Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Seems they've decided that Canada doesn't get season 12 on youtube... is there an official way to watch it here or do I just have to use a VPN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ah, I see, I was really confused why the thumbnail for the boat folding one said do not eat the pineapple.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Taskmaster NZ series 1 did a similar studio task with just the toaster and there all the contestants wore blindfolds, but the partitions work better for the balloon because you get to see everyone getting increasingly nervous as it gets larger and larger.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Guz lost because he was too nice to Alex :(

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

lol to save time they only have one person do a prize task an episode it seems...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Managed to watch the whole US series, it's not that great... only two filmed tasks an episode and even then it feels so rushed. There's like no studio banter either so you don't really get an idea of who the comedians are by the end. What's worse is that every single task is one from the UK version so the whole show is just abbreviated tasks that you've seen presented better before.
I'd say the only times I chuckled a bit were during the flag meals, because some of them were just so bad but other than that it was completely unmemorable.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

It's taking so long because they have to find another person called Guy who can more personally embarrass Paul.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

It's actually all on the youtube channel, it's just region locked. For Canada for instance we have access to everything up to series 11, but nothing after that. But if you mess around with a vpn series 12 and the new years treat are all there.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Really enjoying the new season of NZ, those two complete disasters at the pi task were amazing

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Yeah David Correos had to beg for his phone so he could pay to get let out of the caravan.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Really enjoying this season so far. I really hope Jeremy scored that super hero task like that on purpose, to make it all pointless. I love that sort of thing
I thought it was weird how he kind of had to go out of his way to say that allergies aren't a big deal:thunk:. then 6 points for everyone lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I found him a bit overbearing at first, but the Libya song and the math quiz brought me around

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Just finished the 3rd series. Personally I love when Jeremy scores a task by giving them all 5, it's the same as giving them all 0, and I'm sure that's on purpose.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hmm, so I guess for tie breaks they might keep doing the same ones until it actually gets used in an episode, neat.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The fake out when it looked like John was going to be potatoed was amazing

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

No he spent longer guessing than it took to actually solve the math formulas lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I mean, a lot of the loopholes they're closing are ones that have been exploited before. Yeah it's amazing to see someone think laterally and move the rope, but if they leave that as an option then every task with a rope barrier just becomes who watched previous episodes and knows to do that.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Munya shouldn't have gotten style points, his routine wasn't mirrored, he just did the same thing

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

My first thought was just to throw something like the task on the moving bit, then you just have to keep the same relative position to it on both runs.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

oh cool they put up the second series of Kongen Befaler on the youtube channel

...wait, nearly half the cast is the same:thunk:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU-SgpllVSc

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Munya's confidence always makes me think he's doing better than he is, so I'm always surprised at how low he ends up scoring at the end.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I'm half way through the second series of Kongen Befaler and loving it. From talk about the other versions I got the impression that New Zealand was the only one to do original tasks and the others just reused english ones(certainly true for the US version) so I'm really surprised with how many original tasks it has, and the few reused ones usually have a neat twist.

Stormester kind of lost me in episode one, there's this interaction where this contestant just kept lying and the taskmaster relented and gave her points, seemed a bit off, how can it be taskmaster when the taskmaster lets themselves get bullied by a contestant...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Pablo Bluth posted:

The best thing about KB is the disregard for health and safety.

A shocking amount of fire.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The part with the best friend and the box is just so good

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I loved in the prize task when everyone was adding their prize in to the asteroid doomsday scenario all John could say was "we haven't done mine yet". Really good series.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I quite enjoyed how when John came in to the first task they filmed he tried to hang his jacket on the door, only for it to fall to the ground. I like how that seems to lead in to him just flinging his jacket away at the start of every other task later on.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

They did that in season 2 of TMNZ.

So many cans of tomato sauce.......

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Aw man having the window wide open but the plinth just having fake grapes would be so devious.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Taskmaster america was entirely UK tasks and half an hour long. It was completely unremarkable and unmemorable. There was like one attempt at the hide in a photo task that was clever but I can't really remember what it was anymore.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

James Acaster legally owns Phil Wang

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

america had their chance and squandered it, leave it to the other countries

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Wow it doesn't feel that long ago that the whole thing happened, did they manage to film the whole thing in that time or just the studio?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Strawman posted:

'I don't think it's necessary for me to specify who lost that round' got the biggest laugh from me. Looks like 3 non-poo poo English language taskmasters from now on, truly we live in a time of wonders.

That's a 100% success rate!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

It was a documentary.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I really like how they do it in Kongen Bafaler, with them presenting it in studio, with a little red cloth covering it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Der Kyhe posted:

Countries with the liability investigation and insurance system starting from "wasn't this your unforced idea?". :) Didn't Alex say that almost each season they have to forbid some contestant from climbing to the roof of the building for their attempt at something?

Yeah that and that large support for the net.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

SixFigureSandwich posted:

You're saying this as if Rhod Gilbert didn't chuck a spear into the caravan with Alex inside it

He had safety goggles!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I was skimming the UK TV thread for a bit and just hearing the show described by text was so baffling that I looked up some clips for context and ended up watching all that was available over the next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

And the new years treats usually have people more out of the norm

and then you get sad because so many of them would have been fantastic on a full series...