Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

CommonShore posted:

Remember when he narrowly avoided assault charges after beating up that football guy in a street brawl?

The football guy had just sucker punched a lady for not wanting anything to do with him and then Huerta, outweighed by about 150 pounds wiped the floor with him. Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need. Plus, he had fun fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

He was well known in his time. He holds a victory over Evan Tanner, who was considered a very good fighter back then.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

shadow puppet of a posted:

Excuse me I think you meant “Warrior 1” or am I the only one who fondly remembers his plans for a commune of nameless masculine supportive empowerers?

I... do not remember this, but would like to learn more!

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

shadow puppet of a posted:

It was the beautiful fruit of another night of Ol’ Ev spewing his mind’s contents out on The Underground. He had some bold vision of a new community of accountability whereby you shed your name and were assigned a Warrior number so you’d no longer be burdened by names, only the warriorness of yourself would remain. This would allow your fellow warriors in the community to better address you and support your highly accountable warrior efforts. It was surely to be an online thing if someone other than Evan could be roped into making it for him. Sadly I don’t remember if he envisioned a real world component. Because I would like to have imagined Evan out there in the desert that would eventually kill him, but happy and surrounded by fat mma nerds numbered Warrior 2 through Warrior 35 or so as they sweated through their at the time hard to get Pride logo T-shirt’s. Maybe that is what he set out to look for that fateful day. His numerical warriors.

Amazing! Imagine what could have been, my warrior friend...

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Brut posted:

There was a Ninja Rua along with Shogun Rua? lol.

His brother Murilo. He was pretty good, then he got murdered by Kharitonov and should have retired, but in stead fought a bunch more and got brain damage.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

I think an argument could also be made that he should have gotten the decision against Henderson back at Pride 17.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Stop losing!

Why are you losing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

IIRC he had a really bad bout of staph and was never quite the same after. He was certainly a very highly regarded prospect at the time.