Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

George RR Fartin posted:

I had an orange '72 Swinger that was in much worse shape back in highschool, and I loved it despite how often it stranded me or all the mechanical bodges I did to keep it running. I'd get another in a heartbeat, but that piece of poo poo I bought for $600 in 1999 is apparently a several thousand dollar car around here, so I don't know if I'll get another chance.

The wheel wells on these tend to look like yours. Check under the carpet as well to make sure you're not Fred Flinstoneing around, and if you are, the good old fashioned fix was welding an old street sign there. I'm sure there are actual, legitimate fixes as well for people who are not poor highschool students.

My neighbor who's a 21 year old kid recently bought a dart of this generation for 3000 bucks, no motor no trans - It really age checked me as well. A few of my friends had these when we were in high school too, they wanted older cars but these were the affordable "classic". Another friend has one who has turned it in to a Duel tribute car.. its orange.

OP - you have a cool ride! I love the grandma spec too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
the hood thing - there should be some adjustment on the hood itself - I cant recall how those darts work - get some photos of the stuff on the hood like the actual latch -

Power steering pump - a new power steering pump should have a new front seal installed in it, if there's still a leak, a tweaked pulley is probably not the source of it - check the lines maybe? maybe you got a lemon new one? - if you are slick about it you can actually straighten the pulleys out rather easily with a flat surface and some light hammering

I don't really have a lot of info about mopar steering stuff other than having the box rebuilt in my wifes 56 dodge cost us close to 1600 bucks and theres only one shop in the country dumb eno... i mean... that can actually do it.