Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I’m sorry, I didn’t know we had a thread for dandadan. Is there where I can get in line to gush over it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Vamola is going to end up with the nerdy creep.

She going to fight mama isn’t she?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

One thing I've noticed in recent (non Vamola-exclusive chapters) is that we're not seeing a lot of Okarun. At the end of the most recent chapter, on the page where we see everyone's reaction to Vamola's story, his face is turned away, even as he's in the center. Like at this point he's Goku running along Snake Way and I'm expecting him to do something absolutely ludicrous with the whole "the key is in the spirals" thing he got from the Grannies.

Oh absolutely. Last time we saw him in full he put his game face on while eating in an epic panel. He’s going to show up and kick a lot off butt. He already did so in the first fight and now he’s motivated.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I can’t be the only one who feared just died for realz

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Lock Knight posted:

I wanna see him flatten that xenomorph-Guyver looking dude he fought last time.

Should be easy, Okarun had him on the ropes last time until the Momo copy cat started interfering.

Kuchisake Onna will be beaten by the ugly dork.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Mr. Shrimp isn't actually lying about being stronger underwater. Real Life Mantis Shrimp punch so hard that they cause the water around the point of impact to boil and create bubbles. Then water rushes back in to fill that space creating a 2nd impact which has been calculated to sometimes exceed the force of the initial punch. So when he's transformed he has full access to the unique biology of the Mantis Shrimp which lets their fists accelerate equivalent to the speed of a small calibur bullet being fired, and he's a big boy not a simple shrimp. The end result is a punch that's not only stupid fast, but would basically have the equivalent of Big O's pilebunker followup whenever he strikes something underwater. His namesake punches the poo poo out of hard shelled creatures to eat, and that Ayylmao fits the category.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78_sOEadC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ8JC1d_wgY&t=424s

Mr. Shrimp also gave probably the coldest last lines of the Dandadagang after no-selling being injected with venom and pummeled to near death. He's simply the perfect character; a great father, a strong fighter, and a total bro fighting for his friends. It is no surprise that whenever a Mantis Shrimp themed character shows up in a story, he's my favorite. Thinking about Keiji from Terra Formars.

It also pulls its punches if it’s not in the water.
Link

But yeah, math in shounen. Always a great combination

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Oh no, Evil Eye is going to pop out and gently caress poo poo up

Seems like it can also spit out stuff it had erased too.

I want evil eye to pop up and sulk while respecting their earlier agreement.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

in an arc full of amazing shots, this one is one of my favorites

That panel is amazing.
Next week can’t come fast enough!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Robotnerd is hooking up with Vamola. His Akita bike will become a powered suit.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I think we can all agree with evil eye that the shapes are in fact cool. Almost as cool as Takakura I’d say.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Is the kamen rider dude still alive?

Also :tviv:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Even Evil Eye is shook by Slaughter Mode Godzilla :ohdear:

I don’t get why though. He’s been far from impressed so far.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Eggplant Squire posted:

Kinta fans are eating well!

All [increasing number] of them.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Kinta you incredible unbelievable dork! :holy:

Also omg at all those spreads!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I love how is reason yo fight is literally giant robots and pretty girls.

And I can’t get over his holy sword nonsense. That was gold.

Edit: lol, Vanola and Kinta about to doom an entire species.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I don’t think anyone is surprised by this. except the part where she was apparently either killed or survived the bombing of Japan. An interesting bit of background.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I love Evil Eye waving and then threatening Okarun in the next panel.

Those Aliens probably hate earth now.

MachuPikacchu posted:

It was a really good example of showing and not telling. A lesser manga would have had the yokai go, "Ah, these feelings...why, at a time like this? I see...as expected, Momo Ayase, your bonds with your nakama are strong. It can't be helped."

Anyway, really looking forward to more zany relationship antics and good Jiji faces.

Yeah, her not saying anything and just going away reminiscing is fantastic. She doesn’t feel a bond or respect, she just doesn’t want to be responsible for what she herself became and that’s not something you talk about.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This chapter was delightful, they’d better not get Reiko trouble now!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Lol, why wouldn’t saint germain be there. :colbert:

The gang hanging out like this is the absolute best.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
How about we take care of him instead? :ohdear:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Granny will join them so Turbo Granny can bond with her.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It seems weird for it to be the friend? Why would she carry such a grudge? Also poo poo building mecha. We’re going to need glasses dude again.

Edit: the ghost is grandma. Grandma feels bad that prez needed to stay at home for her.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 16, 2023

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jerkface posted:

gently caress yea

The loudest silence

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

There are so many good things to say about this chapter and its emotional catharsis, but instead of doing that I wanna focus on those two panels where Okarun just jump kicks some of the little guys.

They're so goddamn good. :allears:

What’s carrying the cart?! Inertia.

Simple yet elegant.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sagabal posted:

Maybe the announcement in December won't just be pachinko + LINE stickers

Break week next week

This just reminds me of that amazing spread where he wakes up and eats curry.

Also lol at a guardian spirit that acts like your mom.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
lol at sudden 9to5 Serpo

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Japanese police appears to have very strange customs.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Oh is this going to be like that one Yugioh arc?

We can only hope it is.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

dprk -i juche.deb posted:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here yet, but interesting potential reference: people are pointing out in the Japanese comments for this chapter that Zuma’s name (Zuma Unji) is remarkably similar to Jumanji

That’s so close it hard to imagine it a coincidence. Better be on the look out for other potential references.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Alacron posted:

With all this buildup Zuma is either going to be the coolest guy ever or a total fuckin dweeb.

It’s going to be both.

Alright Okarun, in you go. Let’s get this thing otw.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Hahaha, :getin:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Mr Jumanji had better stick around.

I wonder why he still has powers, either the ball or maybe because it’s transformation based.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Zuma is hot and a gentleman. Sorry Okarun, you have no chance against him.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I don’t know. It never felt anti climactic to me. Main reason being they beat the boss (barely) in an all out brawl that was filled with cool moments. but the enemy had spares we knew that. It was always going to be some deus ex machina, but tying that back to Reiko who was hanging around like a gigantic sword of Damocles above momo this entire arc, shows up at the worst time as expected but then responds to love and adds 2 amazing spreads to solve it via her pre established power set just sells it as epic to me.

Honestly, it’s perfect.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So, were the frogs previously human? Maybe they ate too many of those candy frogs.

I love these two muscleheads.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Okarun still has one of his testicles so at least for a bit he'll be carrying them.

I can’t believe I live in a world where you can say this with a straight face.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

panko posted:

the turtles used to ride around in an intergalactic transdimensional giant floating cow head and used it to have crossover adventures with archie

:confused:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

A win for Netflix. Can’t wait to see some of the insanity animated

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This manga is so stupid. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Every time you think it can’t get crazier something stupid happens.
The cop and the convenience clerk sounds like an 80s movie. The cop had better make it out of this alive.