Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Patware posted:

nah omega's cool

Yeah Omega is fine. It's worse than Ashura, but still entertaining enough that most people who enjoyed Ashura will probably enjoy it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jiji needs to be allowed a romance. Things are starting to get out of hand, now that Okarun has 3 girls interested him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of distinctive faces, it amuses me that Okarun and the Show-ha Shoten protagonist look nearly identical and generally have similar personality types. I think they just have slightly different hair.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Too many girls, but I'll tolerate it as long as it stays in the background (other than the main thing with Ayase obviously).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Scallop Eyes posted:

I can't believe Okarun is loving dead

Yeah, I'm wondering what's up with him (I guess it's him?) having his face covered with a ton of blood seemingly originating from under the sheet. Though Momo also has (among other wounds) some sort of big puncture wound in her shoulder, so I don't think they're taking a realistic view of injuries (I guess you can handwave some stuff with the curse-using characters, though Momo is a regular human physically).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Elfface posted:

I'm predicting the costume is the spy, Vamola is just an ordinary teen who found it, thought she was a superhero now, and suddenly got teleported to Japan where she doesn't speak the language.

I think the main issue with this is that Vamola decided to marry Okarun because he defeated her

Unless it's doing one of those goofy anime things where they make up a fake tiny European nation with weird customs.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's kind of wild how he's actually all hosed up instead of just being "generic anime injured."

Seems kind of unsanitary to just leave his bloody rags on the ground like that, though. Also goofy that he's wearing some sort of collared shirt.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What's the original Japanese for Momo's letter?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I mean, in this case I'm pretty sure by "small government" it means "weak military" - I don't think it's intended in the same way libertarians in the US talk about small government. If anything, the implication might be a relatively right-wing one, given the political topic of developing an actual military in Japan (I usually deliberately avoid looking into this stuff with manga because you usually won't like what you find out).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MachuPikacchu posted:

One thing I've noticed in recent (non Vamola-exclusive chapters) is that we're not seeing a lot of Okarun. At the end of the most recent chapter, on the page where we see everyone's reaction to Vamola's story, his face is turned away, even as he's in the center. Like at this point he's Goku running along Snake Way and I'm expecting him to do something absolutely ludicrous with the whole "the key is in the spirals" thing he got from the Grannies.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but Okarun's dead. I know it's sad, but it's time to move on.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tarezax posted:

That's not a mushroom tho. Looks more like a developing thundercloud.

Yeah, I briefly thought of it being a kinda weird-looking mushroom cloud, but that wouldn't make any sense. She recalled firebombing as her trauma, which would have occurred before the atomic bombs. Plus it just wouldn't make sense in the context of her happily remembering spending time with her boyfriend/husband.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are they literally saying "Yumbo" or is that a translation of some sort?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm not sure what to make of (cat) Granny. She seems to enjoy hanging out with the group now, so I'm not sure if she'd still go evil if given the chance. Momo's Granny also doesn't seem to be worried about her.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SlowBloke posted:

I fear that, if we ever get to the anime depicting these scenes, we will get let down by whatever music they pick. I'm feeling rad speed or thrash metal when i see the spreads but we will likely be getting jpop or weak gackt grade rock in an animated series.

My mental image of scenes like this (where a character is singing without any actual song) is always kind of muddled. It's the sort of thing where you have to do the mental equivalent of squinting for it to make sense. Like I have this vague concept of someone going "wahh!!" in my head but any attempt to make things clearer mentally runs into a wall.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This image gives me a headache. It's triggering some bug in the motors of my eyes that makes them confused about what to focus on it.

edit: I literally can't focus on the center part, my eyes keeps involuntarily crossing and losing focus. This is a dangerous image that should be banned by the government, IMO

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

Nope. Jpg. Says so right in the address.

That's a common trick. The gif is stored within the jpg and then decrypted by the browser.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the way Okarun acts when he's turbo-granny-fied.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I trust Serpo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I support Serpo's insistence on getting Momo to tell him the job's wage. Serpo refuses to work for less than he deserves.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Supremezero posted:

Only if it's original Jumanji and not the lame modern one.

It's neither of these. It's the real life Jumanji

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

As a Kermit expert, I can confirm that this is not Kermit. Just wanted to clear this up so people don't spend a long time arguing about it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

I'm pretty sure that it would work for anyone's ball.

I don't think it would work for mine...:(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

At first I thought the guy running at the front was Okarun and he got a major glow-up

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Poor Zuma is gonna feel really guilty about this.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It seems like we can pretty comfortably conclude that Turbo Granny is basically good now. She seemed genuinely concerned over Momo's injuries.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

unimportantguy posted:

I'm not so sure about this yet, and I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on what Turbo Granny will ask for given that Okarun promised her "anything" in exchange for her help rescuing Momo.

I trust her. She will simply ask that Okarun live the rest of his life with respect and empathy for others.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how this panel is immediately followed by Zuma escaping (though he gets hit later).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Oh jeez...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RuBisCO posted:

audibly gasped at this chapter god drat

The instant his mom took him to the theme park I was like "oh no..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Something about the way the mom was presented near the end was really disturbing to me. Like how she's sort of completely checked out in a dream-like way at the theme park, juxtaposed with her intense expression running towards the subway car. Subtle things like her hair being a bit unkempt or her seemingly biting her lower lip until it bled as she tries to drag Unji Zuma in front of the subway car.