Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

kinta owns because he’s a funny and fleshed-out take on the middle school syndrome archetype. chapter 99 is a defining chapter for him and beside the broad “overaccessorize to invite speculation on your mysterious activities” and the “talk up your hidden prowess then suck rear end” jokes I really liked this sequence of panels because it trenchantly demonstrates his personality (he got 32/100 on the same test)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the still life of the konbini drinks + mini gundams warms my heart

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

almost too many to count.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

stepping out of rodin’s gates of hell in ueno park is an extremely stylish and badass way to arrive

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the kamikoshi city supernatural study society:

(lol that the kid in the middle grew up to be letterkenny glen)

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I’d love some annotations for this series, I didn’t know that kinjiro ninomiya statues were a relatively common sight at japanese schools

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

vamola’s backstory :negative:
rin’s backstory :negative:

looking forward to being utterly crushed by kinta’s backstory

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

turbogranny infiltration montage was such a joy to look at, normally static images aren’t capable of expressing movement but somehow tatsu pulled it off

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

in case you’ve never had the privilege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdQyTJkeG1w

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

if okarun wants this back he’s going to have to play the game…

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

suddenly somewhere kinta is hit with an intense feeling of jealousy and he has no idea why

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I was starting to side-eye the momo angles we were getting in this arc, that they were addressed in the text with the purpose of establishing unji as a chivalrous idiot is dandadan staying winning

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

bakerbot’s soul ascending to epicurean ame

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

she wears the pants in their dynamic.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

in this house we love card game arcs

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

welcome to the town of ice.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the turtles used to ride around in an intergalactic transdimensional giant floating cow head and used it to have crossover adventures with archie

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

its quite different thematically from any other nihei but is unmistakably him, it’s got the adventuring into the unknowable vibe that blame does and excellent monster designs. feels inflected by old-school crpgs, jrpgs, and the recent popularity of dungeon meshi and frieren. it is very good

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

MUSOU TIME

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

that that middle-aged man got caught in the game for most of his life… skill issue

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

we can have a little fujimoto-sensei as a garnish

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

this is one of the best manga being released possibly ever

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

that chapter explains both cop and zuma’s personalities well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm unclear where the cop comes in here, i assume next chapter unless i'm missing something

just extrapolating from the second and third tragedies of this chapter, fishing out the body of a drowned little kid in precarious family circumstances and/or dealing with the aftermath of a mother’s murder/suicide and not being able to follow through with support for the child survivor would be a heart-hardening case for a newbie cop