Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Alctel posted:

Everyone I know in my town is really nice and progressive

white people say this about the intensely racist town I live in as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

MA-Horus posted:

At a time when parks are being used more than ever before, I bring you the National Post!

https://twitter.com/accessd/status/1400155095808065542?s=19

"the solution to homelessness is definitely more privately-owned housing"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

I hope to god you're wrong and I can tell you to gently caress off for doomposting.

how much worse do things need to get before people stop saying "doomposting"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

lmao at the idea that "manitobans will elect conservatives" is some kind of way off unlikely scenario

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

apatheticman posted:

Reddit is a white supremacist cesspool... stop going.

actual picture of me on my way to a place that doesn't have a white supremacy problem

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

PT6A posted:

Who doesn't celebrate Guy Fawkes day?

china. makes you think

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

got my second shot one week ago and I'm only just now back to normal

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

china!!!!!!!!!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

reading the interminable back and forth between "opening runs the risk of developing more variants" and various responses that can be summarized mostly as "nyehhhh!" and deciding confidently that I should hang myself

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

pokeyman posted:

(Sorry, does that fall under "nyehhhh"?)

yes

prom candy posted:

I'm looking forward to dying

god, same

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Starks posted:

calling people racist over this seems like a stretch

"People are only allowed to be a part of the government if they speak these two specific European languages" is racism.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

supersnowman posted:

No because Inuktitut isn't a recognized official language of Canada while French is.

hmm I wonder why that is. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

supersnowman posted:

Probably because it would not get enough vote to the govt in power to list it as an official language

Yeah, I wonder why the Indigenous population is so small. Real head scratcher, there.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

That thing is creepy af and going straight in the river sorry about your pet.

tbh this is how I feel about actual dogs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Dogs are the most dangerous animal in the world and lots of breeds of dog are bred to intentionally have various problems that they constantly suffer from and owning one of those animals and then constantly espousing your appreciation for how it loves you unconditionally is very unsettling to me! :shrug:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I guess they're behind snakes (and mosquitoes if you count being a vector for disease), but they're still disconcertingly high on the list as an animal that we regularly cohabitate with?

Whatever, my point is I endorse the robot dogs.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

flakeloaf posted:

sorry you've never had a dog

My family bred dogs for a long time.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

flakeloaf posted:

Having one companion dog that pays attention to you-personally is very different from living in a house whose main feature is a revolving door of piddling, stinking, moody livestock, but ok I'll eat that one.

I mean yeah, and we had those too. But holding a newborn pup squeezed out of a womb packed to nearly bursting of other pups because the breed was so utterly small that it's basically not possible for them to breed without intervention and having to carefully and forcefully whip it through the air to swing the plug of mucus and amniotic fluid out of its airways so that it could maybe start breathing and survive made me rethink people's relationships with dogs, and then doing that several other times solidified those feelings.

[Your dog] is probably, like, fine and good and stuff! But, ugh, dogs.

Oxyclean posted:

please do not endorse the tool of police

Clarification: I think it would be good if we didn't have police and also had robot dogs.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

flakeloaf posted:

But like, ugh. Humans :)

:hmmyes:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Doctor posted:

I can't believe we are diving headfirst into reopening schools and universities next month. What on earth are they thinking???

I don't know the reason, but considering the usual pablum of the political majority in this country, I'm going to assume it's something around the lines of "but, China, you see,"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Jimbozig posted:

Online school does not work for all kids. Some kids will just turn on YouTube and watch that in another tab instead of doing their work.

Surely forcing these children into an overcrowded classroom during a pandemic will, somehow, magically, solve the problem with their attention span.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Jimbozig posted:

Teachers are very experienced with dealing with kids with ADHD

Gosh, things sure have changed from when I was a kid.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ChickenDoodle posted:

What’s the consensus here about the borders being opened tomorrow to “fully vaccinated Americans”?

...tomorrow? A friend of a friend from Ohio drove here (Ontario) last week for a funeral and just drove back yesterday.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Do they... check, that a funeral is actually happening, somewhere?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Oh yeah, just to be clear, the person I'm talking about really was here for a funeral. Just... I feel like hearing "they're opening the border tomorrow" is the first I've even heard of it being closed.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wilkinson-climate-report-1.6135502

I can't tell if I want to laugh or cry.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Beelzebufo posted:

If they fled Laos during the civil war there's a good chance they were fleeing the communists.

I don't know how much more clear it can be that North America is where the nazis flee to.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol, the pathet lao are

I don't care, dude.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

MaoistBanker posted:

Outsider who works for a Canadian company and I want to sound not totally stupid. Where does this election likely end up? Another minority? I could see people going "Well I hate CPC so here's your dumb majority just leave us alone!"

Some white guy's gonna go on TV and say "the federal Liberals made health care bad" and then the braindead populace of this country will elect a Conservative majority

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

"We'll never get rid of the cops, so we should just focus on the real problem*."

*the cops

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

eXXon posted:

Like it's been what a week or two since police violently evicted homeless people from parks they since closed for filming or just out of spite so why exactly do we have to hand it to them?

This happened in my city today, again, for literally no reason.

Abolish the cops.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

*while killing a minority* "No, trust me, they want this!"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Starks posted:

Im not sure what it means that they “rejected” nazism. Because they didn’t fight westerners?

Knowing the way white folk love to move goalposts, it's probably something like "we planted different kinds of potatoes in our fields and as such it's irresponsible to say we were fascists."

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

"They aren't real Nazis unless they've physically invaded Poland, so saying that they are is without merit!"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

infernal machines posted:

The CPC sucks because they are entirely willing to embrace bigotry, and everything they claim to want to do will have real negative consequences for the most vulnerable Canadians. They don't also have to be cartoon villains for this to be true.

I don't know how to tell you this, but the Nazis were, like, real,

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Is there a specific thing that the fascists need to do before pejoratively calling them Nazis becomes acceptable, or should I just only refer to fascists as fascists and then have other neolib nitpicks talk down to me about how "well, technically, that's not fascism, you see, because,"

(to be clear I don't see the limp swastika thing but I think getting all up in arms in defense of the poor Nazis is peak neolib poo poo)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I think they'll be fine, actually, but then again I know people who aren't white? I guess?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Orthanc6 posted:

Yes, any Canadian politician calling for or defending cultural or physical genocide of natives or any other group, feel free to call a Nazi.

You mean, like, the Cons?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Laughing at how quickly we went from "no way will people vote con after all this bungling" to "okay but these cons aren't that bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Powershift posted:

It is going to take Alberta 50 years to recover from Kenney's 4 year reign of terror.

Optimistic to think we'll still be around in 50 years.