Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Excellent episode. They need to have a Susie Dent hotline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Last task was bullshit. Simple as.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

This is gonna be the episode that's gonna get Quentin Tarantino to watch Taskmaster.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I like all the contestants individually but I think the season is a bit poo poo.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Studio task having to imitate Mae?!

Excellent episode, good banter, good tasks

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Frankie probably could've done Ivo running around holding his head in agony and confusion

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

It's... Little Mike Wozniaaak

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I thought the final task design was a bit poo poo (two throwers will always be better than one) but it was made up by Frankie slowly undressing. Other than that, probably the best episode this season.

Maybe there should be a 'serious' Taskmaster for very serious people to genuinely compete in the tasks. Mae would do well there.

vanity slug fucked around with this message at 11:25 on May 19, 2023

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I thought drawing the pineapples was funny. You couldn't even be sure whether they'd get points for that because of Greg, but I found the banter surrounding it worth the effort. Also completely expected them to get all the other pineapples and just be Very Good at the task and fortunately that didn't happen.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I'm not angry, I'm just bored

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

CoC III is looking like Sarah Kendal, Morgana Robinson, Sophie Duker, Dara Ó Briain and Mae. I think it of that lot I'll be rooting for Morgana as the best source of a bit of chaos.

I didn't see S10 yet but I'm really looking forward to Morgana and Sophie again.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I dunno, 15 point difference in two episodes, plus being on the same team as the current leader...

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

we need more calls to susie dent

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

"Oh no, I'm inbred"

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Probably the best episode this season. Also laughed at Frankie deliberately failing at the final task just so he wouldn't win.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

nish wanted everyone to win

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I think you could've just skipped all the copying and still gotten a pretty good score.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

points-wise i thought it was boring. but i loved the banter and BRACE BRACE

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Tagra posted:

Noe Weey!!

He's gone too Geordie for me!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

cloudchamber posted:

Netflix gets rid of all the stuff announcing the adverts and it makes the show feel way more watchable to me. What do you think gets lost by removing them?

The advert announcements are funny content

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Are you a child of divorce?

What an opening episode. Great chaotic energy. Poor Lucy.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

four people are already losers every round, why add another one

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Guessing is a lot easier if you already know the results.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Annabel Pee posted:

Unpopular opinion around here apparently: I’ve never been able to stand Sue Perkins, all her humour is so cringy to me and portcullis is just ‘Foam Adventure’ style humour.

it's ok not to like things

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the scoring this episode was complete nonsense, it was one of the best episodes of the series

sam is a force of chaos

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

There's could've been a great transition from Sue Perkins' nursery rhyme thing to the adverts :(

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

fantastic episode, i love this group so much

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I do want £100...

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i am raising my arms, making a big circle, and respectfully bowing to sam campbell's insanity

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

I think I would have tried driving behind the building to bypass the signals

You'd probably get a driving lesson for going off-road.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

how we laughed

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2023/12/14/54693/mae_martin_is_out_of_taskmaster%E2%80%99s_champion_of_champions

yeah scheduling conflict. i hope kiell wins because it'd be funny having a champion of champions who wasn't even a champion

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

"Wait, how did they get Sir Mo Farah back for 2024?"

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

yeah it should be up tomorrow at 21:00 GMT

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i was really excited sophie might win but alas

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Tony Three Pies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

There's a frame in the scene where he's holding the brick saying "I'm going to try and throw bricks" which just looks absolutely demented