Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what kind of sandwich, her choice either damns her or continues my neutral stance on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I wonder if the tongue/spit task would have been way shorter if they chosen a different taste from sour, like just got with chili pepper hottness.

Also has the UK had a game show scandle like the US , a scandle so bad that Congress got involved?

spongbob alternating case meme "its about ethics in gameshows"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Superrodan posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexHorne/status/1540636991108382722

I just kinda wanted to brag about this here because I love this show and this guy so much.

Cool, but even his own official TM channel still has some copyright muted audio for some of the episode uploads.

lol at copyright and youtube I guess?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I would have just taken that as an opportunity to smash a glass fish ball.

Also lol at the rng chaos of the duck bucket studio task.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 7, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I know its more work for video editors, but I would like if all 10 episodes had unique openings, Chris's trick-or-treat- "I'm Paul Williams" line has been foreshadowed for like 9 episodes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

"Crashes more" is up there with Alan Davies's monster noise :laffo:

Dara 's head turning red when that was said was great.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the music task song sounds like a banger, is it played by Alex's horn section band??/ is it available anywhere to DL/whatever?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its like being a good gm/dm in a role playing game, you should have youre own outline/plan, and be super flexible, and through experience get how much give and take you have with your peeps.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
greg : Cadbury bunny?
john : she's fictional

lol at learning about what I assume is an over seas furry icon.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think NZ3 has my favorite ending studio task of "how many ducks in your bucket?"

"gently caress!"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
NZ also deserves the economic simulation of a bunch of foreigners inputting money.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

itry posted:

:ohdear:

"It's edible" is his foodie philosophy.

maybe Alex's dad is Mr. Delicious?

"It's food."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
iirc the other lady that wasnt Lou did mention that the tasks can be heightist / aka get eff short people.

I think the series after this one did do better with height in mind.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh hey its hangover day.

Also I think UK once again got a task from NZ with "Taskmaster Says" with their New Years special?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Clearly little Alex Horn is trying to turn the NZ house into THE Taskmaster master compound where he;s going to bugout there and be an assistant to whoever becomes TM of the post end world.

Tasks issued on cb radio.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the cookie live studio task reminds me of a Rhythm Heaven game.

also good remix of the take the "fewest steps" restriction in a task. also once again funny AU english in calling a sausage a snag.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Snowy posted:

Oh gently caress! Should I just start on 15? It couldn’t matter if I haven’t seen the rest….could it? :ohdear:

sorry you have to watch everything in order, the game show has a very deep lore with foreshadowing.

Also my introduction to the show was some user posting the potato clip and the red-green misstep. a marriage destroyed.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so the perfect way to do the bucket task is to put one item in buckets 1 and 14 and then just nest the buckets? in ascending order?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Alex and other assistants should do fake out part two-ers.

just have a wax envelope that says something nice. "youre doing great super star!" (oh and then sometimes do the great metroidvania troll thing of there being another layer. but since this is real life, its either another compliment and a fake point or a bonus extra credit task)

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 7, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

how can it be an animal if they dont exist?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Heavy_D posted:

Had an idea this evening for a homework task - suitable for homespun Taskmaster productions as it's free and easy
code:
Take a photo of a cloud that looks like another object.
The cloud that looks most like another object wins.
You have until the studio recording.
Your time starts now.
Task-master's assistant's notes: when you gather the photos from the competitors, get them to declare to you what object they think the cloud looks like. During the show, present the photos one at a time, and ask the Taskmaster what they think each cloud resembles. If the contestant falsely claims that they saw the same as the Taskmaster, interject with "You told me it was ____" immediately.

Seems like it would be particularly good if you were running your homespun TM as a birthday treat for the Taskmaster, because it gives them two things to do - guess what each cloud is during the round, and then give out the points for a subjectively scored task. It could work as a substitute for the prize task if you don't want to burden your competitors with the cost of providing a prize.

finally my email-me-a-cloud-a-day subscription has paid off.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think Series 1, episode 1, Eat Watermelon is probably one the best pilots ever.

Hell I also think this current series intro opening "brace! brace!" is also a great platonic atom of Taskmaster.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Alex was offscreen for the hole punch task, wonder if he wore something eye catching or question invoking.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
was he?

seems like he was playing the bad guy. but he's not a bad guy.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think him losing the ladder hook thing somehow is top 10 TM thing ever.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
series 14 is finally going up on the official youtube channel.

I will soon have the official video for "she's fictional".

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Most contestants embellish their reactions, but James Acaster definitely had a legitimate breakdown.

men care way too much about golf. which is a bs sport and lord Greg should kill.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I like UK series 4 because now everytime I hear a ringtone in the wild, I mentally say "friendship" or some other dumb thing in my mind.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Some people just don’t derive pleasure from eating and see it as a necessity like drinking water.

Not be, but different stripes and all.

ah like the code monkey that made soylent.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i was going to make a topology joke, but stabbing and cutting introduces a new hole therefore +1 manifold.

also humans are manifolds with 7 holes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
3 and 11 arent prime number now?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
secret task reminds me of the stray 11th duck.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

what does Lucy even say here in the start?

"toes taste a dairy"?? 8 episodes and then this outtake has her ramping up the accent to god levels.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
still watching the new episode, but drat, are UK (or whatever denomination) coins really that thick?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the driving task was fun, but i dont like the whole figure out the rules as you fail and reset thing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

stev posted:

Finally, someone matched Romesh and the watermelon.

drat that sounds like a high bar to match.

also still one of the best ever examples of "what is BLANK?" in one clip. a series 1, episode 1, and even task 2 1.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Organic Lube User posted:

poo poo like this fully justifies piracy.

I like how youtube mutes some scenes due to music copyrights or some other horseshit.

hell I was using plutotv or some other FAST streaming service to watch TM and noticed some music substitutions/switches. lol at music CRs.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Disappointing Pie posted:

https://youtu.be/s7nkoWxl6xY?si=cdm7B_aJRs6lbVXp

A YouTube exclusive series hosted by little Alex Horne? Could be good!

is it going to be sub gated(is that a thing, im not sure if it is?)? like i think he was just doing the standard like-sub-bell thing but im not sure.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

oh jay posted:

Phoenix being the title of that episode is beyond perfect.

*checks series episode titles*

I'm disappointed this isnt easter egg with the episodes that sandwich Phoenix following the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
having actual cash would ruin it, the whole point/fun of some games is some people get weirdly tryhard about points that dont matter at all.