Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh I just realised season 9 has David Baddiel in it. That dude’s become such a piece of poo poo that I’m honestly considering skipping it

Honestly it's great to see how much of a dumbass he is and enjoy the delicious schadenfreude at his expense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I was expecting someone to try and entomb the ball in that bubble thing, honestly.

Also I like how Morgana both didn't just round up to 11 meters in her measurements and rather than just extending the tape measure as far as possible did it a meter at a time.

And the darts task was excellent. I'm amazed Greg didn't even wear goggles.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

itry posted:

Last time he got his hands on a toy he smashed it against the wall though.

Edit: https://youtu.be/l-TnD6m1iPA

That was a toy to enrage Greg.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The World Inferno posted:

Speaking of, would expect to be hearing about New Zealand right about now. There's no way they'd can it after that last one... right? Right?

Maybe they've already used all of New Zealand's comedians?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I've been liking Australian Taskmaster, but Greg 100% would have disqualified all the contestants who got wet in the 'sink the bowling ball' task. Also Nina for not completing it (or getting wet from the rain). Points for nobody!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

there was a task in I think season 2 where they brought in josh widecombe to join the team of two to balance things out, I guess that's one solution.

There have been some team tasks where it seems like having fewer people gives an advantage, so I guess the idea is over the course of the season it sort of balances out

Bringing in a backup teammate might be a good idea - Al Murray always seems to be up for extra Taskmaster and Self Esteem seems like she’d want to come back. But that might distract from the actual contestants.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Heavy_D posted:

The conceit at the heart of the final task - that everything Alex did was a distraction because all the questions were about Greg - was masterful misdirection delivered through such extraordinary effort. All those red herrings about which hand he had which prop in, etc. Completely took me in, but it should have been foreseeable, as it's very on brand for the TM-assistant dynamic.

I kind of think for the last question you could have just said the question cards. Greg didn't specify which hand, did he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Boxturret posted:

I can't believe Alex is still allowed on television with all the reprehensible things he's said about various groups.

You'd think he'd stop telling Greg things in confidence, but he doesn't seem to learn.