Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Ardal O'Hanlon would be the "big name slightly older comedian" in the coming series, most notably he was Dougal in Father Ted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Champion of champions feels like something they'd do as a special over new year, like the one off special they did last year.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Wasn't a big problem with the original taskmaster USA that it had only a half hour slot, so with that plus stupid long us ad breaks there was barely any time for the show to happen?

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

He'd never do it but Daniel Kitson would be amazing

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

They could eventually decide to do an all stars series, drag race style, where popular contestants from previous series or specials compete. Perhaps excluding series winners as they get champion of champions.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

I imagine scheduling a champion of champions is a huge pain. With a regular series I they could have 10+ potential contestants in the early stages of planning a series, and then they can narrow it down based on who is available when.

For champion of champions they have to have a specific 5 people

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

stev posted:

Most seasons have one contestant who's a step above the others in terms of fame (usually the elder statesman comedian), and they never seem to win. It almost feels like it'd be unsportsmanlike for them to try to win. The only exception is Bob Mortimer who you can't begrudge winning because he's so beloved. So I hope Dara doesn't win.

And no Richard Herring doesn't count because he was up against Johnny Vegas.

I'd argue that both Dara and Sarah fulfil that elder statesman role this season, they're both household names who've been around for ages.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

I do think a taskmaster All-stars of great contenstants who didn't win, to go along with champion or champions, could be really fun..

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Kiell and Mae are I believe quite close friends too, so it'll be interesting if that dynamic comes out at all

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Debating the merits of Greg's judgements is just as much part of the fun of Taskmaster as the arbitrary judgements themselves.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Personally I suspect the format will be very different and much more akin to a traditional game show, but who knows.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Great episode, underwhelming cast announcement

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Leraika posted:

nick mohammed was the guy from ted lasso, right? his face looks familiar.

Yeah that's him.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I think they're running out of celebrities in Britain. I don't believe any of the people in this new season are really famous.

In terms of global fame Nick is arguably one of the most famous contestants they've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Steve and John in the final studio task both had the vibe of the dads competing in the parents race at the school sports day.