Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

https://i.imgur.com/W7iha6l.mp4
You've gained Dogzouf

Digital Release: June 1st on PC (Steam/GOG/Epic)/PS4/PS5/XONE/XS
Retail Release: June 30th

15% Preorder Discount to $33.99 on all platforms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtqVLk1vC-I

Necromunda: Hired Gun
Streum On Studio's third game, after their initial masterpiece of jank E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermany and the disappointing Space Hulk: Deathwing, returning to Warhammer 40,000 once again. Though even EYE was essentially bootleg WH40K run through a impenetrable translation from French. If you have any excitement for Necromunda: Hired Gun it is certainly because you hope Streum On can recapture some of the magic of EYE. N:HG is a FPS where you play as a bounty hunter, with a faithful pooch, surviving the Underhive of Necromunda. Right now, before release, we don't know how this game is going to turn out and it could go either way. So fingers crossed that we get something closer to E.Y.E. than Deathwing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6aRPlfjNN0

To quote the official website: "Necromunda: Hired Gun is a linear, fast-paced FPS with a full story campaign to play through. It includes side contracts that you can get from a central hub, and you have plenty of ways to customize your weapons and upgrade your character, but the game isn't a looter shooter." After the slow pace of Deathwing, the developers have decided to focus on mobility. There is a grappling hook, wallrunning, and combat looks far more agile in general. There are various upgrade paths for your character, your dog, and your weapons; though your character isn't fully customizable, you choose from 15 presets.

https://i.imgur.com/U4KMDKX.mp4

Necromunda?

Basically, it's a bad place in the future. Though what in WH40K isn't? This will get you started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYW7-aW9R7c

It maybe WH40K but forget the Space Marines for a moment. Necromunda is a setting at the lawless dregs of an overcrowded society entirely focused on industry. The surface of the world has been rendered nearly uninhabitable, billions live in enormous hive cities where physical and social height are closely linked. At the bottom, in the Underhive, there is no law. It is an urban jungle, with Houses and gangs fighting for territory, itself an endless tangle of industrial machinery.

Technical Details posted:

No planned Linux release.

No additional content planned, though the possibility is open if the game is successful enough.

System Requirements:
Minimum:
CPU: AMD FX 6300 X6 / Intel Core i5-3570K
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: 1 GB VRAM, Radeon HD 7770 / GeForce GTX 560 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 50 GB

Recommended:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / Intel Core i5-8600K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: 6 GB VRAM, Radeon RX 5600 / GeForce GTX 1660
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 50 GB

Console resolution and framerate:
PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X : 4K - 60FPS
Xbox Series S : 1080p (upscaled 4K) - 30FPS
PS4 : 1080p - 30FPS

https://i.imgur.com/ThyrMTh.mp4
Can Streum On reach the heights of E.Y.E. again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Rebel Blob posted:

Can Streum On reach the heights of E.Y.E. again?

Probably not, but it's bound to be better than Space Hulk by default.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
These pre-threads make it way too tempting to waste money on games that turn out to be bad. Stop it, you

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I'd like this to be good :)

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Crossposting this, as the first real look at the game. Though French just does not sound intimidating, yell at me all you like it still sounds cute.

BexGu posted:

So its in French but a video of the first 25 min of Necromunda: Hired Gun just dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96fTmduDSGc

Its looks as mobile as the new Doom with some looting.

Mordja posted:

Probably not, but it's bound to be better than Space Hulk by default.
EYE is the result of a purely amateur effort, I think Streum On is probably too professional now to make another game like it. Especially now that they've been bought up by Focus Home Interactive, and will have a publisher even more closely over their shoulder than they've had for SH: Deathwing and N: Hired Gun.

Play posted:

These pre-threads make it way too tempting to waste money on games that turn out to be bad. Stop it, you
Sorry. :shobon: I've already put down my money so I'm strapped in for the ride good or bad.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
This is a definite wait and see, especially since Deathwing, even the Enhanced edition, was terrible. I sure hope it's a banger especially since it's a Warhammer fps. Plus cyber mastiffs are cool.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I can't tell if the dog is controlled by a fake rat squeeze toy or a real rat.

After Biomutant turned out just okay I'm hoping this break the Warhammer 40K slump of bad games.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

One thing I can say is that it looks loving awesome. Love the graphics and the artistic choices from what we've seen

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

EYE sounds like it would have been an absolute nightmare for me to play with the goofy language, lack of clarity and UX nonsense that we call "jank".

