Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
The art is great, the action is drawn really dynamically, and there's some cool creative paneling a la Chainsawman but that's where the similarity ends. It feels really shallow but there's only 7 chapters out. The first chapter was also pretty gross which kills most of my enthusiasm for this. I'll probably check back in to see where the story goes when more is released but talk about bad first impressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Jiji is freakin JACKED

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
that's the most direct application of squats I've seen in a fight yet

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
The silent ritual montage into the creepy mask reveal abruptly cutting to the cheery party was awesome and very cinematic.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
so many good faces this chapter

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
It's a classic (and gross) trope of the sci-fi alien genre, just look at the original Alien 1979 movie. Many real-world accounts of alien abductions also have stuff like this, perhaps influenced by pop culture. It's not out of nowhere for him to include it but yeah it's really off putting and I almost dropped the series when it first came out because of it.

I'm glad I stuck around though since it was (hopefully) just a one-off thing.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
They're going to trash the house again. Grandmas gonna flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

It's Evangelion Mechagodzilla!