Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krzysztof_Soszynski

This is Krzysztof "Ivan" Sosynski. He started out in pro wrestling, which was my introduction to him as he wrestled on shows promoted locally by Don "Cyrus/Jackyl" Callis, who trained him. They basically sold him as a Goldberg type. To his credit, he seemed legit scary in person.

He bailed on wrestling, and got on TUF. He made it to the semis, and did okay in UFC before getting rocked so hard he doesn't remember the fight, and now does movies (he was in Logan, apparently) and promotes MMA shows. Career record 26-12-1, 5-2 in UFC. Not bad. Also the only period I've watched TUF, I wanted him to do well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I loving love Saku, I wish he'd succeeded more in the US so more folks knew about him. I don't like Dana White at all but I'm glad UFC inducted Saku and acknowledged his contribution to the sport.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think people who do deep dives into stuff like MMA know full well that Saku is legit as they get. But it'd be cool if more of the people who only really follow UFC knew him. As is, I know about him because of his association with wrestling.

But if someone wants to do a writeup on the guy, I sure as poo poo won't object.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

I was just looking at an old wrestling show card today that had Dan Bobish on it, against Vader in Japan. He also had a match with former UFC & sumo guy Yoji Anjo in the same company. And a 3 way match in 2004 for Dream Stage Entertainment's wrestling company Hustle: Bobish vs Mark Coleman vs Giant Silva. And had another match where he tagged with Pride ref & guys getting murdered because he's terrible at his job afficianado Yuji Shimada.

The idea that he's just a guy with a normal rear end job, helping old people to hear, logically it makes sense but seeing him in that white coat is wild. That is not a man built for normal people work.

Riki Choshu tried to start a promotion where Bobish was being built up, promotion failed though.