Buuut I'm an obvious sucker for WH40K, given my namesake, so I'm hoping against hope here that the devs can pull this off :pray:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 27, 2021

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope this is good. It has lightning fast movement, wallrunning and nice sounding guns - all the things that I want in a FPS.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I like guns. I'm in. :black101:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I really enjoyed deathwing, I hope this is good :)

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

There was another necromunda house wars game wasn't there? Who made that one? No one I know played it

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

OxMan posted:

There was another necromunda house wars game wasn't there? Who made that one? No one I know played it

Necromunda : Underhive Wars. I'm waiting till it's 75% off or some such. The GW IP spam is pretty hit and miss quality wise.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It kind of reminds me of Wolfenstein: Youngblood a bit as far as the look and play

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yooper posted:

Necromunda : Underhive Wars. I'm waiting till it's 75% off or some such. The GW IP spam is pretty hit and miss quality wise.

I remember a time when GW were notoriously stingy with their licenses.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I can’t wait for this to come out even though I’m already drowining in backlog from May alone.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Play posted:

It kind of reminds me of Wolfenstein: Youngblood a bit as far as the look and play

From what little i've chosen to see, that's the vibe I get and i'm looking forward to that cause I liked it a lot.

Orv
May 4, 2011

OxMan posted:

It was by the Mordheim people, it's a turn based squad tactics game and was fundamentally unplayable at launch due to AI issues. Those have been fixed but it's still just not a very good game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr. Crow posted:

I really enjoyed deathwing, I hope this is good :)

I wanted to like deathwing but as mandalor gaming said, it’s way to close to the table top to make a fun shooter. It’s loving beautiful though.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
No matter how many bad games they dish out i still have love for these devs that made one of the weirdest games ive ever played. Eagerly waiting for reviews before i slam the Purchase button

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cheeseboy58 posted:

No matter how many bad games they dish out i still have love for these devs that made one of the weirdest games ive ever played. Eagerly waiting for reviews before i slam the Purchase button

too late. i loving preordered the the gameplay trailer dropped. its a fast pace doom/titanfall 2 type shooter set in 40k thats apparently not 5 hours long or whatever.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Finally a good cyberpunk game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Finally a good cyberpunk game.

i know your joking(and right) but is 40k cyberpunk?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cyberpunk is usually on earth and involves hacking and stuff. It's definitely cyberpunk-adjacent though. Futuro-Cyberpunk Gothic maybe

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Theres a moment in that trailer where you summon your dog by squeaking a live, furless rat so I have High Hopes

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe this is entirely down to that youtube video being french but I really got the vibe the game was set in the Jenet/Caro/Delicatessen/CityOfLostChildrenverse.That's why I ended up preordering it and will stand by that decision when I come to bitterly regret it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The hope is that this game is set in the deranged consciousness of Streum On, where strapping on heavy armor, a minigun, and more ammo than you can shoot is a decent tutorial build.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I will buy this game IF - AND ONLY IF - meltaguns are in it. c/d?

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Thought for the Day: Blessed is the mind too small for hype.

Some English impressions of the game from a Youtuber/Streamer. I guess FHI gave him an exclusive, so keep in mind he's not likely to bite the hand that feeds him. I know I hate watching this sort of stuff just for a few tidbits of information, so here is a summery:
  • Weapons have the signature WH40K bulky design, takes up serious screen-space
  • Central hub from which you access the campaign and generated bounty missions
  • Lots of factions and a reputation system, thinks it might be overwhelming for some people
  • Looks good, while noticeably not AAA quality, calls it a BB level game
  • Large variety of augmetic skills that can be used creatively together, such as the guy combined wallrunning with a steady-hand augment and a short period of auto headshot targeting
  • Upgrading your dog is not for the squeamish
  • Thought the gunplay was great and very fast-paced, coming from an older guy who loved Quake
  • Missions have checkpoints where you can return to the hub
  • Have a variety of unlocked guns at the hub, from which you chose a primary and secondary to take on missions
  • Guns are modified at the hub and are set once you take them out
  • Guns are either found in missions, obviously presented or in hidden reward chests, or are bought in the hub
  • Guns and modifications in the hub are expensive
  • Though the audio-mixing was off, found some voices inexplicably faint and less environmental audio than you'd expect from an active industrial setting; thought perhaps this is something that could be patched
  • Guns sound fine
  • Though the environments were great, though the textures are blurry in places; understandable from a smaller developer
  • Reward chests are well-hidden, rewarding exploring the game's complex environments with the grappling hook
  • Grappling hook adds to the combat: the guy talks about grappling a large enemy, disengaging the grapple to fly past it, then activating a bullet-time augment to turn and shot the enemy in the back while still in the air
  • Still has some "issues" that the guy is waiting to address in a review
  • Says the augmetics are memorable, compares it to Cyberpunk 2077 where he doesn't remember any of the augmetic skills
  • Enemies have resistances, so certain weapons are ineffective against certain enemies
  • Saw a few instances of graphical studdering and bugs, as well as a few times when the AI was bad: but saving details for a review
  • Chests can be mined, though there is a skill to bypass the mine
  • Enemies are not bullet sponges
  • Bounty missions come in three difficulties, ranked B/A/S, guy only just unlocked S-ranked missions and wasn't able to beat them yet
  • Around 6 different bounty mission types, specifically mentions defense/attack/assassination/item retrieval
  • Armor is pretty basic, just equip a few basic types without customization
  • Developers said the dog is who you are playing with, instead of having co-op
  • Guns have impact
  • Enjoying the game, but hasn't finished with it yet so is reserving his full opinion

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

do you get to create your own guy to play as?

