Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Dandadan has been running in Jump+ since April 2021. The author Yukinobu Tatsu is the former assistant of Chainsaw Man / Fire Punch author Tatsuki Fujimoto.

Momo Ayase

Kind-hearted stubborn hothead, she believes in ghosts and is obsessed with the actor Ken Takakura.

Ken Takakura

Has no relation to the actor. Bullied annoying self-hating otaku who's fanatical about aliens and UFOs.

Dodoria Santa

Ayase's grandmother. Extremely competent when it comes to ghosts or her psychic powers. Layabout otherwise.

Ken Takakura

Does not appear in this manga. He passed away in 2014.

Check it out, it's pretty good.

It's being officially released in english on MangaPlus.

Also it's getting an anime, releasing in 2024

https://twitter.com/anime_dandadan/status/1729153354717130944?t=HH1mensKPllgcAA_PVICBQ&s=19

Sagabal fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
The art is great, the action is drawn really dynamically, and there's some cool creative paneling a la Chainsawman but that's where the similarity ends. It feels really shallow but there's only 7 chapters out. The first chapter was also pretty gross which kills most of my enthusiasm for this. I'll probably check back in to see where the story goes when more is released but talk about bad first impressions.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This poo poo is loving insane and needs an anime ASAP

The mother loving Flatwoods Monster is a deep rear end cut for a manga, especially in just the second chapter

also Ken’s Okarun’s monster form looks cool as gently caress ngl

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Ken Takakura

Does not appear in this manga. He passed away in 2014.

... I mean, given the subject matter, he still could show up

not like being dead disqualifies him in this universe

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 2, 2021

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

yum posted:

The first chapter was also pretty gross which kills most of my enthusiasm for this. I'll probably check back in to see where the story goes when more is released but talk about bad first impressions.

oh you mean that scene where Sonic the Grannydemon jumps out of a smartphone screen and breakdances across the room while biting a bunch of aliens’ dicks off?

cuz bro, if that poo poo bothered you then I regret to inform you that maybe the manga isn’t the problem here

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This comics super cool, gonna be one to watch going forward for sure.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I. M. Gei posted:

oh you mean that scene where Sonic the Grannydemon jumps out of a smartphone screen and breakdances across the room while biting a bunch of aliens’ dicks off?

cuz bro, if that poo poo bothered you then I regret to inform you that maybe the manga isn’t the problem here

I think it's the high school girl getting stripped down to her underwear then groped and threatened with rape, OP.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Vanderdeath posted:

I think it's the high school girl getting stripped down to her underwear then groped and threatened with rape, OP.

yeah but that part goes away pretty quickly and is easy to ignore. and it’s only happened that one time

also new chapter finally

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 9, 2021

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

yeah but that part goes away pretty quickly and is easy to ignore. and it’s only happened that one time
This series is high energy fun, good art, and now I can officially say it has an adorable couple. This kind of chapter demands being read in two-page mode.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I appreciate that the two girlfriends (Do they have names yet?) immediately correctly identified the situation.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

get owned

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

^^^ if you’re gonna post a panel from it, then AT LEAST mention that another new chapter is out and post a link to it, drat. this ain’t hard

“YOU HAVEN’T EVEN SEEN IT!!”

yeah let’s keep it that way, thanks.

like I get that a ghost stealing a man’s junk is an unusual situation where a ghost expert might need to verify whether he has it or not, but you’re a grown rear end adult and the “man” in this case is an underage child. if you need to know that poo poo THAT BAD then take the kid to a medical professional and have THEM check it out. hell they’d do a better job at it than you anyway, since they can identify if other parts that you don’t even know to check for are broken or missing too.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 10, 2021

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i feel like yukinobu picked up on fujimoto's love of exploitation movies but a lot of the other aspects of fjmt kino got lost here. still enjoying it tbqh

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

is it just me or is the scanlator slow as poo poo on this?

is Pair of 2+ a one-man op or something?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This manga is good.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://arangscans.com/manga/dandadan/chapter-11/

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I believe this manga's theme is 'Two grannies fighting over a teenager's junk'.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

that was 11 and here's 12 https://m.imgur.com/a/3ULbjyf

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Oh lord we have a moron entering the fray.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I read the last few pages and in my head “I’m Too Sexy” by Right Said Fred was playing in the background.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
I really like the hair in this manga and the fashion sense as well, it's just so detailed.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://arangscans.com/chapters/08d93ac5-f020-4961-8e42-51a50611703d/read
here's 13

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

14 https://arangscans.com/chapters/08d94202-0387-4f6b-8e9b-39546062f7ff/read

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

That was great. This is better than it ought to be.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Old women are STRONG!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Acrobatic Silky would make a great rapper name

EDIT: … and an alright username, for that matter

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
This comic rules

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Protag's hair is on loving point.

She cool.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://arangscans.com/chapters/08d9488d-0971-403c-83f8-32555cc2993a/read

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007
Anyone have a source for chapter 5? The one on the pairof2 website has broken images and pages from the Blue Lock soccer manga in it :(

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

thetedster posted:

Anyone have a source for chapter 5? The one on the pairof2 website has broken images and pages from the Blue Lock soccer manga in it :(

I’ve been reading it here, but this site is an aggregator if you don’t care about the source

https://manganato.com/manga-lp988998

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://arangscans.com/chapters/08d94e1c-76ac-4650-86d0-b62c20847447/read

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well that took a depressing turn

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

RatHat posted:

Well that took a depressing turn

Oh you mean because that one girl died at the end of the last chapter? Hmm, well that’s a bummer, but let’s take a look and see how this plays o:stare::cry::smithicide:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This part is metal as gently caress tho :black101:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

Oh you mean because that one girl died at the end of the last chapter? Hmm, well that’s a bummer, but let’s take a look and see how this plays o:stare::cry::smithicide:

Yeah, coming off the back of someone literally dying, a very well portrayed mother losing her daughter and killing herself really just punched below the belt.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Look, you don't get vengeful spirits from happy endings.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

jesus christ

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope the ghost lady murdered those dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Starting reading this and really binged through it in one sitting. Huge fan of the art and the relationship between the two protags is really charming, even in such early stages. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

Jesus that last chapter was really a turn though.