Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love how much Ed cannot let things go, considering his series was done 2019. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I enjoyed Alex's 2 limericks more than I expected.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

I love how much Ed cannot let things go, considering his series was done 2019. :allears:

Ed always struck me as the guy who most genuinely wanted to win TM of anyone who's ever been on the show, but it works because he really leans into it and also gives us great moments like the live task where he got paired up with David Baddiel.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Ed getting poo poo on in the studio for caring too much was a great recurring theme.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lmao they really need to just do a big special of all the unshown tasks.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
On the podcast, the way he complains about the scoring in his season, you kinda forget he won. Like he's recording from the dimensions where Rose won by one point.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Lmao they really need to just do a big special of all the unshown tasks.

As great as it would be, they reuse the unused ones so that would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Good point, make it part of the finale series or aftermath special I suppose. Or is Taskmaster now just like the other panel shows where it's always around.

One time compromise, they make a cut of the discarded tasks just for me and I'll call it even stevens for the shot heard round the world.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
There is apparently one "warmup" task that they do with every contestant in every season, that's been the same task for the whole series and is never intended to air. Alex has said that when the show finally ends he wants to put together a compilation of everybody's attempts at that task.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I want to see the bubble wrap task, because he's mentioned it a few times and I think he's given up on figuring out how to make it broadcastable.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Any news on a new Aus or NZ season?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Season 2 of AU is coming soon!

https://twitter.com/taskmasterau/status/1716597519093047656

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Junkenstein posted:

Any news on a new Aus or NZ season?

Not the news you're looking for, but Aus Season 3 has studio filming dates in a few weeks... Rumours are that S2 might finally see broadcast in April alongside some other new season telly.

NZ tends to come out over the summer so probably a while away still.

Trailer for the new Suurmestari shows promise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-xcsB1sYsI

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

oh jay posted:

Phoenix being the title of that episode is beyond perfect.

*checks series episode titles*

I'm disappointed this isnt easter egg with the episodes that sandwich Phoenix following the game

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
https://x.com/taskmaster/status/1767571703805165872?s=46&t=BfjdaRPeqJ_pGKc2DxZA-g

Did we know a date yet? Also glad to see the YouTube release continuing!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Disappointing Pie posted:

https://x.com/taskmaster/status/1767571703805165872?s=46&t=BfjdaRPeqJ_pGKc2DxZA-g

Did we know a date yet? Also glad to see the YouTube release continuing!

Happy birthday to me!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm glad, I'm sure it isn't but this feels like it's been the biggest gap between a season ending and a new one starting we've had for awhile. Taskmaster cheers me up a fair bit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The excellent New Years Treat softened the blow.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Suppose it's time for a new thread title then. Some initial bids

Taskmaster S17 - Are you a child of divorce?
Taskmaster S17 - Lovely legs, sir!
Taskmaster S17 - I trained at RADA (thirty grand, baby)
Taskmaster S17 - World cinema and negative gearing
Taskmaster S17 - I put that in for you, whoever you are
Taskmaster S17 - There you are, radiating your usual charisma
Taskmaster S17 - Don't make me fart in the darkness listening to my own name!

"It wasn't cunnilingus ... it just felt like I didn't make the most of my time there" is probably too long I fear.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Forks and marbles. Always forks and marbles.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

“I bet you’ve got a barbecue.”

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Quoting oneself is gauche but:

Trabant posted:

I'm very early, but suggesting "How we laughed" as the next thread subtitle.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Cheesecake tits.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

oh jay posted:

Forks and marbles. Always forks and marbles.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

The_Doctor posted:

My vote goes here. So perfectly and strategically cutting.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Radiating your usual charisma.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Heavy_D posted:

Suppose it's time for a new thread title then. Some initial bids

Taskmaster S17 - Are you a child of divorce?
Taskmaster S17 - Lovely legs, sir!
Taskmaster S17 - I trained at RADA (thirty grand, baby)
Taskmaster S17 - World cinema and negative gearing
Taskmaster S17 - I put that in for you, whoever you are
Taskmaster S17 - Don't make me fart in the darkness listening to my own name!

"It wasn't cunnilingus ... it just felt like I didn't make the most of my time there" is probably too long I fear.

you could cut it down; 'it wasn't cunnilingus' or 'i didn't make the most of my time there' would still evoke the line and be funny

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.
"Remember smoking kills... Weaklings!"

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The_Doctor posted:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Trabant posted:

Quoting oneself is gauche but:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Unkempt posted:

Radiating your usual charisma.

Voting for this one too.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

neongrey posted:

you could cut it down; 'it wasn't cunnilingus' or 'i didn't make the most of my time there' would still evoke the line and be funny
I'm not sure of the exact character count but this appears to be shorter than some thread titles out there

Taskmaster S17: It wasn't cunnilingus...I just didn't make the most of my time there

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Heavy_D posted:

has to be a Julian quote for me

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

+1 for BBQ

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Bozza posted:

has to be a Julian quote for me

Agreed. It's gotta be one of the 3 below for me:

How we laughed
There you are, radiating your usual charisma
I bet you’ve got a barbecue

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Phigs posted:

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

“She’s French”

“drat your syntactical vortex!”

“Qrs Tuvwxyz”

“That’s the LGBT community for you!”

“But where did you get the cobalt?”

“Alien… device…”

Goddamn, s16 was so good.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Yeah, I went fishing for quotes and found S16 was incredibly quotable.

Seems the thread is almost unanimous on one point: it ought to be a Julian quote

Phigs posted:

How we laughed
I bet you’ve got a barbecue

I love all three of these, but I think "charisma" has an edge: it conveys his tone even if you've only read the words; the others have to be heard to be appreciated properly.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
n-thing the charisma line

he was so good at utterly destroying alex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My favourite is still 'Good luck with your career, such as it is'.