Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Man, how dare this comic make me cry on the bus what the heck

This is one of the best things I’ve ever read

yeah that last issue hosed me up good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I have never wanted a 10 page end-of-volume art/design spread as much as I want one for this right here:

I love Momo's Alien-Busters shirt+hi-tops, Okarun's coat, Aira's "dress", Jiji's earrings, Shrimp's stance, every goddamn thing about that spread is perfect.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 21, 2023

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Also I don't know if it was intentional with that chapter or not, but Dandadan chapters release on Tuesdays.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Upsetting lack of Mr. Shrimp punching the poo poo out of stuff this chapter, but excellent spiraling by Jiji and Aira.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Everyone in this comic is a "rotten tangerine cat turd poo poo for brains moron" as Aira would say. It's why we love it.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Desumaytah posted:

Jesus, this art is incredible and I love each and every single one of these characters.

I'm even slowly becoming a Kinta fan. I wish Vamola wasn't used as a damsel-in-distress device so much though. Granted, she did get thrown into a world of unimaginable badasses.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
God drat this loving comic never disappoints.

e: also Vamola copiloting was badass

spookykid fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 1, 2023

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

KidDynamite posted:

holy poo poo what a chapter. also poignant chapter timing given the bombing of hiroshima was aug, 6th.

that and the shape of the punch

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
And now there are seven.

Magnificent 7

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Azran posted:

The shape of the cloud when Reiko reminisces about her youth :smithcloud:

I wasn't the only one that noticed that artistic nod (if it is one) then.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Yeah, they deserve a break after the marathon of the last year's arc. 1 year ago today was the issue with Kinta using the house mecha to powerbomb Vamola's suit.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 22, 2023

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is the vamola calling herself a fellow supposed to be a formal/polite thing or using masculine pronouns thing

Probably the difference between ore, boku, and watashi for saying the masculine "I". Someone with the raws could probably translate which one exactly Okarun is using and passed onto Vamola.

E: probably watashi?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

stuker posted:

not even sure this chapter necessarily confirms that, seems more like the combo of class rep's vampire fantasy and running into him on the stairs just finally led to someone asking about it

i may be taking this position because i'll be really disappointed if the rest of the school isn't seeing vamola running around in her suit

Remember, the only reason Aira started to see Okarun and Momo's powers was her picking up the first golden ball, leading to her and the Acro-Silkie arc. It stands to reason that prolonged contact with the balls allow the supernatural awakening.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I immediately thought of this song from Bigtop Burger (It's kinda spoilery I guess? go watch the entire first season here):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zyx-iyc5Mk&t=116s

spookykid fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 1, 2023

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Captain Invictus posted:

I just want to point out that I really like Dandadan's volume cover style. each prominent character in a cover is then behind the next person in the following volume's cover. It's a good effect and gives characters who otherwise probably wouldn't get a cover focus a chance.
https://mangadex.org/title/68112dc1-2b80-4f20-beb8-2f2a8716a430/dandadan?tab=art

The Kinta/Momo cover is solid gold art, same with the transformed Okarun/Jiji cover.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Idol girl spirit turned into something with Phillipe from Achewood's face.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
wait what

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I just love these two, they've made me laugh each of the 3 times I've read this chapter:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
So many great Momo faces this chapter.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Flair posted:

I wonder if it is Saint Germain who cannot enter into the game.

Yeah it's totally him.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Chapter 119 (the Reiko flashing back to WW2/heel-face-turn) actually made me tear-up a little bit, which VERY few pieces of any media have ever done. And the next chapter is immediately Jiji turning into a muppet and teaching Vamola the YUMBO and Turbo-Granny cussing everyone out. This series is too drat good.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 22, 2024

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Well that was a sudden whiplash.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I can't wait for the inevitable Turbo-Granny/St. Germaine clash, they obviously know each other cause TG called him "Hyper Geezer" when she stuck that microchip or whatever it was to her forehead.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
OKARUN GET IN THERE NOW

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
buzz cut pretty boy got himbo game

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
What. The. gently caress.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I know this is like from months ago, but the conversation was "What do you think the Hayashi band sounds like?" and I think I finally have an answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbI79e5iZKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAHig2tFeLw

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Just metal grandads living their best lives.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Scallop Eyes posted:

Doesn't Okarun have one of his balls right now? I thought that would have let him use his powers inside the game

Ever since TurboGranny originally stole them, he's only ever had one of his balls back at once, and I think the total he could transform was two possibly three times a day at the outside (I think he transformed 3 times in a day in the finale of the invasion arc). He transformed at least 2 times in the last day, possibly 3: once when they confronted the delinquents while tracking down Zuma, then once to run to go find Rin and TurboGranny, and then once to run back with Rin pedaling and TG on his back.

I think he's just outta juice with his tank half-full so to speak.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
It's gonna be a Seiko+TurboGranny+Rin-and-Bobblyhead+SuperCop shamefest that just makes fun of Momo. And Jiji+Aira(+Vamola in the BG and Kinta in the distance) acting like muppets (YUMBO!) around Okarun for like a year.

Only then will they get together.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 2, 2024

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress yeah

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
With how most of the "introduce another character" arcs have gone so far, this is about the point in the fight where we get a 2-5 issue arc about Zuma's past and how he got the yokai power. It'll probably be brutal, the Aira/Acro-Silky Jiji/Evil Eye Vamola/Battle-Grannies Rin/Mai arcs were all pretty drat emotional, and even the Kinta/Self-Loathing backstory was pretty good and explained a lot about him even if it wasn't as emotional as the others. I assume it'll somehow involve Count St. Germaine, a Kasa-Obake, and how Zuma got hurt enough to say gently caress the world and take over Delinquent Barter-Town. I don't mean by any of this to say the series has gotten overly predictable or stale, just that that's what feels right for this point in the battle considering how the previous arcs have played out.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 7, 2024

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Twist: Zuma and Naked Helmet Ojisan's pasts are hella intertwined

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

spookykid posted:

Twist: Zuma and Naked Helmet Ojisan's pasts are hella intertwined

I don't fully take this prediction back, but now modify it to say all three of them are somehow related.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I hope Zuma survives and then meets Aira. I feel like they’ll either immediately start dating or hate eachother. Both outcomes will be excellent.

I really hope he survives as well, but I think Jiji proves proves she's not into airheads, despite being a pretty big airhead herself. But that might mean she's just not into flirty goofballs, and Zuma is more of the subdued kind of dumdum.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

stuker posted:

in the middle of a long overdue reread and this was a fun spot (i assumed it was just a straightforward insert of a popular club at the time)

.... whoa.

E: I've always kinda wondered with those guys beating the tar out of Jiji and Okarun while Momo was at the tsuchinoko shrine; why didn't Okarun transform and knock their teeth out of their assholes?

spookykid fucked around with this message at 08:26 on May 17, 2024

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Called the emotional suckerpunch two issues ago, but was not expecting it to be a full-on back-alley emotional beatdown with a tire iron.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

panko posted:

that chapter explains both cop and zuma’s personalities well

I don't think the cop is in that issue at all, the older of the two boys with half-moon eyes is Unji. I assume the cop is an uncle or other relative, considering he calls him by his first name and has similar eyes.

e: I still posit naked-helmet-ojisan is part of this backstory as well, and I'm sticking to that.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
little guy's spirit is his yokai/powers source, just like Mai was Rin's, and he's had the powers even before the gold ball, he just needed the gold ball to use his powers in the diorama

Last panel: