Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

The World Inferno posted:

Also, if anyone else is hankering more TM, check out the New Zealand one. They play it a lot safer than the US one, copying the show's style completely – but it's still pretty fun. Host is not as much fun as Greg, but has enough of a presence to work. The guy playing 'Alex' is very Alex-y.

New season of that coming yet this year will have Guy Montgomery from 'The Worst Idea of All Time' podcast on it. :yayclod:

I watched the NZ one a while ago and the 'Alex' character was really badly thought of because it was a straigt-up carbon copy and it didn't work at all. The taskmaster himself worked because he was clearly being his own person. Luckily four of the five constestants were amazing, while of them (Guy Williams) nearly ruined the show by being an aggressively unfunny prick who tried to bring in the audience for everything. A bit of a rough start but there were lots of great tasks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Everything in that episode clicked, what an amazing cast.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Guz is easily one of the top contestants ever.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Really looking forwarda to Ardal O'Hanlon and Sophie Duker, seems like an okay lineup.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

thehustler posted:

she’s so frustrating a person, but this isn’t the UK politics thread so I’ll leave it. I don’t dislike her

I'm not sure how such a piece of poo poo suddenly seems to be everywhere.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

The World Inferno posted:

What's the deal with the Baroness for us U.S. fans?

Used to be a minister of parliament for the Conservative Party, got a peerage and is now in the House of Lords (upper house of the Parliament). Has had some issues regarding not declaring every financial thing she should have and used her position to get her business partners to meet with bigwigs. Very much a homophobe who has softened her (public) views due to backlash, agreed with literal Nazi party about immigration (a Nazi party who founded a paramilitary terrorist organization named after Hitler no less) and thinks the Church of England is the basis for the whole society and should be in the center of politics.

Basically if you can imagine a vile view concerning any issue whatsoever, she's for it.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
In the Taskmaster podcast it was implied that champion of champions airs the week after next week.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Greg saying he used to think Ardal was playing a character in Father Ted nearly killed me.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Ardal's cement mixer torture made Horne break character more than in any other task.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Just noticed that episode 3 of this season (only that one) has a note on All4 that is was "filmed before the conflict in eastern europe" and racking my brains for a reason they felt the need for the disclaimer I guess it must have been because of Bridget's bit about Laika and imo its very funny to imagine someone complaining about that

I assume it was about Ardal and his war stuff.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Hasn't been the best series but hoo boy the hide a body task with the reveal is one of the best things that's come out of Taskmaster, if not the best.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

exmarx posted:

i have zero preconceptions about frankie. i like him but he seems like a weird pick – doesn't really belong to either the 'statesman' or 'quirky' tm archetypes!

Wouldn't surprise me if that person was in, since Greg Davies has said on a few different occasions that he'd like to have that person as a contestant.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Kearns is amazing and this thread is weird.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Horne Section podcast is great so I assume the tv show is also.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

individual865 posted:

Unfortunately, it appears Atle Antonsen, the Taskmaster for Kongen Befaler, is a racist: https://www.reddit.com/r/panelshow/...utm_name=iossmf

Yikes. The linked article makes it pretty clear he flat out assaulted her.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Trabant posted:

How did TM NZ S3 turn out to be so very bad?

I'm four episodes in and don't think I'll continue.

If you quit, you'll miss probably the best episode of Taskmaster ever near the end. Easily worth watching for that one.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Wasn't the whole get out of the caravan task taken from TMNZ

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

My Lovely Horse posted:

Some time back I read that Richard Herring had a testicle removed 3 weeks before filming and while there's nothing to suggest he considered bringing it, it simply must have crossed his mind.

He's said he wanted to bring his testicle as a price but the hospital disposed of it as it was medical waste.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The team task of Frankie and Ivo is probably one of the funniest things on Taskmaster, the ending is just perfect.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Eh, while Mae doesn't really shine in the studio banter they are a fantastic foil to Kiell.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
All of them were in Guy Montgomery's Spelling Bee.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The new New Zealand season starts this Wednesday.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Unkempt posted:

Wozniak's also a frequent guest on the Beef and Dairy Network podcast which is one of my favourite things ever.

And the person who runs this podcast is also one of the people in Three Bean Salad.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The funniest thing about Campbell is that he's doing his damnest to be oh so crazy and random and seems to get genuinely shocked/annoyed when the others are outdoing him as natural weirdos

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
On the podcast Sam just shouted SEX loudly at one point and talked about how Australian version of some show game has monkeys. So random. I don't dislike him on this, it's nice to have real different personalities and he's actually good at the tasks, but hoo boy.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I liked Sam's effort in that, because of how loudly he told the biker to call him doctor cigarettes while pretending he was doing it in secret. Chain Bastard as a name was easily the best one though

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Boxturret posted:

Literally went with the dog ate her homework excuse.

Also triceratops quite famously has three horns, not five.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I didn't mind Sam being in the lead constsntly since his approach to the tasks wasn't straigtdorward unlike Dara's and Mae's. He kept doing stuff which could have gotten him disqualified but still kept his lead, which I liked.

not a bot fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 25, 2023

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The Norwegian Taskmaster Christmas special had a great task. They had 8 minutes to ask yes/no questions from a person dressed as a Santa to determine their identity. Fewest guesses wins.
They didn't have to get it right, winner was the person who asked the fewest questions. The only person who got the identity right went bananas when she realized it.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Coren-Mitchell also brings the best prize task item in the history of the show and I still think about it sometimes.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I'm so glad the leaked S17 cast turned out to be real.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Campbell is just full-on monkeycheese and I couldn't finish the episode.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Jaguars! posted:

The Auckland comedy festival has a whole category for taskmaster comedians. Guy Williams show name might be the best thing he's ever done, while Fern Brady's poster is maybe not the best thing she's ever done.

Had to google the poster and it's not a bad one. It's a version of an actual religious painting which depicts a miracle (an abbot was praying in front of a painting of a breastfeeding Virgin Mary who then squeezed her breast to shoot milk in the abbot's mouth) which Brady has said she's obsessed with.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

eke out posted:

the deal of the assistant is that they're a main writer and responsible for actually caring about how tasks go, it's a weird mix of a starring role and a producer.

to be good you gotta cast a weird little guy for it that wants to write (see: AU, NZ), not someone with multiple houses that's been on tv for 30+ years

Why would the assistant have to be the main writer? That's the case for Horne but only because he came up with the whole idea. I think the NZ assistant has said they have a team and he contributes a bit.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Many countries have thick pancakes, also some of them are baked in oven.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The others are great but John is awful. It shows that he binged all series before going on as he's is always trying to find a preplanted best solution. Not even thinking outside the box, just second-guessing the tasks based on previous series.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I do feel like John is a solid "he's fine", but I can understand why people are disliking him. I think it mostly boils down to it being really obvious that he's seen the show and is aware of its tricks

He's said that he binged the previous series (and international stuff) in a couple of weeks before his tasks were filmed and he stopped the show everytime a task was read out so he could have a think about how he'd do the task. Also said he keeps a spreadsheet of what points he thought he should get and got a bit upset when Greg didn't score accordingly. It's just a bit too much and very obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
They are running of out comedians and have to stoop down to let Nick Mohammed and Steve Pemberton on sure is a take.