Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

How hard is that "repair"? It almost looks like it might have been seam sealer globbed on at the factory (or by a body shop ages ago) that's given up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That makes me lean towards seam sealer rather than spray foam, personally.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Toyota sells a kit with two Koito 7" housings, H4 bulbs, and a relay harness, for as cheap as $20 plus shipping depending on the dealer.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Brettbot posted:

$51.99 for the cheapest shipping, though.

Edit: Ordered it for pickup about 20 minutes away for only $16+change. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, that dealer is local-ish to me and I ordered for pickup at the old price of $43 and free shipping a long while back. The drop to $20ish is recent and I suspect they're clearing them out of inventory altogether. For anyone else, definitely worth shopping that part number at local dealers.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Raluek posted:

if you have personal experience with this kit, do you know if it has the standard sealed beam mounting tabs, or if it's something proprietary to whatever toyota this is for, and would need mechanical adapting to work in whatever sealed beam jalopy one might be upgrading?

I have not installed mine yet (going into my TJ) but I haven't seen anyone else complain about needing extra mods. It's officially for FJs and as far as I know those just use standard 7" bulbs.

I'll go check them against the bug-eye LEDs I took out of the TJ and see if there's any difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Raluek posted:

if you have personal experience with this kit, do you know if it has the standard sealed beam mounting tabs, or if it's something proprietary to whatever toyota this is for, and would need mechanical adapting to work in whatever sealed beam jalopy one might be upgrading?

Finally remembered to come back to this - yes, they have the same three tabs. Slightly tighter tolerances than the cheap Amazon LEDs I had on the TJ, so at least when going into the plastic buckets it has to be lined up perfectly to slot in.