Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

"One of the finest bits of prehistory" indeed, he's so good. Love it. And Laika was emotional perfection. The tasks this season haven't been as brilliant as normal yet, but hands down this cast is my favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The World Inferno posted:

Jesus christ the ads on Daily Motion are next level. A panel that constantly runs video ads while the main one is playing, bars that come down from the top of the screen, ones that pop up in the middle of it, the whole shebang. It all combines to make it actually impossible to watch there.

Daily Motion works fine for me on android chrome on mobile, no ads at all. Adblock+ don't work for you? Do you still see ads when you go fullscreen?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Why would we need an American one, we already have the UK, Kiwi, bunch of Scandi, whoever else ones already? What's the point of a US version?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Ok then, but I'll stay sceptical. My fear is that US versions of stuff to often devolve into angry points hunting or competition instead of trying to be purposefully stupid + charming. And why would anyone remember if they've seen someone before when they're entertaining me here and now? It's not like I'm going to enjoy a joke more the more famous someone is right?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Khanstant posted:

the conversations shall continue, until the show manifests

You could even start a different thread about it

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Taskmaster: Our Precious American-only Bodily Fluids

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEDwD550vQk

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

There used to be an old maxim about how "in america they make fun of others, in Britain they make fun of themselves" but I don't know how true that is anymore

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Of course there's tons of funny Americans, that's not in doubt, there's just no funny live TV production in the US. It's your producers and network exutives who suck, not your comedians.

Oh, and the U.S. tv-audience who votes republican

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Ed Gamble is a thief

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

They keep getting better

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86UEUpON8eY

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

...this might be the best series. It's certainly the one that's made me laugh out loud the most

True, Alex simply can't deal with the unsullied chaos that flows from Bridget's mind. And Bridget can't deal with Alex trying to order it with his stupid rules and tasks. It's hilarious. Lord, her on the binbag, pots and noise, a true visage!

Most stand ups in the UK have at least met eachother before because of the Fringe (comedy festival). If you get to be on tv, you have already played in Edinburgh. Old comedians have crossed paths more than the youngs but yeah, some of them are actual friends, the badtards

E. Spelling. Give me coffee and give me death, I have a deadline I'm avoiding

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 11:45 on May 13, 2022

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Ardal's aggressive derision of the other contestants is bliss.

It's not really aggressive, is it? More like, witty desperation from Ardal who's convinced he's done bad yet still wants to try to win

I love it

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

Ardal drowning a mannequin in a cement mixer like a scene from a low budget horror film while Alex loses it in the background was an all-time TM moment. Same with Bridget's seemingly genuine inability to understand what a pedometer does.

So very much agreed. I love all of them yet, those two leave me completely defenseless. I can not not-laugh or be dramatically enthralled when they do something

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

eke out posted:

the combination of Ardal's "gently caress it, whatever" attitude in tasks with his rabid competitiveness in the studio is one of the funniest things in Taskmaster

That god drat "best pre-historic" line, indescribable

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Anyone wanna see more Wang? (and jazz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNi9RMId_0I

Sorry, ment this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xzn7w9rguo

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

They can't have Dara O'Briain on because people would get confused on why Greg is doing tasks then also judging himself.

Oh god now you made me imagine 2010 Frankie Boyle on taskmaster and it's very strange. The magical powers of association bear thee unexpected fruits.

Modern day Frankie would probably work alright excepting he'd behave like a depressed cat most of the time

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

And also RHLSTP.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

I fear that Sophie found a way to do precisely this.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

I wouldn't be able to get past my existing Swedish vocabulary that comes entirely from this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGaucDp9Rls

Being swedish this one always puts me out of commission for abt 5min. Ahh, my simple mind and its simple humor. Suomi truly are a sibling nation

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

If Sally Phillips gave me a book about fish I'd think that was swell as well

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The thread has spoken, people want more coc!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

itry posted:

An... interesting clip :confuoot:

Any Finns willing to confirm/deny this?

