Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Imo canada sucks

e: add to OP please

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

food bank

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Not sure I understand what they mean by 'never told you these figures', daily case counts, active cases, and cumulative cases have been available for quite some time

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

It's wild seeing folks bring up Harper as a Boogeyman to vote Red or else as if the alternative wasn't Martin or Ignatief

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Anyway, not participating is a valid approach, and if you disagree you're an rear end in a top hat

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

half cocaine posted:

We should all vote for the tories just to see what will happen.

very little

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ChickenDoodle posted:

Which doesn’t work on many iPhones, including my own. It loads on my iPad but I’m not going to want to take that with me to a concert.

If it comes out on that I’m going to be so mad.

if you log into health gateway it has a card you can print that shows your vaccine info. Not certain that'll help if they demand the app, but I seriously doubt there'll be anything but lax enforcement going on

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

the talent deficit posted:

"progressive" hero jack layton ran on a loving balanced budget. get out of here

And a bunch of other stuff. If you want to vote libs, go ahead, but this is nonsense

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/rohanarezel/status/1432142836057706502?s=19

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Did polling in Canada suddenly become accurate? When did that happen?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

oxygen is stored in the balls

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Well for one the count is 4 if the greens are still a party

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Sure it's your choice and all but

Several of my first nations friends make this argument (for themselves and their tribe) and to be honest I think they're right in their case

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Why is there a loving genocide denier in here

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Powershift posted:

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/lo...78f235a78e/amp/

rip the Beaverton.

Even they couldn’t come up with something this loving ridiculous.

QR code passports with no way to read them.

Are they using SHC like BC/Quebec?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/fabulavancouver/status/1460995137060814851?s=20

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/video/2019/07/18/citynews-regional-live-2/

update from Horgan and the NDP

Horgan just mentioned that the province will need to prepare for more events like this in the future

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

large hands posted:

Gee I wish we had some of them concentration camps

luckily there's a few different options here in north america

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Nitr0 posted:

So how long is anti everything gonna be a thing? 90+ percent vaccination, everything seems chill.

I’m happy to be rid of masks all the time. No need to be such a Debbie downer.

https://twitter.com/ahandvanish/status/1502034441010569221?t=HbmdpP1hJow-LOtjqu4Bhg&s=19

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

infernal machines posted:

That's an interesting source.

From the bio of Hannah Davis, and the organizations she references in her Bio

Not to discount their lived experience, but they are not otherwise subject matter experts. So you are just taking them at their word.

I suppose - do you have some source saying the long term consequences of COVID are negligible?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

There's been a push in this thread and other COVID related threads to discourage people from posting random Twitter users as authoritative sources on things relating to medical information and epidemiology, for good reason, IMO.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that. What level of credentials, generally, are acceptable?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You are asking for proof/sources right now. And I called out JawKnee for posting some Twitter rando as a source on health info because that's something we've established is an issue.

If you want to drive by post someone's Twitter thread about health/epidemiology as if it proves something, at least check if they have some professional knowledge of the subject at hand.

If I post a tweet from FreedomEagle.news that says "COVID strengthens the lungs" I would be pilloried for it, justly. The standard of evidence doesn't drop just because you happen to agree with what they're saying.

I think that's a little unfair. You mentioned the organizations the person posted works with, but failed to mention that they also have peer reviewed papers, including one that's been published in the Lancet on long covid. The two are hardly comparable.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You're right, my reference to FreedomEagle.news was hyperbole and isn't a fair comparison.

Could you link me to the paper in The Lancet?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(21)00299-6/fulltext

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Maybe? As an anecdote, I caught covid last week; the only reason I know this is because I was able to get a rapid antigen test and tested positive. I was showing symptoms, but was unable to get a PCR test from testing sites here in BC because I'm fully vaccinated. That probably means I would be considered to not have a confirmed diagnosis, but that didn't much help me feeling like poo poo all of last week

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

EvilJoven posted:

Isn't that earthquake one of those 'could happen tomorrow could happen a thousand years from now' sorta things.

Yes

quote:

I mean BC is going to have it's problems with sea level rise and constant wildfires but even I wouldn't bother avoiding the region because of this theoretical earthquake.

Also yes. The problem from the earthquake won't be a tsunami but (aside from the initial destruction of buildings, infrastructure, services) the potential liquefaction of a huge amount of the land surrounding greater vancouver. For a fun time have a look at elevation maps around the gvrd, particularly paying attention to the elevation of all our major land routes out of the area

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Madkal posted:

My brother is law has an oceanside property in Chilliwack. He just doesn't know it yet.

fingers crossed we only get like 30m of sea level rise instead of 60+ and I will too!

until our old rear end pbr gets torn down to build more modern condos

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

a whole bunch of the fraser valley flood plain is at risk. But tbh almost everyone in vancouver is hosed in the event of a major earthquake, so I wouldn't worry about it all that much

now sea level rise - that is definitely going to gently caress things up

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/richardzussman/status/1582959543843450880?t=c9XUp9-mSXsUmEv7iAcsyA&s=19

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Another Bill posted:

There are stores like this but only if you live in Toronto it seems

https://www.canadareduces.ca/zero-waste-stores

The Soap Dispensary in van, which does stuff other than soap as well, may be able to do this too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Pvt. Parts posted:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert on economics but I know enough to understand that that there are many factors which go into a market price and, in a robust market, none of them are "because I feel like it".

Yeah it's not like there's any examples at all of companies massively hiking prices just because they can their fundamental motivation is to make money

quote:

If you think people should beg for healthcare so that you don't have to wait in line, you are a terrible person at a very fundamental level.