Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Flannelette posted:

I'll wait until I get to try it but maybe they learnt their lesson from the Spacehulk weird feeling gunplay.

That FPS Space Hulk remains one of the biggest god drat disappointments I've experienced. It's a god drat slam dunk, how do you gently caress that up?!

quote:

Streum On Studio

Oh... right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Orv posted:

It is not a police dog, ergo it is a good dog.

All dogs are good because dogs don't get to choose hth

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

dogstile posted:

It's 40k. It is not a good dog and you are not a good person.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The dog didn't choose to be born in a 40k universe either. My point stands :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Monolith. posted:

Most Cyber Mastiffs are used by the Adeptus Arbities, so maybe not this one specifically, but otherwise they are all police dogs.

dogstile posted:

Only one of you can be right. It's power fists at dawn to choose the winner.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That FPS Space Hulk remains one of the biggest god drat disappointments I've experienced. It's a god drat slam dunk, how do you gently caress that up?!
Oh... right.

[shoots 100 bullets in 2 seconds at u] :blastu:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Someone on youtube got a copy early and this game looks like it might actually recapture the magic. The devs took a gander at Doom and said "yes thats what we were doing wrong," crammed in a shitload more mobility and rock music, then stuck it all in the same massive levels that they were known for in EYE. Theres even a guy who throws fireballs at you like an imp lol.

Also they replaced the training range (and, lets be honest, the passive npcs in the EYE hub) with a dedicated combat arena to test out different loadouts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is sounding like it might actually for real, be a legitimately good Warhammer 40K game.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

I said come in! posted:

This is sounding like it might actually for real, be a legitimately good Warhammer 40K game.

Rule #1 : Never Hope

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Al-Saqr posted:

nah, thats rule for 40k in general lore wise. rule #1 for warhammer games is "its hosed".

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Al-Saqr posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its going to be a janky, insane mess that doesnt respect the player, but heres the thing: thats exactly what I want

Orv
May 4, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Its going to be a janky, insane mess that doesnt respect the player, but heres the thing: thats exactly what I want

This is part of what the discussion on Deathwing misses a lot. Deathwing launched with a bunch of bugs but it was polished. It had that gentle sheen to it that indicates they put real effort into making it a serious, honest to god made by professionals game. That's bullshit, I want a Streum On game that makes me continually ask an empty room "What? What the gently caress was that?!"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The guns sound a lot chunkier in the recent footage I've seen, which was my big problem with the earlier clips so I am definitely keeping my on it. It's gonna be jank as hell but as long as the combat feels good this time, I'm down

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

First 40 minutes in English, not bucking any stereotypes the guy playing in this footage literally blames his controller for any bad play. Also I hear that Kal Jerico, who appears near the end, is a reasonably famous WH40K/Necromunda character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEgD_VIGRY

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It wouldn't be pre-release footage tradition if the people who played it were good at the game. Gotta be mediocre to supremely bad!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jimbot posted:

It wouldn't be pre-release footage tradition if the people who played it were good at the game. Gotta be mediocre to supremely bad!

It really is incredible how reliable this is.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

HOLy poo poo Kal Jericho is in the game?!?? That’s awesome!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

who the hell is kal jericho, do i need to watch for tumbling walls here

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

who the hell is kal jericho, do i need to watch for tumbling walls here

Basically a named hero of the necromunda universe who had his own comic book miniseries.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kal+jerico&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Looking at the footage linked above the work done on the environments is phenomenal and the gameplay seems to be like doom and quake, super interesting so far! Still gonna wait for a review but cautiously optimistic

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This won't be on Gamepass right?

Orv
May 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

This won't be on Gamepass right?

Not at launch, anyway. Focus Home has brought a ton of its stuff to Gamepass so likely at some point.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rebel Blob posted:

First 40 minutes in English, not bucking any stereotypes the guy playing in this footage literally blames his controller for any bad play. Also I hear that Kal Jerico, who appears near the end, is a reasonably famous WH40K/Necromunda character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEgD_VIGRY

It looks....not fun at all. Stiff animations, braindead enemy AI, gun sounds aren't doing it for me either.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Bardeh posted:

It looks....not fun at all. Stiff animations, braindead enemy AI, gun sounds aren't doing it for me either.

I think it looks fine, just the person they picked to play it seems to be using their mouth to aim or some poo poo.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bardeh posted:

Hell yeah, the more I hear the more I think the mad lads at Streum On have created a spiritual sequel

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If I take away that's it's 40k it looks like a fairly generic but competent shooter. The fact that it takes place in a hive city means I'm willing to put up with a good amount of jank.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Popete posted:

If I take away that's it's 40k it looks like a fairly generic but competent shooter. The fact that it takes place in a hive city means I'm willing to put up with a good amount of jank.

i from watching the end of the video it looks like you can have conversations and poo poo with people and the rpg and faction rep stuff is pretty deep. so its basicaly gonna be 40k eye but more polished and better translation.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e4bdSWGQ5I

Video by someone who at least tries using the different tools the game gives you, and they make the game look way more fun

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Lord_Mandalore/status/1399137219357515780

i assume its at least ok if he is making a video this fast on it.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Control Volume posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e4bdSWGQ5I

Video by someone who at least tries using the different tools the game gives you, and they make the game look way more fun

The video description going "lol Resident Evil 8 is better" is hilarious because... they're totally different games? With the only linking thread being they're both first person.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
This game is going to look really fun the second a player who actually uses the movement and abilities together gets their hands on it.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Here is the official release timing for tomorrow, on PC they are going with a midnight release at Paris time. Though that doesn't agree with the countdown timer on Steam.

https://twitter.com/PlayHiredGun/status/1398277888894459905

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Oh fudge it came out sooner than I thought. Fuuuck

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

So assuming Steam's store will activate it later than others, is there a consensus on where to purchase from to play ASAP?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rebel Blob posted:

Here is the official release timing for tomorrow, on PC they are going with a midnight release at Paris time. Though that doesn't agree with the countdown timer on Steam.

https://twitter.com/PlayHiredGun/status/1398277888894459905

So pacific time is 3pm today on Steam?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Morter posted:

So assuming Steam's store will activate it later than others, is there a consensus on where to purchase from to play ASAP?

I wonder if that release time is for good old games, the tweet doesn't clarify.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I wonder if that release time is for good old games, the tweet doesn't clarify.

I don't know what time GOG operates on but I'm east coast and it still says "June 1st"

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

The counter on Steam reset, now the release is in 30 minutes for 6PM EST/3PM PST. Nothing more precise for the other storefronts, so wait and see.

Also people who got the game early are finishing it in about 8 hours, by mainlining the campaign and not doing the bounty missions on the side. A real rush on Youtube for who can upload a complete playthrough first.

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 31, 2021

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's live on steam! :siren:

16.66gb download. Looks like a 40gb install.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jimbot posted:

It's live on steam! :siren:

16.66gb download. Looks like a 40gb install.

Downloading right now.