Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jo Brand is the worst contestant

This statement works for Taskmaster and also every other panel show

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I’ve almost finished Man Down in the last few weeks. I knew Roisin and Greg were friends from other panel shows, but I had never heard of Mike Wozniak until TM. Weird how he is an equally main character in Man Down but it took 10 series to go from her to him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I actually just today watched the camouflage task after listening to the podcast because I had forgotten it. I heavily disagree with giving Noel 5 for that. 3 at best for being funny but not following the spirit of the rules.

They also mention Joe sent a tweet out to get people and Alex says he got x amount of responses in an hour. But the task was 20 minutes :thunk:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

I reckon Jimmy Carr would be good as well, though probably a bit too big for the show, despite being a Channel 4 veteran

I can’t see Jimmy being physical at all. David and Richard would be awkward and uncoordinated but I can see them engaging in it knowing that that’s what people want to see from them.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Tried to watch the first episode of NZ, the Alex is so horrible.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

He gets a lot better.

Does the master get better too? He isn’t actively bad but it’s like he isn’t even there.

I only knew of Guy going into this so I’m not sure how famous Jeremy is in NZ but I keep thinking he should be the “billionaire who has everything so he forces peasants to dance” kind of thing. He certainly looks like it. Greg has the physical presence and big bombastic energy that this guy can’t try to match.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Started my rewatch at series 5 because 1-4 are the censored versions on youtube for some reason. It’s amazing how many tasks I’ve completely forgotten about.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Liza Tarbuck is one of my least favorite contestants ever. I swear she must have blackmail on Greg because he just throws 5s at her for absolute garbage.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Joe Thomas might be my favorite post-series 5 contestant.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Has anyone ever gotten a perfect all 5 episode? Or all 1?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It’s as close to the real TM you can get without just more regular taskmaster episodes being released I guess. Certainly better than the U.S abomination.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

"Let's cut down a 50 minute show to 20 minutes, not be allowed to swear, and hire the complete opposite of Greg Davies as the Taskmaster"

-Comedy Central

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Because TV shows in america generally won’t get green lit unless they turn them into trash.

I’M LOOKING FOR A GIFT FOR MY AUNT

That’s not even counting the insane amount of censorship

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 14, 2021

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Made it to s10 now in my rewatch. I think I like it better with no audience. It feels more personal and real.

Also, the last task of s9, where they had to do 7 different small tasks, I even went back and rewatched it and at no point I could find do they indicate you completely have to start over if you mess one up. But then it’s a whole big thing in the studio where it was a rule??

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does anyone know if Ed Gamble smokes? There’s the quickest 2 second shot of him building something that I swear looks like he has an unlit cigarette in his hand but I can’t really tell. It’s bothering me.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The balloon task twist was pretty cool. Might have been better on a longer more controlled task though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Swap 1st and 2nd place and they are in order of who I liked the most.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They haven’t really had any worldwide big name. Katherine Parkinson might be the most recognizable to the US just from IT Crowd but not really. NZ getting Jermaine would be like UK getting Simon Pegg.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

2 is the best for me.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The podcast has Paul Williams this week.

E: Finished the episode. That mess needed to be punished more :colbert:

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 1, 2021

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I could see Robert Webb doing it though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Not really a fan of the tasks that boil down to “make a short film”. They take up a ton of time and are never really that good or funny. Plus it’s like 50% of the work is done by the show editors and not the person.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I want Morgana to win but I’ll be happy as long as Desiree doesn’t.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I took forward to mean forwards to the end of the course. Why else put it there, I doubt they expected anyone to ride backwards.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I bet they didn’t think they would be as slow as they were, but if she had something like 1 point per Submarine it would have been great.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The optimal strategy would be to just pop one and be done every time right? You would probably lose on the total if you did get eliminated but you would have a higher chance to get the 10.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Morgana not winning that prize task is the biggest scoring mistake of the whole show

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Amazing how quickly the series go. I feel like I spent more time getting to know the contestants in 1-5 even though they were less episodes.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

That has already happened with the prize task. S1 and 2 had some you would actually want to win. Car, wedding ring, blank check, oven.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I watched the US version as it came out. It was just dull. And each episode was 20 minutes long.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

All citizens of New Zealand have either been on or are producing the show. They’ve just ran out of people.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Big Fat Quiz of the Year has had some TM alumni and they are all on youtube.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there an air date for CoC2

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Daniel Tosh has a good taskmaster vibe to him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I always assumed it was David Koechner even though that makes no sense in multiple ways.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Speaking of outfits, I couldn’t focus on literally anything else during the studio shots. There could have been a pink godzilla running around the background and I wouldn’t have noticed.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Talent isn’t the problem. The problem is the overproduced poo poo that 99% of any nonscripted tv show ends up as in the US.

“Previously on Mountain Dew Presents Taskmaster: bleeeeeep bleep, dramatic sound effects, bleep. And that’s all the time we have, tune in next week for another 18 minutes of show”

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

When’s the last time someone really tried to cheat at a task? Full on hiding it I mean, Tim Key and Dave Gorman style.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Who I want to win: Bridget
Who will win: Chris
Who might win: Sophie
Who won’t win: Ardal
Who better not win: Judi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

There was nothing about spinning the top, only the fidget spinner. I thought it was a gotchya but they never mentioned it :mad: