Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

First patch has dropped, though it's fairly minor. Turns out that they left developer functions, like turning off in-game collision or textures, assigned to the numpad keys. That's now been fixed.

Patch Content posted:

You will find below the main fixes that this patch is bringing:

Audio
-Dialogue sound mixing improvements (global VO volume increased)
-Added missing sound FXs in levels

Bug fixes
-Fix a possible blocker during the Takedown tutorial
-Fix of a random bug causing an incorrect offset in aiming alignment
-Fix of Numpad keys triggering unexpected behaviours ingame
-Invert camera setting doesn't apply on the wheel selection anymore
-Fix of a bug when opening a menu while Strengh Booster is still active
-Various fixes

Gamepad
-Rework of the Aim Assist when the player switch to iron sight

Also Streum On is taking a bit of community feedback on takedowns:
https://twitter.com/StreumOnStudio/status/1400835486797664262

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I finished that first train side mission last night, what an incredible setting. Took me a lot longer than I wanted, searching for chests REALLY slows things down which kinda makes the gameplay worse. Feel like they kinda should've not hidden the chests so well to keep the pace high. Also never died to an enemy but the train itself killed me three times lol

And no cooldown timer for my money

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I've gotten to the point where no more new guns are dropping, and I have to say I would've liked a little more variety. It's not like the guns that are there are bad, but a lot of them seem weirdly redundant. What is the point of having several varieties of stub/autoguns, especially when the bolter exists? Same for heavy stubbers/bolter. Why do I have two slots for pistols (in addition to the lovely default revolver) when most pistols are just shittier copies of existing basic guns?

That said, at least the bolter, plasma rifle, and grav gun are fun enough to carry the game for me. It just would be nice to have an incentive to pick up other guns from time to time.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Autopistols are on par with autorifles and I treat the two like an extended magazine. Stub gun also kills ambots faster than any other weapon Ive geared for the purpose.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
The game 100% needs damage floaters. It's incredibly hard to tell if you're doing no damage because of the enemy armour, no damage because they resist your elemental effect, or you are dealing damage there's just no reaction/it's obscured by the effects. Like, I'm sure plasma weapons must be good against armoured foes like Ambots but high-ROF, medium-damage weapons like the boltgun seem more effective. TBH, I'm not even sure what 'resisting' a damage type does- halves the damage? Negates it entirely?
My Epiphany with finned rounds seemed to go from one-shotting everything to taking 4-5 rounds in about 2 levels and I have no idea why. Could be that it just doesn't scale and I need to ditch it for a plasma/bolt pistol, but...

Also lol genestealers are absolute wet paper towels in this. Escher's Kiss autopistol mows them down like dogs whilst the genestealer cultists they hang around with take a huge number of bolt rounds to kill.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Perestroika posted:

I've gotten to the point where no more new guns are dropping, and I have to say I would've liked a little more variety. It's not like the guns that are there are bad, but a lot of them seem weirdly redundant. What is the point of having several varieties of stub/autoguns, especially when the bolter exists? Same for heavy stubbers/bolter. Why do I have two slots for pistols (in addition to the lovely default revolver) when most pistols are just shittier copies of existing basic guns?

That said, at least the bolter, plasma rifle, and grav gun are fun enough to carry the game for me. It just would be nice to have an incentive to pick up other guns from time to time.

I would have loved for them to turn the Vpanther autogun into a full-auto lasrifle. There really should be a classic lasrifle in additon to the long-las. The Striker and the Vpanther aren't distinct enough to warrant both being autoguns. There's also no melta or flamer from what I've seen, that's a strange omission, especially since there's armored targets around. The plasma could also do with massively reduced rate of fire and an equal bump in damage per "bullet" and a bump in armor pen (and honestly, should have an overheat mechanic). For some reason their plasma rifle behaves like a Tau pulse rifle, not like an imperial plasma.

And yeah I'd love for them to get rid of the unremoveable pistol, and cut pistol slots down to 2 and increase long weapon slots by 1 instead. There's more variety in long guns but you have less slots for them, that's odd.

If they do DLC it'll probably just be minimum effort enemy and map DLC, but my dream DLC would be another playable class. Different gameplay style, new upgrade lines, (mostly) new active abilities. Something tanky and less mobile. Power Armor user to the super fragile glass cannon of the standard Bounty Hunter.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 4, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

yeah the lack of lasguns/laspistols is genuinely unfortunate, since they should be relatively common

you’re also extremely cybered up, so some of the more esoteric (and recently added) Mechanicus weapons would have been fun additions

I get why you’ve got the mandatory revolver for animation purposes, but it *would* be nice if we could at least swap it out for a higher tier version

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

LGD posted:

I get why you’ve got the mandatory revolver for animation purposes, but it *would* be nice if we could at least swap it out for a higher tier version

....or at the very least, make it unique in some way so it makes sense that you can gather other identical models at the moment.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I mean the kill animations already pull out throwing knives from nowhere, so I don't think there'd be any problem with the cutscene gun just being cutscene gun and not taking an inventory slot.

