Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The norwegian version of Taskmaster isn't afraid to go to dark places. The contestants was asked to bring something that blue, heavy and could fit in a shoe box. One contestant brought a pack of condoms that she bought in december last year and was still unopened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

In the recent episode of the norwegian Taskmaster the contestants was tasked with creating life in 100 days. One of the contestants managed to hatch a chicken from a store bought egg and another contestant got his wife pregnant.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The norwegian Taskmaster does not gently caress around. The contestants was asked to bring something that would make the taskmaster uncomfortable and one of the contestants brought a screenshot of an instagram post with the picture of the taskmaster and the hashtag metoo.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Unkempt posted:

Last episode of Kongen Befaler is loving amazing for a number of reasons.

They made Amir angry.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm binging the first seasons of the UK Taskmaster (which, because of how UK telly works, have taken me an hour) and Rob Beckett just seems...wrong. Like an off brand muppet voiced by someone with plugs in their ears who only have a vague understanding about what language is.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Heavy_D posted:

Rainbows: The light switch was a really great escape hatch in this task, just the expressions on everyone's faces. And what could be a better capstone than Mark's inabilty to curve the rainbow?

"It looks worse than what we painted without lights!"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Little Alex Horne is genuinely really uncomfortable every time he has to pin something to a woman's chest. I also liked how Greg Davies was legit angry when the prize task was to bring an invention.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Oh god, Phil Wang's outfit:stonk:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

The pendulum does draw the eye.

Trig Discipline posted:

I loved Rhod so much because he showed up to play an entirely different game called How Can I Make Them Regret Inviting Me and he was playing that game to win.

Rhod apparently showed up to play one game and one game only: "How can I kill Alex Horne?"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Acaster refuses to greet Alex Horne and even Gilbert is weirded out by it.

The no blinking conteset: In the Norwegian version one of the contestant didn't blink for several hours and was really angry when he learned that the the second best didn't blink in half an hour.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's incredible that no one realized that they could've just let their eyes shut.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm honestly surprised that one of the team tasks didn't end with James punching either Rhod or Phil.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Oh god, the hammock.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

eke out posted:

i legit think Maria Stavang is one of the funniest chaotic fuckup competitors of any season, up there with David Correos
Just wait till you get to Amir Asgharnejad.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 3, 2022

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So I'm starting to believe that someone bought too many eggs and started this show to get rid of them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Heavy_D posted:

Looks like the increasingly popular Kongen Befaler will be the first series in the franchise to be aired in 2022, starting 24th Feb.

I'm not that intrigued by the new cast. Harald Eia is past his sell by date as a comedian. Martin "piefucker" Lepperød could be fun though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I have that the small amounts of fucks that Jo Brand has to give is almost impressive. During one timed task she just goes to the toilet.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Series 10: Johnny Vegas is far too emotionally invested in these tasks. He's having way too many nervous breakdowns. I like how Mawaan is constantly trying to find loopholes and bend the rules without breaking them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Vegas is so unhinged on Taskmaster that when he's tasked with making noises in a team task the others just assumes he's just being Johnny Vegas and ignores him.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

You know what doesn't blow my mind? That Katherine Parkinson doesn't have a BA in ceramics.
https://i.imgur.com/VFLOeEq.mp4

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Feb 19, 2022

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sudden Javelin posted:

gifs you can hear

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Unkempt posted:

Latest Kongen Befaler is basically a non-stop gently caress you to the concept of health and safety.

It also have a grown man dressing as a baby and then breaking down in shame afterwards.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Unkempt posted:

Oh, wait, I haven't seen that one yet. I meant the one with throwing a burning bowling ball into a tub of petrol, cramming four small children onto a bicycle and having one fall off and winning a game by smashing your own hand into a mousetrap.

Good to hear it continues.

Keep in mind that Atle Antonsen started his career on a radio show that among other things blew up a dead badger in a freezer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuuR_C-qz-I

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

I just want a series where they team up Iain, James Acaster and Rhod

That would be like putting three fighting fish in the same bowl. It would be the season that killed Alex Horne.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Heavy_D posted:

Gonna need a update to the thread title again. "S13 - Best use of a cement mixer" and "S13 - The noise that blue makes" are the only good quotes I have from the new series. Or I suppose we could mine the archives...

Taskmaster: "How fresh is it?"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

oh jay posted:

I don't think she's not going to win, but I find myself rooting for Bridget because I always appreciate contestants being extra with their costumes.

The costumes was not something I was prepared for when I started to watch the british taskmaster. In the norwegian version pretty much everyone wears normal clothes, even Amir.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The most obnoxious taskmaster contestant by far won in the Norwegian version.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Beerdeer posted:

Worse than Lisa Lampanelli?

The winner of the norwegian taskmaster made an entire documentary series about how :biotruths: are real, including one episode where Charles Murray got to talk about how black people are less intelligent than white people.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Somehow it worked for Jo. It's a subtle difference between "not giving a poo poo about doing the task correctly" and "not giving a poo poo about the task."

Alice Levine either didn't give a gently caress or was pretty dedicated. Like, she varied between showing up with a subway pass on one prize task and committing identity theft in another episode,

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Paladinus posted:

David Mitchell is the host of Outsiders, which is a lot like Taskmaster, but all tasks are for teams of 2, and they are themed around wilderness survival. He doesn't have an assistant, but he does get to taste things, and the discomfort is very much there.
Britisk television is just an endless stream of shows where comedians compete against e each other. And there's sometimes an episode of Dr. Who.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

evobatman posted:

Kongen Befaler started again last night. Espen and Henriette are both comedy legends in their own right, but the three others suffer from Westerdals-syndrome. They have no practical or life skills, but have had a media/entertainment education, got a TV/radio gig straight out of school, and must entertain you at any cost, usually by being the most disruptive and loudest in the room.

I liked that one of the contestants is so non famous that the production crew mistook him for the new chef.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Well, AA is officially done with Taskmaster. Which is just as well, a large part of what the taskmaster does is berate the contestants and it is no longer funny watching AA doing it.

not a bot posted:

Yikes. The linked article makes it pretty clear he flat out assaulted her.

A guy with cp also came forward with a story about how a drunk AA took control over his wheelchair and "jokingly" drove it towards the top of some stairs. As it turns out he's a humongous rear end in a top hat.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

stev posted:

And no Richard Herring doesn't count because he was up against Johnny Vegas.

There was a point where I was seriously concerned that Taskmaster could cause the death of Johnny Vegas.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Boxturret posted:

Wow it doesn't feel that long ago that the whole thing happened, did they manage to film the whole thing in that time or just the studio?

They actually filmed it a year ago as a backup plan because Atle Antonsen doing something really stupid while really drunk was very real scenario.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lars executing a good idea in the most dangerous way he could come up with was pretty good:
https://i.imgur.com/sWz2Dnw.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!