Orv
May 4, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

You pick from a bunch of presets, at least initially. There might be deeper customization but we only saw the preset picks in that French video that got leaked and there were around 13 or 14 options.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

A dev comment in April said there were 15 presets to choose from (and armor choices), but no detailed character creator.

That list of bullet points has definitely increased my hype, with only one thing that gives me slight pause: Enemy resistances, particularly the word "ineffective". Hopefully it just means choose weapons intelligently (i.e. don't bring two melta weapons) and you can swap and deal with everything.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is the dog a good boy? Important question.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Is the dog a good boy? Important question.

It is not a police dog, ergo it is a good dog.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rebel Blob posted:

Thought for the Day: Blessed is the mind too small for hype.

Some English impressions of the game from a Youtuber/Streamer. I guess FHI gave him an exclusive, so keep in mind he's not likely to bite the hand that feeds him. I know I hate watching this sort of stuff just for a few tidbits of information, so here is a summery:
  • Weapons have the signature WH40K bulky design, takes up serious screen-space
  • Central hub from which you access the campaign and generated bounty missions
  • Lots of factions and a reputation system, thinks it might be overwhelming for some people
  • Looks good, while noticeably not AAA quality, calls it a BB level game
  • Large variety of augmetic skills that can be used creatively together, such as the guy combined wallrunning with a steady-hand augment and a short period of auto headshot targeting
  • Upgrading your dog is not for the squeamish
  • Thought the gunplay was great and very fast-paced, coming from an older guy who loved Quake
  • Missions have checkpoints where you can return to the hub
  • Have a variety of unlocked guns at the hub, from which you chose a primary and secondary to take on missions
  • Guns are modified at the hub and are set once you take them out
  • Guns are either found in missions, obviously presented or in hidden reward chests, or are bought in the hub
  • Guns and modifications in the hub are expensive
  • Though the audio-mixing was off, found some voices inexplicably faint and less environmental audio than you'd expect from an active industrial setting; thought perhaps this is something that could be patched
  • Guns sound fine
  • Though the environments were great, though the textures are blurry in places; understandable from a smaller developer
  • Reward chests are well-hidden, rewarding exploring the game's complex environments with the grappling hook
  • Grappling hook adds to the combat: the guy talks about grappling a large enemy, disengaging the grapple to fly past it, then activating a bullet-time augment to turn and shot the enemy in the back while still in the air
  • Still has some "issues" that the guy is waiting to address in a review
  • Says the augmetics are memorable, compares it to Cyberpunk 2077 where he doesn't remember any of the augmetic skills
  • Enemies have resistances, so certain weapons are ineffective against certain enemies
  • Saw a few instances of graphical studdering and bugs, as well as a few times when the AI was bad: but saving details for a review
  • Chests can be mined, though there is a skill to bypass the mine
  • Enemies are not bullet sponges
  • Bounty missions come in three difficulties, ranked B/A/S, guy only just unlocked S-ranked missions and wasn't able to beat them yet
  • Around 6 different bounty mission types, specifically mentions defense/attack/assassination/item retrieval
  • Armor is pretty basic, just equip a few basic types without customization
  • Developers said the dog is who you are playing with, instead of having co-op
  • Guns have impact
  • Enjoying the game, but hasn't finished with it yet so is reserving his full opinion

gently caress yeah. sounds awsome. if its as good as it sounds, i hope it sells well enough for dlc.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Arbetor posted:

That list of bullet points has definitely increased my hype, with only one thing that gives me slight pause: Enemy resistances, particularly the word "ineffective". Hopefully it just means choose weapons intelligently (i.e. don't bring two melta weapons) and you can swap and deal with everything.
That seems to be what the streamer meant, he talked about how an enemy might be strong against laser weapons but would take normal damage from other weapon types. Said it was really obvious when you weren't doing damage, but not a problem to switch weapons to something effective.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Orv posted:

It is not a police dog, ergo it is a good dog.

Most Cyber Mastiffs are used by the Adeptus Arbities, so maybe not this one specifically, but otherwise they are all police dogs.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Rebel Blob posted:

[*]Guns sound fine

[*]Enemies are not bullet sponges

[*]Guns have impact

I'll wait until I get to try it but maybe they learnt their lesson from the Spacehulk weird feeling gunplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
As a doom fan I really appreciate the effort this team are putting into the gunplay, I’m definitely super interested in this game, will wait for reviews though lol