Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I think for once we’ve seen a thorough and full spectrum rejection of racism, which is ridiculously heartening. It’s affected people outside of football too - my never-watched-a-match-in-her-life mum watched the knockouts with my other mum and my kid sister and have all been vocal about how proud they are to share an island with guys like Saka, Sancho and Rashford.

I hate that I see ‘love always wins’ and think ‘hmm, does it?’, but it’s a good message anyway. Maybe just too jaded though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It is absolutely unsurprising that there are a great many decent not racist people in the world or the UK, to believe otherwise is just insane nihilism.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It is absolutely unsurprising that there are a great many decent not racist people in the world or the UK, to believe otherwise is just insane nihilism.

Agree 100%

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Is she shoving a remote up her snatch?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

The Perfect Element posted:

Wut

That's a bit of a weird post mate.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 15, 2021

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Frozen twix

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

CyberPingu posted:

Wut

That's a bit of a weird post mate.

they're talking about the grealish picture lol, otherwise yes, would be very weird

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

lolling at someone hitting "last post" and finding this

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

they're talking about the grealish picture lol, otherwise yes, would be very weird

Oh lol I thought they were talking about Jakabite's Mam

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I actually was totally talking about op's mum

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
The woman in the picture with Grealish is my mam so it’s all worked out in the end

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Jakabite posted:

The woman in the picture with Grealish is my mam so it’s all worked out in the end

Here I thought we were talking about your other mam. How embaarring.

How many mams you got OP?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Just the two but I share them both with my sister so ultimately I don’t feel like I’m taking more than my fair share of mams

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jakabite posted:

Just the two but I share them both with my sister so ultimately I don’t feel like I’m taking more than my fair share of mams

Neymar?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I wish they'd write Neymar posts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1416145364164386820?s=20
https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1416145906378805248?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U57KFGSJgh8

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

This is some fuckin good poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So the link in the tweet got me around the paywall so hopefully it works for others. A good read on how badly the security got hosed up but primarily not enough stewards or cops and paying stewards minimum wage so they were all happy to receive bribes to let people in lol. Tons of coke being taken too

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1416281297652174850?s=19

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The thing that got me in the queue to get into the game last Sunday on Wembley Way was lads would turn up with their phones out, negative test result on their texts and a screenshot of a ticket to the game (all tickets were via the UEFA app). In front of me a lad got turned away and he just went to the back of the queue tried a different line. Some stewards were checking it was the app and not an image file, others weren’t.

Once you were past the Covid check you were merely a turnstile away from getting onto the concourse. I got in quietly, no one in front of behind me when I scanned my ticket in, but nearby WAS an older gammon type arguing the toss with two stewards about his mates getting in and not him.

I personally didn’t see any of the trouble that has been widely reported. For that reason, had some young lad offered me £20-£50 to double up on the turnstile with me, at the time I would have considered it. I had a pint the night before with a good mate from my club team, and he jibbed Germany. He made it sound like a lark and dead straight forward. In hindsight, hundreds if not thousands jumping the game is not good at all.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
It’s just an utterly embarrassing failure of policing and planning, and it could easily have resulted in genuine tragedy (e.g. if England won and even more people tried to get in). Hard to see the FA or the Met being trusted to host an event of this magnitude again anytime soon.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It’s just an utterly embarrassing failure of policing and planning, and it could easily have resulted in genuine tragedy (e.g. if England won and even more people tried to get in). Hard to see the FA or the Met being trusted to host an event of this magnitude again anytime soon.

Not to worry Wembley's got the 2024 CL final and it will go swimmingly unless there's some political point to prove.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lmao if you actually think UEFA give a flying gently caress. Wembley games make them a loving boatload of money and that's all they care about.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shaw played 3 matches with broken ribs

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

That's not smart.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If you can play 300 minutes of football are your ribs really broken

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Vegetable posted:

If you can play 300 minutes of football are your ribs really broken

modern pain blocking injections are miraculous

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
You don't need to be in pain to have broken ribs but he has broken ribs.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Dunno where to post this but I see it's still coming home, with the GB ladies Olympic team.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
*googles* 109 years of hurt

Never stopped me forgetting that Olympic footy is a thing

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Dunno where to post this but I see it's still coming home, with the GB ladies Olympic team.

N. Ireland and Scotland can have their gold medals on alternating weekends.

Christe Eleison fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 25, 2021

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
This is now the catch all England thread and we'll probably make a new one for the world cup idk. Post about lord Patrick Bamford and his chances of coming off the bench and scoring a hat trick against some made up country tonight (100%). It's coming home

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He's hungary for goals

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963161&pagenumber=5

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It’s never coming home

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

It’s never coming home

Until it comes home it is, by definition, coming home

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

It’s never coming home

Its just taking the scenic route

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Its just taking the scenic route

Around the world in 80 years

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Thought the nations league meant England didn't have to play 8000 pointless qualifiers against Andorra anymore. They don't look up to much apart from their star player Off Side who's managed to stop a few big scoring opportunities so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
England have had 89% possession