Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This arc has been rad with great art but I am kinda glad we're moving on from the Evil Eye story for the most part. It was the right time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Patware posted:

owned immediately

Owned beyond measure outlander…

I am the n’wah.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Chapter 1 is really weirdly tonally discordant with the rest of the series, no two ways about it. Hopefully they reel it in but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

The best part of having Jiji around is all the completely pointless ambient posing. :allears:

Anyway. Everything is dumb as hell and it’s great.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 6, 2022

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm hooting and hollering rn

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I mean, in this case I'm pretty sure by "small government" it means "weak military" - I don't think it's intended in the same way libertarians in the US talk about small government. If anything, the implication might be a relatively right-wing one, given the political topic of developing an actual military in Japan (I usually deliberately avoid looking into this stuff with manga because you usually won't like what you find out).

It's this, unfortunately. Battle Granny is basically a Japanese right winger talking point echoing through fantastical metaphor. Not the first time Dandadan has kinda flirted with right wing poo poo, but it's unclear at this point how much authorial endorsement battle granny's world view has

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Jiji is literally turning into a muppet in one of those panels

I support him

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Very niiiice

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Can normal people see okarun running around with his bare feet though, drat boy put them things away or start charging people for a gander

Also isn't okarun confused because he saw momo and jiji falling asleep together (was that before or after he read the letter)?

Okarun is second guessing himself mostly because the “love ya!” on the note could theoretically be read in a more casual way. It’s obviously not meant that way but he’s second guessing himself into the pit because he’s afraid that if he guesses wrong on how it was intended that everything will go bad.

Anyway, more Vamola power walking in her big dumb suit please

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Farg posted:

"static" images. It's in the name literally. they got a word for moving images and its a gif

Farg more like fart lmao

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I did not realize how much the comic would improve with Momo in a wizard hat.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I can't believe I was waiting all this time for Cromartie High vs Jumanji.

And I can't believe how good it is.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

This chapter went all out

Into my chest, stopping my heart and my feels instantly. Farewell friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Okarun’s conspicuous lack of background is because he doesn’t have one. He’s a Tidus style dream. Naturally when he discovers this his reaction will be “bummer”.