Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I assume front disc brakes based on your description. New calipers are not a big job at all probably pretty cheap for your Dart. If they're acting even a little stupid I wouldn't hesitate to just replace them. Good opportunity to do a fluid change while you're at it.

For the tailpipe, is it just the section after the muffler? I wouldn't worry too much about "upgrading" to a bigger size on just that section as it won't do anything for you with the rest of the exhaust being smaller. Hell, I'm not even running that section on my Nova, but that's not necessarily a good idea.

I'm excited to watch this thread. I'm not real knowledgeable on Mopars, but I've got some experience with grandma-spec early 70s "compacts."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
"That's what I was afraid of."

Come on, guy. In my Nova, it's literally 2 nuts to drop the column down far enough to get the cluster out. I can't imagine it's much more involved in your Dart.

Anyway, awesome car. I've got a bit of a soft spot for the green commuter-spec classics.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

Toyota sells a kit with two Koito 7" housings, H4 bulbs, and a relay harness, for as cheap as $20 plus shipping depending on the dealer.

I am legitimately stunned at this. Holy poo poo. Wish I would have known about this when I bought that Hella kit for the Nova...

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, that dealer is local-ish to me and I ordered for pickup at the old price of $43 and free shipping a long while back. The drop to $20ish is recent and I suspect they're clearing them out of inventory altogether. For anyone else, definitely worth shopping that part number at local dealers.

I need that run that by the local Toyota shop. May be worth picking up the kit just for the harness and to have the housings on deck just in case.