Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
Dave has released the first episode of their "taskmaster with the serial numbers filed off" series, Outsiders. It was OK, but the pallor of trying and failing to be the new Taskmaster hung over everything. The biggest missing ingredient for me was panic.

Undead Hippo fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
Morgana won because on the first task in the first episode, she called Alex a little fucker and got a bonus point. Perfect.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
Tidbit from the podcast ep with John, his original idea for the jaw dropping prize was much more interesting, but got nixed by production.

He was going to bring in a briefcase, which Greg was to open. The briefcase would have a video tablet with a jaw dropping video on it, which Greg would watch and everyone would see his reaction. The jaw dropping video? A "messy anal prolapse".

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

stev posted:

I mean he could've just done that with a video that C4 might actually allow on TV.

The idea was to not show the video to the viewing audience at all.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

Dragonstoned posted:

Finally found the clip, it was Andrew Collins and he was told the same thing by both Alex and Greg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5sCjCePYvg&t=1912s
(around 31:56 if it doesn't auto do it)

You're right they could always just get rid of the rule, but I don't think they're gonna be hurting for guests anytime soon

Richard Herring very publicly and repeatedly asked to be on Taskmaster when he interviewed Greg and Alex for his podcast so I don't think this is really a thing.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
Hugh Dennis was apparently a top 3 all time competitor by average score on "objective" tasks(fastest, furthest, most etc) and a bottom 5 all time performer for subjective tasks(Greg picks his favourite). He was also the lowest ever average score for prize tasks.

Those figures were from during season 10, so have probably shifted a bit.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
I seriously doubt that Mark and Aisling were trying not to win.

Sally and Bob, sure.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

itry posted:

I think they do quite a bit? IIRC, Alex said he and Mark Watson are good friends, and they gave him that secret cheeky messages task (which turned out great in the studio).

There's at least one of those in every series I think?

The first five series had them- with a peak in season 5 with almost every contestant having something. After that, they've been very rare. Mike Wozniak's season 11 farting task is the only really invididual task- everything else has been asymmetric rather than individual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

WaffleACAB posted:

Gutted that Sophie choked in the live task. Nick's mid-air picture was so amazingly bad it might've been the funniest thing in the episode.

I was expecting an argument that "Tires are full of air, so I was midair".