Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Creature posted:

Taskmaster AU series 2 hasn’t even aired yet but they’ve started filming the studio bits for S3. Pretty good lineup!

Anne Edmonds
Jenny Tian
Josh Thomas
Lloyd Langford
Wil Anderson

Ooh, TM first, two of those people are a couple! Anne and Lloyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Don't recognise any names but I do recognise some faces.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Phigs posted:

Cool and thanks, but also that timestamp is not super useful. :P

Gah, sorry. Fixed now!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah this has been my hope. I think another run at a US series is inevitable, and I'm just really hoping they have the leverage now to give Alex a lot of creative control.

Just think, another 10 or 15 years Alex will have grown up before our very eyes and learned enough from Gregg to takeover and find a newer littler Alex Horne.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Greg will only stop being the task master when (if) he dies, and the assistant is required to follow the task master in to the afterlife.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

Greg will only stop being the task master when (if) he dies, and the assistant is required to follow the task master in to the afterlife.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
5 points for "the best thing to bury with Gregg" prize task

Edit: I made a typo but now I'm seeing Gregg Turkington or Neil Hamburger as TM and it honestly works for me.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Next interview is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfi5K8_TQRY

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
John should be great. He has that loser in life vibe of some great TM contestants.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
I like the small things, like Alex feeding the contestants different prompts for some of the questions (although WHEN I WIN is too good to resist).

Thanks again to muscles like these for changing the title in readiness for next week. I've been watching Aus Season 1 as it's being posted on Youtube, and they've had a couple of barbecue-related tasks already. So I finally settled on that as a good reason to break the tie on the competing Julian quotes; it's a UK quote that's Aus in spirit, and we can recognise both upcoming series through that.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That is the best thread title (until the next one, of course). The spirit of Julian resounds through these posts.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

gently caress, lol

I'm in the same boat snowy, wanna try to ride standby?

Snowy posted:

I’m in nyc and just checked but it’s sold out, I’m so sad. No waitlist either 😭

Here's my move for tomorrow:

They each say "Make sure the person in the beret gets a ticket to the show. Fastest time wins. Your time starts now." and I'm going to hit the surrounding intersections a couple hours ahead of the show.

Based on all the shows I've optimistically bought two tickets for as a single person, I believe at least one lonely person will think this clever enough to hook me up. Thought about doing a sign or jumpsuit or dressing up like Alex, but that's less my style. If anyone wants to join, I will be, uh, the person in the beret.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Here's my move for tomorrow:

They each say "Make sure the person in the beret gets a ticket to the show. Fastest time wins. Your time starts now." and I'm going to hit the surrounding intersections a couple hours ahead of the show.

Based on all the shows I've optimistically bought two tickets for as a single person, I believe at least one lonely person will think this clever enough to hook me up. Thought about doing a sign or jumpsuit or dressing up like Alex, but that's less my style. If anyone wants to join, I will be, uh, the person in the beret.

Wow!! Very impressive. If I can get out of work early enough I’ll be there.

right after I make a stop at the beret store!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What colour berry???

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

Melicious posted:

Devastated to be arriving in NYC 12 hours after this :argh:

So in addition to this, Alex and Greg are scheduled to be on Seth Meyers tomorrow. I’ve got tickets to Seth on Wednesday. :cripes:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If anyone wants to join, I will be, uh, the person in the beret.

They’re keeping me at work too late to get there in time, I was afraid this would happen. I brought some nice clothes and everything. Good luck, I can’t wait to hear how it turns out!

My hope now is that they bring a new version of Taskmaster to NYC and I get to see it live.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It worked! About to go in and am ready to destroy this thread with spoilers.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yeeeeahhhhhh!!!

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Nice work! The rest of us will have to settle for Nick Mohamed's interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XL7_C-R78Q

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

All the time I was just wondering why Alex didn't have the second clip board...

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It worked! About to go in and am ready to destroy this thread with spoilers.

:golfclap:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Heavy_D posted:

Nice work! The rest of us will have to settle for Nick Mohamed's interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XL7_C-R78Q

Alex kicking the ball away is the most heinous thing we've seen him do I think, absolute monster and he needs to be tried in the Taskmaster court and punished in the traditional way. Also making a vampire do that in the sun is pretty mean as well.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Yeah a shocking display of cruelty from little Alex Horne.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There were still too many questions left, he had to do it. Although it would have been better if he had someone else throw in balls from time to time behind the contestant's back.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

So they truly don't understand that they're popular in America. They sold nearly two hundred tickets in under half an hour and stuffed that tiny venue to the gills.

It's hard to tell how I think this season stacks up, because anything would have been funny with two hundred superfans laughing at it, but the series has the potential to go up against the greats. Also, episode 1 spoiler: one of the tasks involves an egg.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Apparently they accidentally oversold. But it looks like they’re going to have another crack at the US…

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just recently the popular American streamer Ludwig did his take on Taskmaster with the serial numbers filed off, youtube keeps recommending me videos with millions of views about why Taskmaster is the best comedy show out there, etc. The format is very recognisable even among people who don't follow British comedy. If they don't have another go at a proper US version soon, I would be really surprised.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Another one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB2fLU41Ne0

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
For anyone wondering, Lucy and Sam's Perfect Brains podcast drops its first episode on Friday and the feed has a chat with them and taskmaster teammate Julian Clary.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Our boys doing the talk show circuit. Interesting choice to put this much oomf in the U.S. over the debut of the next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsJTS8KldvE&t=1s

itry
Aug 23, 2019

They're looking to expand, content in their belief that all is right at home.

Maybe we'll see them in Japan next year?

Edit: Really funny interview though

itry fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 27, 2024

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

First episodes watch report on Suurmestari new season: It is definitely improvement over some of the previous ones, but the studio segments still have the feel and banter of a wet mitten.

I don't know if it is the "family programs"-timeslot killing all jokes, or Jaakko being really lazy with the job, it just lacks any spark that was there on the first season.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Our boys doing the talk show circuit. Interesting choice to put this much oomf in the U.S. over the debut of the next season.

Amazing how that last bit Alex slips seeminglessly into his banter section persona.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

oh jay posted:

Amazing how that last bit Alex slips seeminglessly into his banter section persona.
I'd say it's better than that, they managed to stay out of character for about four minutes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Japan should take to Taskmaster like fish to water. Not least because it's pretty much just Gaki no Tsukai.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

If you've been watching the contestant interviews and wondering "why aren't any of them transporting the balls from the trug one at a time?" then you'd probably do about as well as Steve Pemberton...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bl5ba6quQc

He does seem to be the best at turning Alex's prompt into a proper answer though...

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

CatstropheWaitress posted:

There's a rumor that Viacom's distribution rights recently expired, so they're testing the waters for a new TMUS.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I know there's basically no chance of involving any of the fan productions but imagine Parker showing up for the "make this Minnesotan blush" task.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I genuinely hope people from TM MN get to continue with taskmaster in some official capacity, because they deserve it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Heavy_D posted:

If you've been watching the contestant interviews and wondering "why aren't any of them transporting the balls from the trug one at a time?" then you'd probably do about as well as Steve Pemberton...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bl5ba6quQc

He does seem to be the best at turning Alex's prompt into a proper answer though...

I wanted to see someone just sit down with buckets around them while slowly raising each ball to eye level while talking to Alex. Alas.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Japan should take to Taskmaster like fish to water. Not least because it's pretty much just Gaki no Tsukai.

You'd think so, but maybe they're missing some key ingredients Japanese viewers expect to have.