Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Nothing will ever, ever beat the VHS tape, mainly due to the buildup to it. I respect the energy of discount Jeff Goldblum on the last NZ episode though, we need more clowning on the taskmaster.

VVVV oh good it is still on the internet, it's not on Dave's Twitter anymore.

Sighence fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

I can’t see Jimmy being physical at all. David and Richard would be awkward and uncoordinated but I can see them engaging in it knowing that that’s what people want to see from them.

A decent number of cats does countdown interlude distractions have him performing surprisingly deft feats, sometimes even without body doubles.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Taskmaster NZ is continuing to be excellent. The Festive Songs (especially Guy's) were amazing, and David defending his animal choice with the scroll of facts was perfect.

Any of those songs would fit perfectly in an Awful Christmas album, it was great.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Terminally Bored posted:

This is the best season in years.

Of UK only? Maybe, of the literally two years exactly, because season 7 would like a word if you go past that.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Good news is you're close to S7, which is in nearly everyone's top 3 list amongst all versions.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This is my favorite series, even beating Series 7 and NZ Series 2. It was magnificent.

This doesn't have a Rhod or a David chaos monkey or the cast cohesion of NZ. Everyone was a delight in their own distinct channel though. Top five for sure.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I could do that too. Toss the details to and I'll toss it to a Gmail that can do whatever.

E: received, I'll do this after work.

Sighence fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 2, 2022

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Nice idea overall. The standard two-parters are much more direct (make a sandwich, eat said sandwich). There's also a potential for food waste which I'm not about to go on a crusade for here but I should bring up.

If you're feeling especially evil and/or less wasteful, you could give them part three: eat everything edible on a pan. If they see it coming (or don't), great payoff for them and us.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I agree with your larger point but I genuinely haven't a clue how you think Justine's was spot on and Kura's was the weakest. . So many routes he could've gone with the scoring and he chose the lamest option by far.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Superrodan posted:

Hey, does the wording for this below task seem ok? This is for our live task, so while it might be a bit awkwardly worded, but I'm going to be reading it aloud and I want it to be super duper clear to the contestants what they have to do:

Split your groceries amongst your team’s two trays. At least some part of every grocery must be on each tray.

You may NOT remove, open, or tamper with the non-edible items that are already on the trays.

The team with the two trays that weigh closest to one another wins.

You have 100 seconds. Your time starts when the whistle blows.

There is a bonus point for best plating on one of your trays.

It can work. The easy loophole is below, I don't know if that's intended though and it sounds like maybe you thought about that already but I can't tell from just the description. Must all of the grocery be on the trays? Or can they just put the smallest piece of each grocery on each tray, toss the rest, and job done? The counter-loophole would be to make the preplaced non-grocery very uneven between team trays.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Who would do better in the NZ scene though?
And even more crucial, would the double act that is presenting taskmaster still work? I'm not up on my NZ entertainment scene but I can't imagine they have 1:1 analogues for most British comedians. Heck even the US used American Alex Horne for the taskmaster role because we have, what, Craig Ferguson for "semi serious old male comedian who wasn't always in comedy"? Don't get me wrong he would've been aces in the role in isolation but with Horne as a double act? I'd be willing to find out but I can't picture it going quite as well as the original pair.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Jeremy doesn't get impish enough with the scoring. There are hints of it here and there, but Greg has absolutely scored things in ways merely because it gives him joy to spite you, the viewer.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I think Paul outdoes Alex as the assistant, by the slimmest of hairs. Obviously Alex brings more overall what with being the designer of the majority of the tasks too and having come up with the format as a whole, but Paul has this slight air of sadness that fits the assistant role. I think it's his intonation; he ends sentences with a lower intonation than average and it just rounds out the character so well.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Isn't it 'furthest hit target cart wins'? So put the cart at the line, hit it with another cart and just take the first cart and run with it for the remaining time.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

It's genuinely best to pretend the American version doesn't exist. Funches was the best there but let's not pretend he saves the show.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

The American and Spanish versions would like a word with the lack of nuance there but the red flags present are much fewer here.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I don't know if I can get behind this Taskmaster yet. CGI was rightly slapped down but in the same task a gross misinterpretation of grammar was rewarded.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I think the prize task is the only real weak spot on taskmAUSter, just the least effort possible on them. I get that's funny sometimes but it's not when everyone always does it. None of this bringing in a picture of something crap, bring in the real thing or cuddle up with your zero points for your zero effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Has there ever been a better prize task winner? Maybe Mark Watson stealing Greg's pants, or Laura in NZ stealing everyone's girlfriends.

"It's not a picture, Greg.

It's a short film!"