Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just picked this up a day ago and am about halfway through it

Jesus christ, I should have realized based on the series' setup where it was going when the alien had milk for blood, but I didn't and when it got to the classic style cow abduction page I just sat there going OH MY GOD, OF COURSE

this series is incredible, I'm so glad I started reading it. Bit of a rough first chapter for recommendations but man its so rock solid past there, the action, the characters, the horror, the comedy, it's all top notch. And the three MCs so far are the best sort of dipshits. and when they rescued the boxer alien, I was just like "I WAS LITERALLY THINKING MAN I WISH THAT GUY WOULD SURVIVE" during their fight, and lo and behold!!!

Great silly series, can't wait for the inevitable anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo

JENNIFER!

LOPEZ!

ANACONDA!

I posted some stuff in the Manga panels thread but like, sometimes ENTIRE CHAPTERS of this series are postworthy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
BRILLIANT, the kitos being molemen, it makes perfect sense, but still surprised me even though I immediately was like "hey they look kinda like the alien disguises"! Hell yeah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ok, the one thing I managed to fully predict was the evil eye being childish and his idea of "playing" is beating everyone to death, so they would figure out a loophole with it

All caught up, what a ride. Fantastic in all aspects, comedy, horror, action, artwork, likeable characters, tons of great twists, what a fun, entertaining series so far.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, gently caress offfffff

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Took me until the last page to realize he's just minecraft steve

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThingOne posted:

I'm just worried about him becoming this manga's "funny sexpest" character. Dandadan's been good at avoiding that sort of thing so far but I don't trust shonen manga.
it's already kind of hard to recommend this series because of the very first chapter, so it's already shot itself in the foot in terms of collar-tugging aspects of the series. plus despite being terrible he was still moderately funny this chapter, so I'm sure he could be stupid and entertaining like the rest of the crew.

still my least liked character of any potential main cast characters in the series, but still.

mannnnn, why's the first chapter gotta be like that when the rest of the series pretty much entirely avoids that sort of poo poo?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Regardless of if it was editorial pressure to put "fanservice" in to attract the worst sorts of people or not, it matters little. The first chapter has an alien abduction and graphic attempted rape by said aliens, and it just sucks that is right there up front but disappeared entirely past the first chapter. It's a black mark on an otherwise fantastic, creative series that makes it much harder to suggest to people.

I do agree I hope the guy isn't just the mineta of this series though, and he either rarely appears or drops his dumb shtick quickly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ibblebibble posted:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013727

I was not ready for the combination Gundam/Nu Gundam/Zaku/Zeong?/Giant Buddha
I knew where it was going as soon as Okarun couldn't get it to manifest but hell yeah this rules

can't wait for the anime version

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Anime Directly to Readers Worldwide › Dandadan - Hyped to see where the next testicle leads us

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
:pray: please fix the first chapter's episode so it's not skeevy as hell and an immediate turnoff for a lot of people that's all I ask, go hog wild with whatever else you want

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

momo's powers now extending to her word bubbles is a good gag

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's Dandadan themed because you have to fight the hotel to leave.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
guessing everyone here knew what was going on from the start, but the only question was whether she would fall for it or not. I like that she didn't and the spirit is super pissed now.

The series is hilarious but also genuinely horrifying a lot of the time, and this is one of them, that loving face is creepy as hell

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DANDADAN THREAD: THAT'LL DO!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kidcoelacanth posted:

we can't stop yet the crew still needs a shipwright

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
god this series is so loving stupid and good and stupidly good

this entire chapter would fit in the "post panels you like" thread, just an incredible chapter. I want to see this get an anime asap

is the dimensional alien based on anything in particular?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the Serpo are certainly horrifying, creepy little bastards who you absolutely can't turn your back on at any point, but I mostly like their presentation besides chapter 1. and I hope this chapter results in adventures in love for our idiot serpo alien "friend".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RuBisCO posted:

Reposting here case wow:

so we've got a star destroyer, Battlestar Galactica(with wings), what looks to be a medical ship from Star Wars, possibly a tron recognizer, what other reference ships are there? They look very modified from their "original" designs, but some definitely seem like references to sci fi series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is the best loving series

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
or throw a uhaul truck at an alien

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
awwww, the idiot chuuni gets to be a hero. maybe.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jesus christ

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's gonna end with the full enemy force appearing but getting cut in half/annihilated by them destroying the portal thingy right as they come through

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and so now we have an explanation for her wanting to marry takakura :v:

god drat this is a great series

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DANDADAN: Why is this testicle joke comic making me cry

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

weekly publication btw
was gonna say, either they have the best, biggest team on their side, or they're working themselves into the grave by like next week

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I forget, I feel like he had an attack that was just "Cavitation Bubble" or "Cavitation Wave/Punch/Strike/whatever" already, right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Electric Phantasm posted:

Evil Eye and Okarun are going to fight and the rest of the aliens will be defeated by nothing but collateral damage.
well aren't you just the most prescient little thing!

in an arc full of amazing shots, this one is one of my favorites

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's really no way to do the "two vertical lines on the face that intersect the eyes" design wrong

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
please rename the thread "DANDADAN: HOW THE gently caress IS THIS A WEEKLY SERIES"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I cannot believe how good every single chapter looks, this has to be the best-looking manga currently running, and especially weekly manga

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't imagine it living up to the manga without madhouse a-team level working on it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I saw the bike and I was like YEAAAAAHHHHHHH

then I was like "OH IT'S GONNA DO THE AKIRA SLIDE" AND THEN IT DID AND I WAS LIKE YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THEN IT WAS KINTA AND I WAS LIKE YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
1: there is dandadan merch they just put out, and I like this hoodie. not $90 like, but I like it. some of the other stuff is pretty good too, kinda wish they had the CRAAAB!!! panel on a shirt

2: I will never not find it hilarious that  W I T H O U T   F A I L  when you go to select a size the 2X 3X and possibly larger are the only ones sold out, and they are ALWAYS sold out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmao just noticed this on the back of the turbo granny beanie

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nemo2342 posted:

He rocked up and was a complete jerk to everyone, then decides to showboat.

Yeah the robot is cool but I still find his character unpleasant. He’s no Minato but I would be happier if I didn’t have him making GBS threads up the cool vibes of the rest of the cast.
shut up nerd, he did the cool things and rescued everyone and it was only momentarily played for laughs, but he absolutely did the "character who sucks but when the chips are down he's reliable" thing, and I'm here for it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Edit: sorry, my bad.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shinji2015 posted:

Okay...

Kinta, ya got me until you open your loser rear end in a top hat mouth and I hate you again
H E   B E L I E V E S   I N   H I S   O W N   T R U T H .