Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Legit feel bad for the normal and sane people stuck in Alberta during this.

Danielle Smith does know that the provincial government is separate from federal right? Like, if she wants to affect federal hiring and policy she ran at the wrong level of government.

e: This has to be performance for the loyal crazies that vote for her party. No one that deep into politics can be that dumb.

My first job here was IT support for Elections Alberta. I cannot tell you how many idiots came in for early vote who were pissed that they couldn't vote for Danielle Smith, and we had to tell them that we weren't in her riding and they needed to vote for her party. They then would ask who was in her party which we could not tell them, and they were again pissed they had to Google something for two seconds.

I made sure to very clearly demonstrate to the poll workers the "NO MODEM" sticker on the tabulators so they could show people who asked. We still got a couple hardcore tinfoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.elections.ab.ca/voters/how-to-vote/voting-by-mail/

It was via special ballot, we'd have people come in and say they couldn't vote on election day for ~reasons~. We'd give them this and they'd go behind the screen which had a list of names of candidates but not the affiliated parties and then they'd come out Big Mad Danielle Smith wasn't on there. This was during the provincial in May of last year.

It was a neat way to learn about Canadian civics and also made me sad that the brain worms made it so far north. Everyone should participate in elections at least once, you do get paid.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
wooooo emergency alert warning of blackouts in this lovely weather asking us to turn poo poo off

good thing shitposting doesn't take much electricity

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
So I'm from Arizona, got my PR and after the whole Roe getting overturned and seeing how poo poo is sliding into the conservative abyss I mentioned to my Canadian husband that I was scared abortion rights could get nixed too. He seems to think that could never happen here. I didn't think Roe would get overturned either. Obviously the thread knows more about how politics trend, is my anxiety warranted at all?

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

apatheticman posted:

But also added the email string to the statement page

Its an anti abortion group seizing the opportunity to get uncritical press to start the conversation to roll back abortion rights.

Good job Danielle & CTV

https://www.theprogressreport.ca/progress_report_329

:shepicide:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
I had to submit a sales pitch via video upload for my work, and the AI said I was boring, animated, uncertain and bossy, but scored me in the 90% range.

Also, the company said for this pitch we should make the customer feel anxious if they didn't go with us, which I loving despise. I work in a very small rural town and that bullshit wouldn't go over well at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

DarkSol posted:

I do have my PR... I just feel like I'm powerless to impact what happens politically, despite the politics being able to impact me.

Plus, I don't even know who to donate time and money to here in Nova Scotia. (Obviously avoid the CPC and PPC.)

hf PR helpless buddy, Alberta here