Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve seen the first 8 seasons so far and 6 is absolutely the worst. The least interesting tasks, too many contestants trying to be “the crap one”, and Greg’s obvious crush on Liza Tarbuck being some of the bigger issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It does seem very odd to me that this thread is gonna start with season 3 based on a podcast most people probably won’t listen to

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh I just realised season 9 has David Baddiel in it. That dude’s become such a piece of poo poo that I’m honestly considering skipping it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watching through season 9 and it’s very good. Rose Matafeo and Ed Gamble are extremely funny and Katy Wix’s innocent energy is great too. And whoever said David Baddiel being hilariously useless makes up for what a shitheel he is irl was right

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Season 10 is so brilliantly mean I’m loving dying

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I really enjoyed Ballas’ energy and think she would be excellent in a full season. I can’t believe I’ve actually made it to episodes released this year tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think he just has a crush on her

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I'm on ep 2 of Season 6 and I think it's already my least favourite season so far. Russell Howard has always left me cold, and his smug demeanour in this so far isn't helping his case. Lisa doesn't feel like she's trying all that hard. Tim Vine feels like he's way out of his depth and knows it. Alice I'm enjoying, and Asim I don't have a handle on yet.

It’s definitely my least favourite to date. 7 is one of the best though, so you got that to look forward to!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still wanna watch the US Taskmaster for Funches and Kate Berlant but it sounds worse and worse every time it gets brought up

Anyway taking a small break after finally catching up with the UK show. Charlotte Ritchie is so adorably useless

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow, that was an incredibly strong opening. Seems like a good variety of demeanours and approaches to tasks. I’m pumped for more.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really glad I decided to watch this after breakfast instead of during, jesus christ

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Victoria is a perfect Taskmaster contestant

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Victoria, Morgana, and Guz are all amazing contestants. And Alan and Desiree are both pretty awesome too. v good season

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was like 10, and that was bad enough. Poor Victoria.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Bluth posted:

I did enjoy watching Victoria watching the ball going in and the dawning realisation that perhaps she should have stopped it.

“I didn’t realise the ball could go upwards”

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She’s a comedian, so it’s very possible. But honestly who knows

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was such a good finale jesus. Definitely one of my top 3 Taskmaster seasons along with 5 and 7. Victoria was perfect.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is Taskmaster NZ s1 worth watching even if it isn’t an all-timer like 2?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I managed to forget for the entire time season 13 was airing that Bridget Christie is married to Stewart Lee. That must be the most bizarre household.

I’m glad Sophie won she was my favourite this season

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lee Evans retiring was one of the best things ever to happen to British comedy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trash comedy

e: don’t forget he also makes wacky faces

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My TV tracker app says it’s tomorrow

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that poo poo sucks. I would simply not follow the show’s account on social media

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I accidentally missed what they’re actually meant to do during the first filmed task so I have no idea what is happening

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Per posted:

Good thing I'm not on the show, my finisher would have been "... with Kobe".

SAME it was all I could think of

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All those songs owned lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fern’s whole deal made a lot more sense to me when I saw on her twitter that she has autism (and makes it part of her brand a lot)

I think she’s great

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Don't think this will rank among my favorite seasons, but I'm really going to miss Fern, Kearns, and Munya being on this show. They're each so chaotic in their own special ways that I could watch a whole other season with em'.

This season having so many wild cards makes up for Dara being so insanely boring and trying too hard to actually win most of the time

I think this is one of the best of the B-tier seasons if you get me. Not an all-timer like a 5/7/12, but very good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m gonna be sick laughing at these plays oh my god. What the gently caress is Sarah’s. She is demented. Fern’s impression is so good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I criticized Dara earlier, but I do like him overall. I just dislike when people take the easy way out of tasks.

Basically this. I didn’t anticipate it would lead to such a fiery debate haha

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mae Martin has a pretty good show called Feel Good on Channel 4 in the UK and Netflix internationally. and yeah Boyle is very well-known (if an irritating shell of what he used to be). I don’t know the other three.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He hasn’t done anything bad I don’t think he’s just a pale imitation of his former self who sold out heavily. Hopefully will still be a fun contestant though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t realise she was autistic until she tweeted about it/moments where it showed the most and then I could see it a lot. She rules

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know there’s probably a very dull reason for that but I really hope it’s because a contestant wrecked it in a task gone awry

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was Kate Berlant not good in the US Taskmaster? I love her but nobody ever brings her up

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If Jimmy Carr was on Taskmaster I would actively avoid that season like the plague

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really fun special. Would have loved to see any of this lot in a main series (well, maybe not the radio guy)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like this one a lot

https://youtu.be/ZTCizVS7N4k

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

reality_groove posted:

I really appreciate Greg and Alex respecting Mae's they/them pronouns.

Yeah that was really nice. Fun premiere, decent lineup, I really like Dean from Stath Lets Flats. Good contrast with him being competent but charismatic, Mae’s poise, Jenny losing her poo poo, and Ivo turning everything into an actual disaster. Also Frankie Boyle is there, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I truly believe Victoria is the best Taskmaster contestant there has ever been. She will never be topped.