Didn't even think of the AdMech guns cause they're so new. Tesla Rifles, Rad-Carbines would be cool. Hell, we've got 30k weapons being reintroduced, so where's the Volkite guns! And the BFG-tier conversion beamers?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Yeah, I'm really hoping this game gets some more gun variety as DLC or something. The game needs more content in general, some new enemy factions would be nice too.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
One of the player skins is a Jian Shang Di from EYE. Of course i picked it.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I hope it sold well, it's hard to tell since no one is talking about it though. I want to see the concept developed further :ohdear:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Just finished the main campaign, and while I liked it overall I'm a little disappointed with the loot system and enemy variety especially once you get to genestealers. Gameplay is fun but there's no real incentive to max out factions or anything. Hope the studio gets to continue development on the game!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I finally started using the gravgun and dear lord. I should probably drop the modifier that gives it extra splash damage tho, but my heart loves that overkill.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Does anything happen if you max out the faction meter from side quests?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You get a chests-worth of loot. Theres probably also an achievement involved but gently caress that

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Just got done with the campaign. They sure did backload the entire story into the last cutscene of the last mission, and even then it felt pretty incomplete. I guess it probably tied in to some established 40k lore some way?

Good thing this is not a game you'd play for the story. :v:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
How is it that I get through outriders without crashing but this I cant do a single mission. Goddamn

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rebel Blob posted:

First patch has dropped, though it's fairly minor. Turns out that they left developer functions, like turning off in-game collision or textures, assigned to the numpad keys. That's now been fixed.
Also Streum On is taking a bit of community feedback on takedowns:
https://twitter.com/StreumOnStudio/status/1400835486797664262

Why does a single player game need a balance change? Take downs need to just be badass and feel really good to perform. As it is right now, they feel like a janky mess.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

What? I mean, I agree that the takedowns should feel less janky, but a massive percentage of single-player games depend on a balanced difficulty/game-flow to be enjoyable and satisfying.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the main problem with takedowns right now is the animations are janky and disorientating, not that theyre balanced badly

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Once you have the Shock upgrade for refractor shields/ogryn/ambots the ability to just chain your way through killing dudes while being totally immune to damage with just the press of the button if you're within a certain range? Kinda busted imo, I understand why they're considering changing it.

Been playing through the story and almost at the end, the game is really just dumb fun. I was leery of Plasma guns at first but wanted to love them so gave them a spin and... they actually own, so long as you don't put any modulator on it whatsover. For whatever reason slapping a modulator on one turns it from a killing machine to a wet paper towel. Bolt Pistol also owns too, seems like jacking up Penetration in general is just a great way to kill everything fast.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
If Plasma guns dont have a chance to randomly explode in your face, Im calling bullshit.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I just this moment realized that Jericho sounds very slightly like Matt Berry.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Beat it earlier today, game was very fun. There's some jank, but honestly the most annoying thing I had the entire playthrough was on the last level where I had to die before an enemy was actually visible. The game doesn't really punish death so it wasn't a big deal.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Skyl3lazer posted:

Beat it earlier today, game was very fun. There's some jank, but honestly the most annoying thing I had the entire playthrough was on the last level where I had to die before an enemy was actually visible. The game doesn't really punish death so it wasn't a big deal.

What happens when you die? I assumed you start the entire level over again if you've used up your stimms right?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Play posted:

What happens when you die? I assumed you start the entire level over again if you've used up your stimms right?

You can either restart or go back to town, and when you do the latter you keep all the loot you've collected.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Mordja posted:

You can either restart or go back to town, and when you do the latter you keep all the loot you've collected.

I burned myself on this when getting very close to the end of a side-mission and then just continually restarting

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So are biotics basically full limb prosthetics in 40k or are do they augment the fleshy bits? I'm just trying to figure out the meat to metal ratio of the main character. 75:25?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Can be both, but usually trends towards full replacement per the industrialized gothic horror aspect.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The people who make them consider replacing meat with metal to be a holy rite that brings them closer to the omnissiah.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Impurities of flesh and organics in sacred metal is considered horrerndreous by the Adeptus Mechanicus, and all that can be done to eliminate it from the equation is only just. Whether or not the merc agrees with that dogma is another question, but your ripper doc is probably gonna be into the Cult Mechanicus.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Jimbot posted:

So are biotics basically full limb prosthetics in 40k or are do they augment the fleshy bits? I'm just trying to figure out the meat to metal ratio of the main character. 75:25?

My character had not one but two robot arms before even getting any augments, so probably a lot more metal

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Play posted:

It depends on where you are. On campaign levels I think you just restart since the last save point terminal you reached. You definitely restart just before bosses if you die to them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You already have an extensive set of augmetics before the start of the game. The doc only adds the brain implant and replaces a couple of internal organs.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Yeah you have bionic arms and legs before the game starts, and at least some cranial stuff.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You do chop large sections off your dog during the playthrough.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
You make him so shiny a chrome though, a true cyberdag.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The irony is that he goes back to looking not as super mechanical aside from the head and leg biotics. The body turns back into mostly fur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, I figured you'd have a full on robodog by the end of it