Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Missed this thread, but 'sup fellow Darter! I wish mine was as complete though.. I like the colour as well. If you are going to poke around for rust some more, check the front cowling and where the air goes into the interior (beneath the windshield). There are two plugs in the engine bay that you can remove and clean out. Perhaps spray som rust prevention in the area. One that doesn't smell.

They might have chamged this on later Darts though, buy if possible I'd check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
You and me both. I've never pulled and engine or welded stuff before. Never had anything older than a late 90's car neither. It's good that you didn't go for the '64 since AFAIK there are many year specific parts that are hard to find and expensive as hell (more than some of the stuff already is).

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I'm no expert when it comes to brakes dragging, but I'd say those wheels spin fine. At least I've never had a car where the wheel spins much more than that (even new cars). I'm pretty sure my S10 rear wheels (drums) spun less than that after I swapped brakes and they tested just fine during the inspection.