:sweden: here but yes. It's a thing in Finland and our extended families. The rest of scandinavia call it alcoholism. Remember, you can't be an alcoholic if you're with other people because that is a party.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Heavy_D posted:

Random task idea: the Channel Four series have occasionally taken tasks from the Dave era and reproduced them for a wider audience, with just enough of a tweak to make them fresh for the long term fans. Based on the previous success of the "Taskmaster Movie Trailer" and "Soap Cliffhanger" tasks, I humbly submit
code:
Create the most exciting "Previously on Taskmaster..." recap video.

Most exciting recap video wins.

Probably best as a team task because watching five of them might get a bit repetitive. My initial impulse is probably quite bad, I'd try to reference 24 with lots of shots of Alex's ipad countdown clock. A decidedly uncool and dated approach...

You want them to do video editing of archive material, for 1h, inside the taskmaster house, as a task :what:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Best series, best entertainment, I miss them all and they could make the rest of taskmaster just these 5 meeting up once a year to both compete and stop eachother from winning

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Irisi posted:

I don't want to diagnose someone on the basis of a very silly TV show, but remember the episode where part of the task was "don't take the fishtank out the room" and Bridget read that aloud, in no way registered any of the information, and immediately ran out of the room with the fishtank?

Yeah, I got a message from a relative of mine who is a 38 year old woman recently diagnosed with ADHD, saying "That's what living in my head is like! That's ADHD in women! That's why I once left my child at the Tesco meat counter!"

I mean, that's ADHD in men too. We're not different really, women just aren't allowed to be ADHD-y which makes it all that much harder, and have to cope best they can still. Society rules are hard to play - especially when you can't remember them even as you're reading them!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Gee, I wonder what this tap labelled "the waters of the hate flood" opens. Oh. Oh.

Both French and Saunders
Dylan Moran, who I think is fantastic, would just say gently caress off to everyone and everything
Same but different with Stewart Lee, the best stand up in world history. Then again, since he is Stewart Lee it would be very different and who knows? Spiteful Lee spiting the audience who'd think he'd be bad at Taskmaster is a mood unchallenged
Michael McIntyre
David Walliams
Is Martin Freeman a comedian? He shouldn't be
Stephen Merchant

Ricky Gervais would be fun if it was revealed in studio to be only him in it. As a prank.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 19, 2022

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I need to watch cc2 yet but lord I wish Ed fails most and shits his pants if possible. While he is a funny comedian I like and not a bad person really, he's just so god drat smug about taskmaster somehow and goes hard in the wrong(?) way and i demand to see him crushed humbled

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

On topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d5COBhH4B8

I scared to post about Fern because funny sexy Scottish women are my catnip.

Very nice first ep, hopefully the cast will get more comfortable in the studio. Or more fighty. Gaaah, Scottish women :3:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

"He has very Kumar energy"
- Nish Kumar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6xOXoKYmcY

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Yeah, the "Katherine's soggy dick" task is more specific arguably

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

From Blogatog. Given we already have full sets and decks coming out themed around Universes Beyond it's kind of scary that he's saying most of it isn't out yet. It is what it is ultimately, but what a shame given all the world's mtg has built and taken us that all that time and energy is being spent making Batman into a Magic card instead.

Foul Heathen! There is no game but Taskmaster, and how its puppets shall dance their pointful dance for the portcullis, willing remorse and glory at Master!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Never not right to talk about the inherent evil lusts of helicopters. They are engineering's greatest victory against common sense.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Sally Philips & absinthe?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8yqXfQCr9g

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

But if it didn't make the edit... was it that much to loose?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

We want the good stuff from the secret stockroom they keep at the back :rant:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Munya didn’t get an invite :(

*drying eyes* Munya is an adult who totally wouldn't enjoy childish things anyway

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Wonderful episode, and there is Traitor John