Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

happy fathers day Chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Daniel Bryan is Chris Benoits son

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Incessant Excess posted:

quote:

In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I've literally only ever seen Owen Hart described like this.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

we were so close!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Where was Hornswoggle on that night?

:magemage:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

disaster pastor posted:

we were so close!

sullivan strikes again

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I heard it was Snuka

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Coulda been a Hitman...

Maybe even a Shitman...

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

You leave butt the shitman fart out of this!!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

tao of lmao posted:

BtSF has an alibi.

Bret Hart, on the other hand...

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
In a way, I do believe "Chris Benoit" was innocent.

Let me clarify. Chris Benoit the man was guilty of the two murders, all shitposts aside. Had he lived, he should have been tried and convicted of them. But I look at the sheer degradation of his brain, and many studies about how brain damage, ESPECIALLY frontal lobe brain damage, can cause drastic alterations of personality, removal of impulse control, and higher aggression from loving with the amygdala, and in all honesty, I think that a few days before that weekend, something finally just broke apart. The man we knew, who wrestled all those matches, died. All that was left was a chaotic mess of destructive urges that exploded at the very first touch on them, likely something Nancy said or did. Whatever it was was irrelevant: Chris' brain was probably the equivalent of nitroglycerine; ANYTHING would have set it off. He exploded, killed her, and that was the final push that led to his son's death and his own suicide: he probably felt he couldn't live after doing it nor, terrible logic of it aside, that he could leave his son an orphan knowing his father killed his mother. Considering autopsy reports say that Daniel was drugged before he was killed so he never knew what happened, plus, you know, the dogs are in the enclosed pool area, and that's not really the behaviour of a 'pure murderer', who basically kill due to a complete lack of empathy. It's hair splitting, I know, but if he'd lived, I think he'd probably have been tried for second degree murder, and for all we know, might have had a shot at an insanity defense. Maybe. The calling in and saying they had food poisoning is the lone, albeit fairly large hole in this theory. If he broke the way I think he did, would he have that degree of temporary self preservation so he could finish 'what he had to do'?

I also think Eddie's death was the other highest defining factor. I think if life had been kinder and Eddie's body had zigged instead of zagged, if his heart lesions had been less severe or caught earlier or it had kicked in when he was with people who would have gotten him immediate medical aid and he'd survived, Benoit wouldn't have done it. I think he would have called Eddie and Eddie would have talked him out of it, gotten him help. I think, at worst, Benoit might have just committed suicide. But that's life. Full of what ifs and only ifs.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

Let me clarify. Chris Benoit the man was guilty of the two murders, all shitposts aside. Had he lived, he should have been tried and convicted of them. But I look at the sheer degradation of his brain, and many studies about how brain damage, ESPECIALLY frontal lobe brain damage, can cause drastic alterations of personality, removal of impulse control, and higher aggression from loving with the amygdala, and in all honesty, I think that a few days before that weekend, something finally just broke apart. The man we knew, who wrestled all those matches, died. All that was left was a chaotic mess of destructive urges that exploded at the very first touch on them, likely something Nancy said or did. Whatever it was was irrelevant: Chris' brain was probably the equivalent of nitroglycerine; ANYTHING would have set it off. He exploded, killed her, and that was the final push that led to his son's death and his own suicide: he probably felt he couldn't live after doing it nor, terrible logic of it aside, that he could leave his son an orphan knowing his father killed his mother. Considering autopsy reports say that Daniel was drugged before he was killed so he never knew what happened, plus, you know, the dogs are in the enclosed pool area, and that's not really the behaviour of a 'pure murderer', who basically kill due to a complete lack of empathy. It's hair splitting, I know, but if he'd lived, I think he'd probably have been tried for second degree murder, and for all we know, might have had a shot at an insanity defense. Maybe. The calling in and saying they had food poisoning is the lone, albeit fairly large hole in this theory. If he broke the way I think he did, would he have that degree of temporary self preservation so he could finish 'what he had to do'?

I also think Eddie's death was the other highest defining factor. I think if life had been kinder and Eddie's body had zigged instead of zagged, if his heart lesions had been less severe or caught earlier or it had kicked in when he was with people who would have gotten him immediate medical aid and he'd survived, Benoit wouldn't have done it. I think he would have called Eddie and Eddie would have talked him out of it, gotten him help. I think, at worst, Benoit might have just committed suicide. But that's life. Full of what ifs and only ifs.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Cornwind Evil posted:

Please don't blame a latino for a white man's crime.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please do not genuinely wax poetic about Chris Benoits murder here, there are much more appropriate places to do that elsewhere.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Why is "Chris Benoit" in quotes there?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Why would we attribute Chris "The Crippler" Benoit's murderous impulses to CTE and not also his commitment to excellent wrestling matches

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
There was a genuine answer here, but I decided I didn't want to risk irritating the mods, so it's gone like Sabu's intact neck vertebrae.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 28, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cornwind Evil posted:

i agree with you

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tao of lmao posted:

love that guy

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I watched the Chris Benoit Autopsy episode, and it was super weird, and the reenactments seemed extra inappropriate.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

the truth of chris benoit's innocence is tearing this forum apart

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
nancy was hot as gently caress

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chris Benoit was killed by the Deep State to hide their crimes!

OR WAS HE?!?

Maybe...

Maybe Chris Benoit...

is...

Q!!!

(You can't read his shirt because you don't know the code, but it says Chris Benoit is Q. Trust me on this. I'm from the Internet.)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

How do we know it wasnt just a series of accidents?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kevin Sullivan

KevIn suLLivAn

KILLA

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Killa Sullivan has already touched the Bowflex

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Uncle Frank posted:

Killa Sullivan has already touched the Bowflex

It's just cause him and Chris were JO buddies.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

herculon posted:

he was trying to be like stu hart but inadvertently wrestled his entire family to death because they wouldn't tap out

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Innocent until proven guilty. Even the local DA knows theres no evidence to charge him

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
INNOCENT!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

herculon posted:

Mr Been-oit

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Let's go ignite
Sullivan killed Benoit and his wife
Made it look like he took his own life
Framed Benoit
For the law
Dynamite

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bogus Adventure posted:

Chris Benoit was killed by the Deep State to hide their crimes!

OR WAS HE?!?

Maybe...

Maybe Chris Benoit...

is...

Q!!!

(You can't read his shirt because you don't know the code, but it says Chris Benoit is Q. Trust me on this. I'm from the Internet.)
shut up

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
quote the crippler, no(t guilty) more

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

no

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Can we wait until we hear Chris side of the story before we throw around wild accusations?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjkRFF6zabI

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

herculon posted:

The clumsy French waiter from The Simpsons doing lat pulldowns in the basement setting off a chain reaction resulting in Chris Benoit killing his family

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nuff said

nuff said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Cavauro posted:

nuff said

nuff said

drat, and I thought Pastamania was Hogan's greatest crime.