Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I absolutely love Guz and his fondness for Alex shines through in everything he does on the show.

Guz is my favourite. Did anyone else notice him handing out the prizes from last week's episode (where the prizes were for each other)? Too cute.

Guz>Morgana>Desiree>Victoria>>>Alan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Lady Leshurr will be good - Brummie rapper, she's good fun.

Pretty meh about the lineup apart from her tbh. Winkleman will be entertaining but expectations are low for the rest.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
My personal rankings so far:
1. Sophie - queen, I am in love with her. Playing the Morgana role, that lipstick painting task jeeesus.
2. Chris - trying a bit too hard but good in the tasks
3. Ardal - sweet but kinda boring
4. Judi - a bit out of her depth so far but I want to her to do well as I've been following her for years and she's a friend of a friend. I think she will shine more as the series goes on
5. Bridget - just finding her very annoying

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Do a Big Brother alumni season - Jon Tickle, Brian Dowling, Alison Hammond, Davina and Rylan. Team task can be the former contestants on one team Vs Rylan and Davina

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Beerdeer posted:

Bridget and Ardal just get more and more unhinged.

This show has also made me fall in love with both Aisling Bea and Sophie Duker.

I am deeply in love with Sophie, carving her name into my arm a bit just so she can see how serious I am.

Another brilliant episode, such a good series.

In the task of being my favourite contestant, points are as follows:
Sophie - 5
Chris - 4
Judi, Bridget and Ardal - 3 points each

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Haha I had the following drafted the other day

'I'd like to see Kevin Bridges, Kevin Bishop and Paul O'Grady.'

And was trying to think of some women hence not posting it yet (Alison Hammond but I mentioned her in my last post) and Sarah Millican came to mind as someone who hasn't been on but I can't stand her.

Dara Vs Greg will be an interesting dynamic.

Another stop in Munya's inexorable rise, I hope he wins

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

String or rope is the most powerful item in the Taskmaster Universe. So many tasks can be made simple with a good bit of long string.

Do something at distance? Pull on string
Not allowed to cross a threshold? Pull on string to retrieve objects
Need to stop Little Alex Horne? Tie him to a chair

I've been making my way through the podcast and am on series 11 now. Jamali knows this and that's why he asked for 'big string' in one of the tasks.

I also made the big mistake of listening to Mike's episode while I was having my breakfast - the fart task :barf:

Speaking of Jamali, he said he knew Sarah before from doing a gig abroad with her but when she was on the pod she said she didn't know him that well before *awkward*

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
My personal ranking after the first ep is
Sophie - just great
Nick - primarily for his costume
Steve - for legacy, hasn't shown much yet
Joanne - annoying at first, grew on me by the end of episode and could easily rise as series goes on

>>> John - boring gently caress, and listening to the podcast right now, this opinion has not been changed yet

Speaking of the podcast, bit of a hard listen this week. I'm actually still making my way through the back catalogue. But after almost 90 episodes, I've decided that Ed Gamble just isn't funny. If he doesn't have a good comedian on then the episode is dead.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
John and Joanne's prizes were dreadful, just reheated Twitter posts. I hate John, he is a total tryhard who binged the whole show in two weeks before going on, not funny and cried about his fancy replica jacket on the podcast.

Joanne is still on the bubble for me, at least she's generally funny but that Musk line was really lame. Glad Greg called it out at least (thanks Dr CA), even if it didn't make the edit.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Ok last time I'm going to mention him but John is easily my least favourite TM contestant of all time. Boring tryhard, if he wins I'm not watching CoC. I'm going to finally watch S15 just to make sure [that John is the worst] - didn't bother at the time because I very much dislike Jenny Eclair (I'm not hot on Frankie Boyle these days either tbf) and ppl in this thread didn't seem enthused about that series anyway.

Of people who could actually win, I want it to be Steve. My favourites are Sophie and Nick, bless 'em. I'm now also very pro-Joanne after the tension task and the fact she is not John loving Robins.

Agree that the Blobby task was pretty weak. Without wanting to be fair to John at all, why didn't the baby task also say they had to keep the carrier on.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Boxturret posted:

Hello, here I am, a normal person, and I just want to say how much I utterly despise this person I saw on tv for about 2 hours and wish them nothing but suffering. Good day to you all.:tipshat:

Sorry John, didn't think you were a goon and I'm sure you're lovely irl. Wish you all the best in everything outside TM

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I did say it was my last post on the subject and tried to include some other content, well aware of how boring the negativity and hating can get after a point.

For some positivity, Nick is very sweet and his tension task actually made me lol.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Previous competent try-hards (i.e. Gamble and Herring) have A) been funny and B) were proper fans of the show. They were funny in their tryhardness - the clear desperation to do well and impress Greg, crushing disappointment and even rage when things didn't go their way.

I am loving the dad-mance of Steve and Nick but I think Nick and John as a team would have been funnier. A bit of a handicap for John (not that Sophie or Joanne aren't tbf) and the physical comedy of the difference in their heights. Steve would have been a cute third for Joanne and Sophie as well.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Robins is falling into the Mae Martin ‘boringly competent’ category.

Falling? Though I will say I did like his impressive load. Nonetheless as a certified Robins-hater I was glad Greg didn't give him the 5 points for that.

Gutted that Sophie choked in the live task. Nick's mid-air picture was so amazingly bad it might've been the funniest thing in the episode. Tie task was great, especially when people got turned into turtles/snails at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Easily the best episode so far. I was getting a feeling that something was going on between Joanne and John last week and this week felt like confirmation?? Yes they were potentially joking but it was a lot of jokes about that.

Great seeing Joanne get a win, funny that John had actually no way to win since she was ahead of him going into the team live task. Btw his prize task was dreadful and should've got 1 or even 0 points.