Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

oh jay posted:

I wonder if that task had a "right" answer for the time keeping portion, even if it was one of Alex's silly gags like, use the first hourglass once, second twice, third three times, or something.

I imagine it was meant to be using the mirror to see the clock on the roof of the caravan (with all the hourglasses and such inside just a distraction), it's just that Mae was unlucky enough to film on a rainy day that broke the clock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Bertha the Toaster posted:

https://www.taskmastersbirthday.com/

Edit: I think the dumbest thing about it is the fact that Greg's birthday is in May. No one's going to remember that site exists by that point.

Out of curiosity, I checked when this series' studio parts were filmed to see if maybe this episode was actually filmed on his birthday: it was filmed from the 2nd-12th of May, and Greg's birthday is May 14th. The absolute pointlessness of it is hilarious to me. How would anyone in the studio have even scanned it to begin with, in order to maybe remember to check it a few days later?

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I do feel like John is a solid "he's fine", but I can understand why people are disliking him. I think it mostly boils down to it being really obvious that he's seen the show and is aware of its tricks, which makes it feel a lot less organic when he finds one. There have been a lot of contestants by this point that at least have some familiarity with the show before going on it, but I think it is typically more fun when people go in largely blind.

Katherine Parkinson is easily my favorite example of someone going in blind; I never got tired of her baffled fumbling.

"...am I the spider?"