Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
How are US people watching this? Just VPN? I found the first 2 episodes of season 12 but either he hasn't put out any more or they're blocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

oh jay posted:

If we're talking about the same channel, check their community tab.

Oh cool! Cheers!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Give Scott Aukerman as producer an hour on TBS at 9pm.

Crews as host, Someone lesser known like Gemberling as assistant.

edit: Tina Fey as TM.

comedy edit: Jason Mantzoukas as TM

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 11, 2022

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I agree that Darkplace is just bad to an unfunny place. Luckily, humor is subjective.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I must have missed it on my first watchthrough, but I just saw Mike Wozniak injure himself in a way that almost made me vomit. And then they kept playing it.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Is it me or is Series 9 not available in the US unless I pay? It seems to be the only one

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I couldn’t name a twitch personality for a million bucks

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Alhazred posted:

The most obnoxious taskmaster contestant by far won in the Norwegian version.

Worse than Lisa Lampanelli?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
The more I think of it, the more I want Tina Fey as the American Taskmaster.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

thebardyspoon posted:

It's also kinda important to remember there are gonna be tasks that just don't work for you, it's kinda the nature of the tasks being kind of a grab bag. Personally I find the musical ones really awkward usually because I'm utterly tone deaf and most comedians aren't great at improvising a tune but obviously I'd never suggest they stop doing them since they clearly are a lot of peoples favourites.

I am musical and I've never liked them either. All the way back to the Whose Line on Comedy Central, music games are painful.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I’d never heard of Ardal before this, but apparently he had a Comedy Central Presents back in 2001

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Apparently Fred the Swede used to be the drummer for the Horne Section.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Bridget and Ardal just get more and more unhinged.

This show has also made me fall in love with both Aisling Bea and Sophie Duker.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
https://youtu.be/EFWvu_fGeLE

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My daughter had a good out of left field suggestion for the Taskmaster: Kurt Braunohler. In full dismissive bastard mode he'd be genius.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Superrodan posted:

Pretty good article about Taskmaster and Alex:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...but-not-bonkers

EDIT: In which he says he doesn't wanna do USA Taskmaster again but does know that 75% of the TM views on youtube come from the USA.

I'm disappointed to learn that Buzzcocks is prewritten

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Besides wanting to watch that when someone uploads it, is there an easy way to just watch tv in other countries? I’ll take commercials and all, I’m just curious to watch some Aussie/Irish/Parisian tv

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I need to find a source for Aus

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Related to TM, I watched through all of Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont-Spelling Bee and it was great. I wish I could compete in this one though. I'd clean up on fake points.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
That's kind of how Mae is in the stuff I've seen. In that show about last one to laugh with all the Canadian comics they were almost the same demeanor throughout.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Good ep.

How is Joann older than Sophie? Sophie seems like a Mrs Bucket type already.

As long as Nick stays away from Mr Swallow I'll be happy. I like him a lot so far and the interviews sound like he'll be the outside-the-box guy.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My stuntcast is Tina Fey as TM and Jack McBrayer as assistant. Or Conan and Jack. But Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I'm actually coming around on Joanne. Her confused anger is way better than boring competence or blase indifference.