Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

Arivia posted:

The hospital tried to charge me for my private rooms recently.

The problem was that those private rooms were 1) the ICU where I was on a ventilator with COVID and 2) the quarantine room I was placed in for the rest of my stay.

I called them up and they were like "yeah, you didn't actually get to choose those, but if you had insurance we'd bill it anyway"

loving mess, even up here.

Yes this happens to me everytime. Because I have insurance they bill it for the full coverage but don't charge me anything. I don't have a say in it and it doesn't really affect me in any way but it always seems shady as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Is there anything more loathful than a "campus conservative"

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

That corp buys houses through private sales undercutting the local market then divides them into basement, main floor duplexes rented out at above market rates.

Ever get those flyers offering to buy your house for cash ( at two thirds market value)? Yeah thats how they're buying houses.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Yes you have to call or book through pharmacy.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Lol oh yeah that was the pension that bought into a bunch of pipelines

If there's one thing I want my pension plan investing in, it's oil and gas pipelines

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

To be fair they have to be much more conservative at investing to preserve capital. But buying pipelines.. is not that

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Remember when Ralph Klein cut everyone checks instead of investing oil gas windfalls for the future lol

But this is definitely Trudeau's fault somehow

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Lol that shirt

Like he walked into the bay and asked for the farmboy special

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

That's cool

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Another Bill posted:

I remember after the last election being really struck how Conservatives couldn't believe they'd lost. Didn't Scheer refuse to concede until the next day or something?

What I'm saying is, there's a pretty decent chance that Conservative HQ are once again huffing their own farts and actually believe this Covid conspiracy poo poo.

Well they did win the popular vote lol

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Beards make it harder to do full blackface

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Pallister is up spewing bullshit.

"We're not a perfect country but compared to others we're much better."

"To the people tearing down statues, we need to build better."

"The people who came to this country didn't come here to destroy, they came here to build better."

I'm so loving sick of this catchphrase

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Erin is a girl's name lol

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Coyne is a boomer moron. The conservatives just need to double down on being assholes and should have elected some shithead like Maxime Bernier or Derek Sloane their leader.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

enki42 posted:

The two things /r/toronto is reliably right wing as gently caress on are how homeless people are treated and cops at pride.

I see lots of posts on these homeless clearings that are literally copy and paste from the same threads months ago. It's very weird

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

I'm reaching the point of just not caring about the unvaxxed

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

How does chrystia Freeland have 4 million dollars to blow on a statue

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

I can't even fathom the level of gooniness necessary to get upset about cats being outdoors lol

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/MaximeBernier/status/1421921328408498178?s=20

We have to live with covid19, but uh, also don't get vaccinated

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

People like him are the embodiment of "Do as I say not as I do". I bet he is fully vaccinated and this is just a show for his insane base.

I'd say this is like 50 50 odds. The only way to be sure is to infect him

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Give jagmeet a chance to form a coalition government with O'Toole

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Even most cabinet ministers are spineless lackeys

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

"the blackface candidate is actually the best choice for minorities"

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

There's no way to know how your single vote in your riding will affect the overall outcome of an election in which 14 million votes are cast.

What you can know is who you are actually voting for.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Everything is awful

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

The media is running wild with Monsef referring to the Taliban as brothers. During the media briefing today a journalist poked her on that and asked why she refers to the taliban as brothers but not conservative parry Muslims.

Of course the firestorm was agitated by Warren Kinsella and Ezra Levant.

It's stupid but also I hope she loses because she's awful

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

I don't think you can make a reasonable opposition to mandatory vaccination. It's already mandatory for kids in most provinces. We have a long history of requiring vaccination for public health.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Kraftwerk posted:

It's a resounding success for the party, the insiders and whatever fundraising they were able to achieve from this.
Their entire political goal is to get as many of the candidates they personally like and feel connected to into Queen's Park or Parliament Hill so they can grift off govt salaries and build sinecures for themselves via govt and associated thinktanks. Change my mind.
The best thing that could ever happen to Canada is if the NDP became electorally insignificant and a real social democratic party replaces them and prevents any of the failsons from joining and starting another grift.

Canada is packed with real social-democratic talent. I'm convinced there's people out there who'd do a good job if there was a vehicle/party for them to ascend into politics through. Instead the NDP sit there and occupy that spot in our political spectrum and are basically dead weight that keeps us from getting a real party that actually wants to do something.

Ok, so who are you voting for then.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

I feel so bad for everyone in healthcare right now

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

I'm all for more cleaning in public places. I don't care if it prevents covid or not. I don't like getting any kind of sick and people are disgusting.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

I'd much rather my candidate look like some dishelved working class slob than be like jagmeet and wear rolexes, drive a BMW and wear job Bluth suits

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Calumanjaro posted:

It happened with a Harper minority. Iirc the conservatives took out ads basically calling coalitions undemocratic. And also the liberals would rather conservatives govern, than compromise with the NDP.

Coalitions have to have a majority of seats to work. That one didn't.

I absolutely do not buy that any politician would rather someone else be prime minister than themselves out of spite.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Another Bill posted:

The Ontario Liberals went on the attack against the NDP at the end of the last provincial election when it became clear they wouldn't beat the Conservatives.

That's standard operating procedure for the liberals to win more seats. It has nothing to do with forming coalition governments.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

Hell no they wouldn't do that. The Liberals would continue to govern as a Minority government, likely depending on NDP backing, but there's zero chance they'd bring them the NDP to a formal coalition.

Why would the NDP agree to support them without a formal coalition? They would have Trudeau by the balls and wouldn't need to trigger an election. Without their support the conservatives form a government and they don't have the baggage of forcing an election.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

Well for all the reasons they aren't in a coalition with the Libs right now.

They don't need a formal coalition agreement to not trigger an election, they just need a GG who isn't an idiot.

No they don't, but the NDP has every reason to force the liberals into it for support. It's a can't lose for them. If the liberals don't want to do it then they let them fall and make them look like idiots, then mop up their votes when the conservative minority government inevitably fails within a short period of time.

No party has any reason to campaign On coalition platform in our current system. The two situations are not at all the same.

I'm getting exhausted explaining this. Y'all need a basic politics course.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

eXXon posted:

Indeed, I'm really curious as to what fraction of people (even amongst those who can actually afford it) would still vote if it cost $25 for some dumb reason.

I probably will anyway but I'm also generally annoyed that if I want to sent a card or letter from the US to Canada I have to either spend $20 or accept that it might arrive the next day or in 3-4 weeks, who knows? And presumably the same is true vice versa (I'm pretty sure it's 99% USPS rather than Canada Post to blame).

Yeah but it's entirely your fault for waiting this long.

You probably could send it first class mail and it probably would get there in time, but there's a chance it won't.

It's pretty incredible you can pay less than 2 dollars and send something anywhere in North America.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

The gently caress are you whining about. You don't even live here

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

The "hr issue" is treating your employees like poo poo and having them leave lol

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

ZeeBoi posted:

Oh poo poo the Parry Sound-Muskoka candidate is Revolver Ocelot

This is a will Ferrell character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Lol the albertain chuds are shutting themselves rn