showing in an English stream then!!

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

The 7th Guest posted:

ahaha they show DQX and then immediately "NO PLANS FOR A WORLDWIDE RELEASE"

worth showing in an English stream then!!

why would they do this to us :negative:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

then DQX Offline

...for japan only

lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DQ3 Remake by the HD-2D (Octopath) team

interesting

WILL come to the US

e:
new IP, Dragon Quest Treasures, looks like a Zelda-style game with monster companions. worldwide release, no platforms yet

DQ12's official name is The Flames of Fate. It'll be ditching turn-based combat. Yakuza took it from them

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 27, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

DQ3 Remake by the HD-2D (Octopath) team

psyched as hell about this

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

no rocket slime, the E3 fails starting early this year

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Fawf posted:

no rocket slime, the E3 fails starting early this year

this is the only thing from a DQ stream I could have been more excited about than "Octopath style DQ3 remake"

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I recreated Alihan in 3D in Unity, so I’m pretty stoked for this.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Get ready for disappointment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwjPEcWU5Fc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Recap:

Sonic Colors Ultimate, a remaster of the Wii game for current consoles (maybe PC?)
Sonic Colors animated special which looks like Erin Esurance animation
Sonic the Fighters will be playable in Lost Judgment
a weird Sonic fursuit in Tokyo Olympics 2020
Sonic DLC for Two Point Hospital
some mobile stuff who cares
new Sonic Team game whose teaser was remarkably similar to Sonic 06 with Sonic running through a forest

e: and Sonic Origins, a Sonic 1-3+CD collection

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 27, 2021

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I hated that (disappointing stream about a) hedgehog.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The 7th Guest posted:

Recap:

Sonic Colors Ultimate, a remaster of the Wii game for current consoles (maybe PC?)
new Sonic Team game whose teaser was remarkably similar to Sonic 06 with Sonic running through a forest

you forgot the bling, for fans of hip hop culture

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

Recap:

Also the first rerelease of Sonic 3 since 2009

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

How is Sonic Colors? Gameplay in the trailer makes it look fairly similar to Generations, would someone who enjoyed that game enjoy Colors?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SUNKOS posted:

How is Sonic Colors? Gameplay in the trailer makes it look fairly similar to Generations, would someone who enjoyed that game enjoy Colors?
Yeah pretty much. I liked Colors quite a bit, and without waggle the wisp stuff should be less painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SUNKOS posted:

Yes. It’s good and very similar.