Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
From his podcast, Ron’s talked about how doing Taskmaster he was driving from Essex to the Taskmaster house to film, then drive to places like Cardiff to do gigs, then drive home, on about 3 hours sleep.

Which makes him winning all the tasks all the more impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

not a bot posted:

I watched the NZ one a while ago and the 'Alex' character was really badly thought of because it was a straigt-up carbon copy and it didn't work at all. The taskmaster himself worked because he was clearly being his own person. Luckily four of the five constestants were amazing, while of them (Guy Williams) nearly ruined the show by being an aggressively unfunny prick who tried to bring in the audience for everything. A bit of a rough start but there were lots of great tasks.

Guy Williams was awesome on it?

The World Inferno posted:

Has there ever been a contestant on the show named Ron?

Nobody likes a pedant

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Immediate instinct was Nish because, well, Nish.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Taskmaster NZ killing it

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

thehustler posted:

Has anyone suggested a world taskmaster championship before? Get 5 of the champions from around the world for a one-off special?

I think after this CoC for the UK show, you’ll have two British comedians, potentially the NZ champion and two foreign language imports to bring across from something like the Belgian one? I know they’ve just granted rights for a Portuguese version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

stev posted:

I haven't watched NZ yet but he seems a bit much. Like I can see him getting annoying very quickly if that's what he's always like.

He has a similar energy to Johny Vegas and if that’s not your thing I get it but please watch the suntan lotion task