Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Aw man, I really dislike Tom Gleeson. In my head, I have been hoping if there was ever an Australian taskmaster, they'd put either Shaun Micallef or Lee Lin Chin in as the taskmaster. Or, comedy option, give the roles of Greg/Alex to Colin Lane and Frank Woodley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

TelevisedInsanity posted:

It's without a doubt possible but you'll need a not Alex Horne assistant and a Grumpy Creative Type as Taskmaster.
You'd have to go bigger with names, which means a bigger investment in money and time, or shrink it smaller, which means less viewership and less chance of it being licensed out. Aka, either you make a version where Jane Lynch is the Taskmaster, or a version where Grant O'Brien (from Collegehumor/Dropout) is the Alex Horne. I can't see anyone doing a "we're not doing this like the other time" version where they keep the same 'tier' of celebrity for the host.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Creature posted:

:sparkles:I chaaanged iiiit!:sparkles:
This is without a doubt my favorite moment in all of Taskmaster. There's so many fantastic moments, but the way Katherine Ryan says I chaanged iiiit is loving sublime

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I just went from not caring about Junior Taskmaster to wanting to watch it extremely badly. Those two are perfect picks

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Alhazred posted:

I honestly don't get his appeal.

Same. I would like S6 a hell of a lot more without him in it; he drags it down hard for me in a way that makes me honestly feel kind of uncomfortable to watch. I don't know what it is about him, he just yucks me out

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I really liked s15. It isn't in my top three (13, 7, 5) but it's in my top half. The studio banter was fantastic, and it's one of the rare seasons where I loved everyone. A couple of the tasks were... ehhhhh, whatever, but overall I had a great time.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm loving Sam. He's not my stand out favorite this season, but honestly outside of Susan, they're all different kinds of my favorite, and I even really really like Susan, like, a hell of a lot--she's just not as weird as the rest of them.

I also thought Doctor Cigarettes was a great nickname, specifically because of the way he sold it, like some kid who thought he was way cooler than he was. Chain Bastard was the best nickname but Doctor Cigarettes was, for me, juuust behind it.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Creature posted:

I’m just happy that so many more people are now aware of how terrible Australian TV was in the 90s.
A shame nobody mentioned alllllllllll the blackface

But I cackled at Sam just calling Daryl Somers "Daryl"

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I like the prize tasks because the show is about making me laugh and the prize tasks make me laugh and that is good watchin'

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

He's loving fantastic.

This set of his at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival is one of my favorite stand up sets of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60pKvNLQNc

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

Brenan as Taskmaster and Katie as the assistant
I know they're already hosting something, but Lily as the Taskmaster and Grant as the assistant.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Oh who am I kidding, they'd get John Cena or Peyton Manning to be the boss for that.
I want to see John Cena as a contestant on a Taskmaster so loving bad. He's really proven himself in recent years to be fast and weird and he fully commits to everything.

Dammit, I didn't want an American Taskmaster Part Two but now I crave it just for this

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Just ask him to be on any of the other english speaking shows, it's not like it's illegal
Fine, I will

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Trabant posted:

Also, I haven't watched the new episode yet but I'm a little concerned that TM USA and related stuntcasting chat is getting as much attention :ohdear:
Don't worry, it's very good.

I don't love Steve Pemberton; he has a "tim vine but squicks me out less" vibe, but other than my own personal issue this is a good cast and I get the feeling things are going to go delightfully unhinged

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Irisi posted:

Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith can write some really macabre, pitch black comedy/drama, but even in their darkest pieces there's always these delightfully silly flashes of old-school puns, and I always wondered which one of them kept popping them in. And now I know!
Now I'm much more excited about him - even if he's not the main driver of dark, if he's co writing black comedies he's got it in him to get real hosed up, and I hope it surfaces soon.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Joel McHale would make sense in his world of clip show and heckling, but then you'll need to find a nerdy sidekick like a BDG or a Sam Reich to help.
Nah, with Joel McHale, you just don't break up the double act. Give him Ken Jeong as an assistant and you've got the safest possible choice for a mainstream adaptation.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Boxturret posted:

My pick for the american task master is a plank of wood and the assistant is a bucket of water.

hey it worked for new zealand

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I take back not liking Steve. His calculator prize task was fantastic and he was absolutely great the whole episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Joanne was fantastic on the tension task. Absolutely fantastic

eke out posted:

maybe spoiled from recent excellent seasons, but i have not gelled with this cast nearly as much.
Yeah, I agree with this, but the last four seasons have been pretty much my favorite of the whole show so I was kind of expecting a little bit of a lull. Still really enjoying it though!

Wungus fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 12, 2024