Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I wonder if they asked David Mitchell and he declined but suggested his wife instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Watching Champion of Champions. Watching Katherine call her family was some pure :stonklol:

Also the whole of the edible masks task.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Remember the Al in Al Murray is short for Alastair. He studied history at Oxford, and was in the Oxford Revue, which is their version of Cambridge's Footlights.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm on ep 2 of Season 6 and I think it's already my least favourite season so far. Russell Howard has always left me cold, and his smug demeanour in this so far isn't helping his case. Lisa doesn't feel like she's trying all that hard. Tim Vine feels like he's way out of his depth and knows it. Alice I'm enjoying, and Asim I don't have a handle on yet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love Teacher Greg.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh that's great. I like Business John Cena as the Taskmaster.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

thehustler posted:

Doesn’t he literally present the news on TVNZ?

A sort of news magazine kind of program. Reading up on his previous, it sounds like they somehow got the NZ equivalent of Chris Morris to present Newsnight, and do it straight.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There was @midnight, but that was from Chris Hardwick who can go fall under a bus.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve reached the show’s zenith, I presume it’s basically downhill from here.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 18, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Watched s2e1 of NZ last night. It’s very good. Paul Williams reminded me of Matt Smith’s Doctor when he was standing around sometimes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The joys of working in central London.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

In the same way the UK version has had some surprisingly big names, I wonder if the NZ will get any Conchords or WWDitS alumni.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, I was definitely thinking about Rhys as an option.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I watched the first ep of Season 7, and it's fantastic. I think it's the most I've seen Alex break, and everyone is having a good time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The NZ ones have vanished from YouTube :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:stonklol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGWk6XKh6zE

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Finally finished TMNZS2 - god, what an amazing run. I desperately wanted David to win, even though I knew it was unlikely. The shoestring task was amazing. :allears:

His anger is something to behold, it’s just 0 or 100, no in between.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pablo Bluth posted:

As always Reddit is the place to go to find a copy. I'd definitely say it was a foundation that it needs to build on rather than being really strong. The house and grounds did feel a bit cramped which I think will hold them back in the long run. Series which have picked houses with bigger gardens have IMO given themselves more freedom for events to unfold in unpredictable directions.

The Danish house appears to be right in the middle of a normal street, with an appropriately small garden.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Apparently at least once per season, a contestant wants to get on the roof of the house, and they have to tell them no.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve watched this three times now and I’m cry laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWAlE8CfQnQ

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love that David only exists at 0 - happy, fine or 100 - mind-blowingly angry. There’s no dial between the two, it’s just a two position switch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NZ has run out of comedians.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, from watching a few NZ shows, everyone seems to have about 3-4 jobs. Karen O’Leary from Wellington Paranormal is also the headteacher of a school. Jeremy Wells is a prime time news show host and a breakfast show DJ with Matt Heath on top of being the TM.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

sebzilla posted:

Get Marc Evan Jackson on Taskmaster

As the Taskmaster.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Andre Braugher for the Taskmaster.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MEJ literally runs a project that teaches improv to kids in Detroit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Amy Poehler is not widely liked. Whole lot of people hate her schtick, just like Carrell these days.

I don’t believe either of these things to be true.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

oh jay posted:

It sounds like a very internet kind of opinion.

It’s called the bandwagon fallacy, and was a very popular turn of phrase with a recent president.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'd love to see Mantzoukas as a contestant. He's got that manic David Correos energy, and I think he'd be amazing. He's a UCB alum too, so he's got all that improv under his belt.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Alex Horne will be in Celebrity Bake Off on 22nd March!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, people try to get into Cambridge Uni just to be in Footlights. It’s that good a networking tool for careers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Live audience???

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The World Inferno posted:

You spelled Conan O'Brien wrong :huh:

Weirdly, I could see him better in the Alex role.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

When’s the last time someone really tried to cheat at a task? Full on hiding it I mean, Tim Key and Dave Gorman style.

Sian putting balls in the net after the whistle was particularly egregious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I literally just finished S8 and Joe Thomas was a mood the entire time. I wanted Greg to give him a hug.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

OrthoTrot posted:

Talking of costumes:

Does this mean all the mad costuming is owned by the contestants and they all have two versions of it? Like, does Lee Mack own two Evil Knievel suits for some reason?

I can see Lou Sanders having two of her 80s Doctor Who jumpsuit made up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜. 𝙱𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚜.

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜. 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚠.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Superrodan posted:

I've been working on my own version of Taskmaster with some friends (posted about it a while ago in here and got some good suggestions). One of our tasks is a weird one involving a "Jury" and it's supposed to have a significant number of people that don't know anyone involved. If there's anyone in this thread that wants to be a part of it, you'd need about 15 minutes or so and a gmail account (to fill out a google form). Just let me know and I can DM you details.

Gladly, DMs are open

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Finally got around to watching the first ep of this season. drat, it hits the ground running, huh? Bridget seems… on edge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

How do we feel about Jack Dee doing a TM at some point?