Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

After a wonderful, months-long journey from discovering Taskmaster clips on Facebook, to finding the Youtube channel and binging all 14 seasons, I can finally say I am caught up with the show and this thread. Looking forward to March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Psychepath posted:

Just sitting here watching my favorite show shouting "Stab the duck!" Gonna be a good, weird series.

I'm glad I was not the only one

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Right there!!!!

C'mon Alex. Or just license Taskmaster to Dropout/folks in the LA Comedy scene to do a faithful version. The pool of podcast/actual comedians there that would kill it. In the good way, not in the the ill-fated original US version way.

Brenan as Taskmaster and Katie as the assistant

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

nerox posted:

As someone who just started watching game changer this week, I 100% agree.

I am jealous, you have so many fun things ahead of you to discover

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

not a bot posted:

The Norwegian Taskmaster Christmas special had a great task. They had 8 minutes to ask yes/no questions from a person dressed as a Santa to determine their identity. Fewest guesses wins.
They didn't have to get it right, winner was the person who asked the fewest questions. The only person who got the identity right went bananas when she realized it.

Fantastic wording of the task. I love it

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I'd be surprised if Dropout isn't actively trying to get involved in another shot at TM US. Between them and the CBB regulars, LA has a really brilliant pool for the show, it's a shame Comedy Central poo poo the bed so bad with their run at it. Did seem to teach them not to mess with the proven formula given how every other iteration sticks to it so closely.

Seeing Brennan on TM would be incredible

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Teach posted:

Off to London tomorrow to be in the audience for Taskmaster Kids, will report back.

Well?........

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

+1 for BBQ

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I started watching The Completely Made up Adventures of Dick Turpin on AppleTV starring Noel Fielding, and who should show up as the leader of the Hellhounds, the most feared gang in the country, in the second episode?

Our Taskmaster!!!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Our boys doing the talk show circuit. Interesting choice to put this much oomf in the U.S. over the debut of the next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsJTS8KldvE&t=1s

I'm disappointed their walk-out music wasn't an live-band version of the TM theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonthompson/2024/03/30/taskmaster-is-the-white-lotus-of-the-entertainment-world/amp/

quote:

There are already numerous incarnations of Taskmaster, which started as a show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival worldwide. However, would the pair consider bringing the UK show to the US?

"We're in New York at the moment and we're muttering about it. We think it could work," Horne mused.

"We would love to do it. I'll say it, blatantly," Davies laughed. "I would love us to do it, but I think it would have to be a recreation of what we do on our terms. American performers coming into our world and abiding by our rules, and I think it would work, and I would love to do it."

Horne continued, "Americans have always loved some British shows, like The Office and going back to Monty Python. I don't know why, but I think they have taken this under their wing. I haven't got an answer for you, and it might be because it's quintessentially British, but it's very different from anything on American TV. People tend to tell us that it makes them happy, and if they're sad, they can turn to it and escape."

So, who would they like to be on the panel of Taskmaster US?

"Schwarzenegger," they said almost in unison. "And Danny DeVito," Horne added. "Let's get both Twins on. We'd love to get Kamala Harris."

"Who's the one that does the chat show? She was in E.T.? Drew Barrymore," Davies continued.