Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

LupusAter posted:

I don't think so because in this lineup Alan Davies fills the same slot of "older, well-respected comedian and panel show veteran". Also I hope not becase I feel an entire season of Taskmaster could rest solely on David Mitchell impotently and petulantly railing against the unfair judgements of a petty and uncaring Taskmaster.

Does David Mitchell count as an elder statesman of British comedy now? Bloody hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

David Mitchell and Richard Ayoade are my two dream TM participants. Although both in the same series would probably be a bit much.

I reckon Jimmy Carr would be good as well, though probably a bit too big for the show, despite being a Channel 4 veteran

Bill Bailey is surely going to do it at some point.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm up to series 3.

Paul Chowdhry is amazing.

I'm also surprised by Al Murray. I always kind of assumed he was a poundland Jeremy Clarkson but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

The Pub Landlord is a character.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The tasks are shown out of order compared to when they were filmed so really three fifths of it is sort of down to Alex (or whoever) choosing to give someone three house task wins or not in a single episode. Then the prize task and live task bookend it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I've been watching quite a lot of Bad Golf recently and am surprised that John Robins hasn't made an appearance on TM yet.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

He's been pushing out the NMJ throughout so cant have been that bad.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I'd enjoy seeing more Tim Key, his blend of manic enthusiasm and bare-faced cheating was wonderful, and he was usually good at finding an unusual way to attempt tasks too. Maybe not quite top 5 but definitely up there.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Just started season 5 with my daughter (her first time through) and I think it's my favourite cast.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bob Mortimer calling a seemingly very pleasant woman a "loving nightmare" loudly to her face in song form takes a lot of beating.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Get Marc Evan Jackson on Taskmaster

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

As the Taskmaster.

Actually yes that would be great and I think he'd get a real kick out of being an officious bastard.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Whoever it is really should have standup/improv experience. You need fast non-scripted humorous reactions and interactions. It's why I'd be hesitant of someone like Marc Evan Jackson who mostly works scripted. Or John Cena who can be funny but isn't experienced in quick off-the-cuff wit.

MEJ is always going on about his improv background, I think he'd do fine.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah she seems the sort.

If they ever have Andy loving Parsons on I'm boycotting

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

They could each nominate one task from their season that they feel they should have done better at (must have placed 4th or 5th) to be brought back.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Sophie Duker is a strong new entrant into the "Taskmaster women I am now in love with" category, alongside Aisling Bea and Alice Levine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Been thinking about potential future contestants and how good Lee Evans would be in the "elder statesman" role if he could be coaxed out of retirement.

Imagine he'd need three or four changes of outfit instead of the regulation two just to deal with all the sweating though.