Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

counterpoint: cspam doesn't need more mods and the guy that got demodded was indicative of what starts to happen when a forum is overmoderated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

actually discord power clique drama is everything wrong with cspam

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

lollontee posted:

wait theres seriously a discord?

theres like a dozen lmao

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

discords for like video games or whatever are good though. I don't know how you'd organize anything without it

discord about a hobby/game etc good. discord about posting very very bad

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I dunno the true number of cspam discords but i'd say since there was at least one offsite spawned by CSPAM (and it's like 1000% easier to click the "MAKE DISCORD CHANNEL" button) I'd imagine there's a new one spawned just about any time 2 superstars get in a slap fight

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

listen I just want power struggle dramas to play out in somethingawful plz post your content locally and CREATE JOBS right here in a historically disadvantaged community

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

cspam doesn't need more mods everything is fine crawl back to your discord fiefdoms you loving weirdos

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Yossarian-22 posted:

being a mod here will keep me away from the discord so it'll be good for my mental well being

big discord weirdo energy in this post sorry I cannot endorse :(

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Augus posted:

present your discord’s gamer credentials or be destroyed

it'd be a good criteria for new mods if cspam actually needed any. if you're in some weird subforum meta discord you just shouldn't be allowed to mod lest you feel a need to champion your dumbass pals and defend them from getting roasted for their lovely posting

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Buck Wildman posted:

*turns on blood sprinklers*

those sprinklers would've clotted up if the blade franchise cared about the level of realism the fans demand

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Yossarian-22 posted:

luckily i'm so out of the loop about everything that i basically don't know who the discord people are on here outside of raskolnikov because of his sick avatar

most of my discord activity has been servers that helped me find the right dog and cum coins for making money. as mod i'd be willing to do monthly posts for fundraising. i promise if i ever become a shitcoin billionaire that the causes will get the forums investigated by the deep state

why does cspam need another mod and why is your pursuit of modship anything more than an opportunistic ploy to fill a (perceived) power vacuum?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Tiler Kiwi posted:

its a position with explicitly zero responsibilities so its mostly there to make you feel increasingly impotent for not just probating the entire forum every friday evening

finally, mod transparency

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

for the record, I think tiler kiwi is doing a good job on the thread about that troublesome lawyer (even if shagaletic got scared off by button having instead of getting dejected at the eternal font of the correctness of its posters and leaving of their own accord)

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

any good politics forum needs an attempted coup imo

also, modding is easy

you probably need more than two hands to add up the number of attempted cspam coups and possibly just as many to add up all the successful ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Homeless Friend posted:

Think it's just because so many threads are too big, they end of having smaller crossover between them so they want one random dude who is familiar for a thread.

beat-mods good, threadbans bad